Another D800 and Amazon question (sorry)

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions
Clark95
Regular MemberPosts: 461
Like?
Another D800 and Amazon question (sorry)
Mar 24, 2012

I know there has been an insane amount of talk about Amazon and their d800 orders- so I apologize for adding to the mix. But I was just wondering if anyone knows if the majority or pre-orders for the D800 placed during the first opening period were filled (to the users on the forum that placed orders through them).

Also, does anyone know appox. when they re-opened the ordering on March 8th? I placed my pre-order in the evening.

I am not expecting the camera any time soon, but just wanted to get an idea of percent who placed pre-orders during the first round had their orders shipped.

I was hoping to get it by Mid-may for a trip, but the D700 will work just as fine. Now I am hoping maybe the end of the summer based on everything I am hearing. I can be patient and wait, but it's not having an idea of when that drives me crazy, lol.

Thanks for any insight.

Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
tltanus
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Re: Another D800 and Amazon question (sorry)
In reply to Clark95, Mar 24, 2012

what is the estimated delivery date of your order. i preordered on the 16th March and it is showing me 2nd May now.......

was hoping that it will come mid April (previously it was estimated to be from 16th April-May 1st)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mark Schuver
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?

As best as I can figure out, if you ordered within the first couple of hours that the D800 went on sale on Amazon on the evening of February 6, you have been told that your camera will be shipping in the next couple of days. I don't know if anyone has received one yet from Amazon. I believe they should by Monday or Tuesday.

If you ordered more than a couple of hours after it went on line on February 6, or early on February 7 then (like me) you are getting a Delivery Estimate of Friday April 13, 2012 - Monday April 30, 2012.

I believe orders were shut down sometime around mid-day on February 7. I'm not sure what people are being told after orders reopened.

Mark Schuver's gear list:Mark Schuver's gear list
Nikon D800
teinszo
Regular MemberPosts: 225
Like?

My shipping date changed from April 18 to Shipping Soon. I don't know whether that is better or worse than the original shipping date?

ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,941Gear list
Like?
Ordered March 9th ... April 13 - 30 delivery ... next day air option

Hope that helps.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
ssmumich00
Regular MemberPosts: 412Gear list
Like?
In reply to teinszo, Mar 24, 2012

When did you order?

I placed an order at 10:37 PST (1:37 EST) on Feb 6/Feb 7 (depending on your coast) and NOW have a shipping date end of April, early May.

I was supposed to have it today, March 24th.

I'm on the East coast, I suspect it's a distribution center thing and I'll get it next week.

teinszo wrote:

My shipping date changed from April 18 to Shipping Soon. I don't know whether that is better or worse than the original shipping date?

ssmumich00's gear list:ssmumich00's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +3 more
Clark95
Regular MemberPosts: 461
Like?
Re: Ordered March 9th ... April 13 - 30 delivery ... next day air option
In reply to ne beginner, Mar 24, 2012

Thanks. I didn't put my order in until the evening of March 8th when it was re-opened, so I am not expecting it any time soon. I was just wondering what time approx they re-opened on the 8th of March. And from what some of you mentioned, it sounds like a lot may not have been fulfulled during the first period of pre-orders in Feb, which makes me think my chances of getting one in the first half of May are pretty slim.

My status says delivery estimate of April 13-30th. But that date means nothing. I've learned long ago that for things that are out of stock, or pre-release, it's just an estimated date they expect to have more stock (which could be sooner or later), and it does not take into account how many pre-orders they have compared to how many they expect to receive. Hopefully people will get thier orders sooner rather than later, but I am not overly optimistic.

TstormRyan
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Re: Ordered March 9th ... April 13 - 30 delivery ... next day air option

I believe it will take them months just to satisfy the original February orders. I ordered on Feb 7th 4:45 EST, probably way to late for me to receive it soon.

ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,941Gear list
Like?
Agree, these dates are likely to change.

Yes I believe these dates will be pushed further back since it does not seem that they have been able to meet the orders of those who ordered earlier.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads