365+1 Days of NEX-7

Started Mar 19, 2012 | Discussions
dquangt
Contributing MemberPosts: 703
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 20, 2012

just wanted to say that i still love checking for your update every day. admittedly i don't always read the story behind them, your photos are very good stuff and very inspirational. i really do hope that you are able to keep it up and complete the whole year.

i really like this recent one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7metersundersea/6946489988/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to dquangt, Apr 20, 2012

thanks a lot for your kind comment!

I'm glad that you like to come and check on my daily shot

dquangt wrote:

just wanted to say that i still love checking for your update every day. admittedly i don't always read the story behind them, your photos are very good stuff and very inspirational. i really do hope that you are able to keep it up and complete the whole year.

i really like this recent one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7metersundersea/6946489988/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chiuki
Regular MemberPosts: 216Gear list
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 20, 2012

Luca!

thanks for posting every day. I can see that the majority opinion is winning, and you are getting the attention that you so very much deserve.

I read the blog post every day and always check for your post here as well (even if I don't always post a response), and if i don't see it, I start to go into withdrawal.

I loved the story of the train platform. That was excellently worded. Bravo.

Can't wait to see where you will take us next.

-- hide signature --

Chiuki Amsterdam Street Photography
http://www.chiuki.com

 Chiuki's gear list:Chiuki's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
dquangt
Contributing MemberPosts: 703
Like?
your welcome, the blog is definitely bookmarked
In reply to salchi58, Apr 20, 2012

Eventually I will go back and read all the stories I missed too. Very entertaining.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to Chiuki, Apr 21, 2012

Chiuki wrote:

I read the blog post every day and always check for your post here as well (even if I don't always post a response), and if i don't see it, I start to go into withdrawal.

no need to go into withdrawal, I won't leave you before the end of the project

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 21, 2012

daily pic, Mr. Striped Bunny is back with his suicidal attempts. Today he shows us why it's important to tell the difference between a jacuzzi and a washer.

a little story: http://366nex.blogspot.it/2012/04/693651.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
thincrust88
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 21, 2012

I am a new lurker of this post, and I have since commented once on here and just a few mins ago, on your Facebook post. Again, keep 'em coming!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to thincrust88, Apr 21, 2012

cheers! I read your comment on my facebook page, thanks!
i'll keep 'em coming, no worries

thincrust88 wrote:

I am a new lurker of this post, and I have since commented once on here and just a few mins ago, on your Facebook post. Again, keep 'em coming!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 22, 2012

I'm breathing the fresh air of Spring in a clear evening in Rome. Looking out of the window. I grab the tripod, my big tele-zoom, and I shoot the Volkswagen Beetle which is parked in front of our building. It's always there at night. I always thought about shooting it. Tonight is its night.

the whole story: http://366nex.blogspot.it/2012/04/703651.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
wll
wll
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,820
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 22, 2012

It looks so alone !

wll

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mkdafne
Regular MemberPosts: 402
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 22, 2012

Hi Luca,

I ran into your fantastic blog a couple of days ago, and I have looked through all of your photos. I'm definitely a fan. You have great ability. I noticed that you use the Voitlander 35mm. I'm thinking about picking one up for myself. How does the lens feel on the nex and what kind of adapter are you using? Thanks ahead of time for any input!!!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to mkdafne, Apr 23, 2012

Hi mkdafne,
thanks for you kind comment, I'glad you're enjoying my shots and the blog.

the color-skopar 35mm feels fantastic on the NEX-7, it is so compact and quick to focus. I use it with a random chinese adapter bought from ebay. It just has some issues with colors and definition at the borders when used at total aperture. But given the superb IQ and its pancake size and weight I can totally live with its flaws. And it's (relatively) cheap too!

mkdafne wrote:

Hi Luca,

I ran into your fantastic blog a couple of days ago, and I have looked through all of your photos. I'm definitely a fan. You have great ability. I noticed that you use the Voitlander 35mm. I'm thinking about picking one up for myself. How does the lens feel on the nex and what kind of adapter are you using? Thanks ahead of time for any input!!!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 23, 2012

stone stairway, shadow of a fence, bw. the neighborhood is Monteverde, on the hill behind Trastevere.

here's the story: http://366nex.blogspot.it/2012/04/713651.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 24, 2012

Santa Maria in Trastevere, one of the most beautiful churches of Rome, my favorite for sure. We're going to shoot a wedding here in a few weeks.

http://366nex.blogspot.it/2012/04/723651.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
wwwOKCOMEONcom
Regular MemberPosts: 426
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 24, 2012

I hope u can state the exposure and lens details

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to wwwOKCOMEONcom, Apr 24, 2012

All the details are always reported for each shot in the blog.
For this shot I used:
Lens: Voigtlander color-skopar 35mm f2.5
Camera: NEX-7, ISO1600, f3.5, 1/30, raw
cheers!

http://wwwOKCOMEONcom wrote:

I hope u can state the exposure and lens details

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mkdafne
Regular MemberPosts: 402
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 25, 2012

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. I may have to give the combo a try. Keep up the great work !!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 25, 2012

Daily pic, view from my roof of the soccer fields in a stormy dusk. Shot with the Voigtlander 35mm

the story is here: http://366nex.blogspot.it/2012/04/733651.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 26, 2012

I'm sorry if I'm late, I had a complicated morning, nothing serious, just tons of crap at work.

The daily shot is dedicated to this girl. She had us shooting at her wedding, two years ago, and then called us back when she's got pregnant to ask for some portraits of "her belly"

So we spent the day in a nice park in Rome, I used my FF a900 with the minolta 85mm f1.4, but I "stealed" a few shots with the NEX-7 and the voigtlander 35mm here and there. This is my favourite one. We were close to the end of the shooting, she was tired and meditative. She was somewhere else, with the baby to come.

here's the story: http://366nex.blogspot.it/2012/04/743651.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
salchi58
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: 365+1 Days of NEX-7
In reply to salchi58, Apr 27, 2012

Hyper-zombie day, Agata is teething and me is no sleeping. Me is hungry. Can me eat film? Only film in the fridge...

here's the story: http://366nex.blogspot.it/2012/04/753651.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads