7d noise. Is this normal?

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions
sstephan
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
you dont get it do ya
In reply to tko, Mar 25, 2012

(and again , posting pics to prove us wrong , and above all ,with some "special noise processing" what a joke)

again , 7d performance is inconsistant .your camera might be great , some others might be bad , its not always user error .

what if i like under exposed images ? why with the 7d i need to be extra carefull with exposure and have other ideal conditions for noise free images , while i can get other cameras in this price range , that kill the 7d when it comes to noise and iq .

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
schmegg
Senior MemberPosts: 4,967
Like?
Re: you dont get it do ya
In reply to sstephan, Mar 25, 2012

sstephan wrote:

(and again , posting pics to prove us wrong , and above all ,with some "special noise processing" what a joke)

Not a joke - just good quality photography. Please feel free to post an ISO3200 image from the 40D that is as good and has not had any "special noise processing" - I'd love to see it!

again , 7d performance is inconsistant .your camera might be great , some others might be bad , its not always user error .

You are possibly correct - though it's hard for people such as myself to be sure because our (my) 7D doesn't exhibit noise problems.

As you say - it's not always user error, but it's equally valid to say it's not always the camera either.

what if i like under exposed images ?

If you like underexposed images then you can make underexposed images. No problem - you wont then need to pull them up a couple of stops will you - otherwise you didn't want to underexpose in the first place. And this would be an example of user error (or, more accurately, poor technique).

why with the 7d i need to be extra carefull with exposure and have other ideal conditions for noise free images , while i can get other cameras in this price range , that kill the 7d when it comes to noise and iq .

Once again - you don't need to be"extra careful". You do, however, still need to think a bit about what you are doing. The fact is, if you can get within a stop or so of the correct exposure, then you will be fine. If you cant - then you need to work on your skills.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads