not too much $$$ , user friendly software to do photo slide shows

Started Mar 22, 2012 | Discussions
Berghof
Senior MemberPosts: 1,142
Like?
not too much $$$ , user friendly software to do photo slide shows
Mar 22, 2012

I knew I may have to struggle a little bit trying to choose the right photo show application for my new imac. I've made the jump from PC to imac and yes I'm faced with few new challenges but I enjoy some bonuses as well.I'm not surrounded by people who work with computers and so everything I try to accomplish with my new imac is done by hard homework. Sometimes it's easy and other times more difficult. But know I'll get to the chase.

Photo slide show software. On PC I used to work either with Nero or ProShowGold but both of them unfortunately don't run on apple product.

I don't need anything too sophisticated just some basic features and user friendly. A software which will allow me to add music and do few tricks when going from a slide to slide.

Thank you for your help.
--
Berghof G.C.

Tom_N
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,358
Like?
Re: not too much $$$ , user friendly software to do photo slide shows
In reply to Berghof, Mar 22, 2012

Have you tried using the slide show features in iPhoto? (Or iMovie, or, if Apple still ships it, iDVD)?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Berghof
Like?
imovie ? OK, I'll check it out
In reply to Tom_N, Mar 22, 2012

I quickly looked at imovie, I'm not sure I can add musis or change the interchanges effects, I need to study imovie , thank you for your tip though
--
Berghof G.C.

Najinsky
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,597
Like?
Re: imovie ? OK, I'll check it out

Berghof wrote:

I quickly looked at imovie, I'm not sure I can add musis or change the interchanges effects, I need to study imovie , thank you for your tip though

This link will show you how:

http://bit.ly/GJvOkB

-Najinksy

Berghof
Like?
it looks good, great and what about free version of imovie HD?
In reply to Najinsky, Mar 22, 2012

thanks, I'm starting to like imovie, do you as well know by any chance of a safe place to download imovie hd version?
--
Berghof G.C.

Najinsky
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,597
Like?
Re: it looks good, great and what about free version of imovie HD?

Berghof wrote:

thanks, I'm starting to like imovie, do you as well know by any chance of a safe place to download imovie hd version?

It depends on what you're looking for. It's not a HD version of the current iMovie.

First there was iMovie, then iMovie HD, with HD video support, then the new iMovie with the HD tag dropped but still with support for HD video.

With the new iMovie, with a completely different interface, and initally a reduced feature set, some people didn't like it so Apple allowed them to download the old iMovie HD.

But the current iMovie has now had many more features added, and unless you have a good reason for going back to the old iMovie HD, I stick with current iMovie.

I probably have a link to the old download I can try to find for you, but no idea if the is still available.

-Najinsky

MtnGoatJoe
Regular MemberPosts: 301
Like?
Re: imovie ? OK, I'll check it out
In reply to Berghof, Mar 23, 2012

Berghof wrote:

--
Berghof G.C.

iPhoto is probably the easiest way to do slideshows. Unless you really need to put them on a DVD, iMovie is overkill in most situations. If you're creating a DVD just for playing the slideshow on your HDTV, just get AppleTV for $100.

Also, there are some very nice tutorials on Apple's site: http://www.apple.com/findouthow/photos/

You can also find iMovie tutorials there if you want to go that route.

Berghof
Like?
Najinsky thanks, I really appreciate your great advice
In reply to Najinsky, Mar 23, 2012

so before I start to search for the older free version of imovie HD I want to say thanks Najinsky, I can't belive apple would offer it free even to those users that didn't previously purchase any version of imovie
--
Berghof G.C.

Berghof
Like?
thanks MNTGOATJOE
In reply to MtnGoatJoe, Mar 24, 2012

thank you Joe, you are very kind
--
Berghof G.C.

Peter Rongsted
Senior MemberPosts: 1,641Gear list
Like?
FotoMagico
In reply to Berghof, Mar 24, 2012

Take a look at FotoMagico: http://boinx.com/fotomagico/overview/

They have a free trial on the site.

Peter

Peter Rongsted's gear list:Peter Rongsted's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D70 Nikon D1X Nikon D700 Olympus E-500 +35 more
Berghof
Like?
trial version of FotoMagico
In reply to Peter Rongsted, Mar 24, 2012

Have you by any chance tested the trial version, is it full version with time limitation or is it just partially functioning fotomagico?

-- hide signature --

I don't want to download it yet so I can get eventually the advantage of the full time offer , my project isn't ready yet.Thanks.

Berghof G.C.

Peter Rongsted
Senior MemberPosts: 1,641Gear list
Like?
Re: trial version of FotoMagico
In reply to Berghof, Mar 24, 2012

Berghof wrote:

Have you by any chance tested the trial version, is it full version with time limitation or is it just partially functioning fotomagico?

-- hide signature --

I don't want to download it yet so I can get eventually the advantage of the full time offer , my project isn't ready yet.Thanks.

Yes I have, but a long time ago (2-3 years I think). Back it was the full version but with a very limited time span - a week or so.

BTW you can get it in the Mac App Store. They also have a simpler (cheaper) app called PhotoPresenter.

Peter

Peter Rongsted's gear list:Peter Rongsted's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D70 Nikon D1X Nikon D700 Olympus E-500 +35 more
Berghof
Like?
thanks Peter
In reply to Peter Rongsted, Mar 25, 2012
-- hide signature --

Berghof G.C.