85/1.4 at the Zoo

Started Mar 18, 2012 | Discussions
_Carter_
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
85/1.4 at the Zoo
Mar 18, 2012

I finally gave up waiting and waiting for Samsung lenses to be in stock at retailers, and I grabbed the 85/1.4 and 60/2.8 from a Korean ebay store We took advantage of the beautiful weather and went to the Denver Zoo, so I had a chance to try out the 85, and so far I'm really enjoying the lens! Take care, Steve

-- hide signature --

Troutguy
Regular MemberPosts: 215Gear list
Like?
Re: 85/1.4 at the Zoo
In reply to _Carter_, Mar 18, 2012

thanks for posting. Im interested in this lens and the 60

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Alexramos
Senior MemberPosts: 1,555
Like?
In reply to Troutguy, Mar 18, 2012

Nice picture!!!
How did you get the 85mm from Korea?
I am thinking to get one there...

-- hide signature --

no RAW and no Edition... if is possible...

simontramper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,423Gear list
Like?
In reply to Alexramos, Mar 18, 2012

Great shots would love this lens but to expensive for me ,keep the photos coming not enough people post them on here .

simontramper's gear list:simontramper's gear list
Samsung NX200 Samsung Galaxy NX Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +9 more
_Carter_
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
In reply to Alexramos, Mar 18, 2012

Hi Alex, you'll have to go onto ebay to grab one, but I received it in less than a week. Both the 85 and 60 I got were brand new from an ebay store (goodtrader0301).

Take care,
Steve

-- hide signature --

thethirdcoast
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Like?

Just stopping to say that I also had a pleasant experience with goodtrader0301 when he shipped my 20/2.8 lens from Korea.

thethirdcoast's gear list:thethirdcoast's gear list
Samsung TL500 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D5100 Sony SLT-A77 +14 more
jeffsvisions
Senior MemberPosts: 1,153Gear list
Like?

great photos. Lens looks to be really good would love to have one. But I can't seem to justify spend the money until I feel that Samsung is really serous about the camera business
--
The best picture is the one you take.
Jeff

jeffsvisions's gear list:jeffsvisions's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1
VeijoM
Contributing MemberPosts: 513
Like?
In reply to jeffsvisions, Mar 18, 2012

jeffsvisions wrote:

great photos. Lens looks to be really good would love to have one. But I can't seem to justify spend the money until I feel that Samsung is really serous about the camera business

True, at the moment. I find it sad that that expensive lens doesn't have reselling value almost at all (at least in my country, but guess it is not much better anywhere except S.Korea ). It really is up to IQ of the best such lenses from other brands.

But life is too short. You just have to make decisions and live with them. I have that 60mm lens, and don't regret one second even though I know it doesn't have reselling value, but it has A LOT of photographic value.

And, such lenses would not exist if Samsung would take the business lightly. Delay is a delay, that happens with other brands too. But it doesn't happen in one or two years that Samsung gear gains "reselling value" that is on par with competition even if they now would announce the worlds best camera, or like in reality, would announce good competitive cameras and show strong dedication for the NX line.

-Veijo-

-- hide signature --

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time... Eccl. 3:11

Ariston
Senior MemberPosts: 2,401
Like?
In reply to jeffsvisions, Mar 18, 2012

jeffsvisions wrote:

--
Jeff

I'm not sure what you meant about Samsung being serious. if you meant the delay of the NX20 is holding you back, then your wariness is warranted. other than that or if ever Samsung finally releases the NX20, I don't see any reason why one would still suspect Samsung's dedication. on the otherhand, Sony is no better with their NEX as well due to lack of lenses.

jeffsvisions
Senior MemberPosts: 1,153Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ariston, Mar 18, 2012

Don't get me wrong I love my nx100. That being said I have to see what the next 1 or 2 cameras bring before I would lay out a few thousand dollars on any added equipment or lens.
--
Jeff

jeffsvisions's gear list:jeffsvisions's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads