Slightly larger than the NX11
20.3MP APS-C size CMOS sensor
Built-in Wi-Fi for direct image upload
Improved speed and ISO
ISO range: 100-12800
8fps
max shutter speed: 1/6000
i-Function 2.0
1080p Full HD video capability (separate video recording button)
3.0-inch VGA AMOLED screen tilt
Built-in flash and electronic viewfinder

http://photorumors.com/2012/03/15/this-is-the-samsung-nx20-mirrorless-camera/

hope this is true~

Ihlkyu's gear list:Ihlkyu's gear list
Nikon Coolpix L1 Canon EOS 400D Samsung GX-1L Samsung GX-10 Samsung NX100 +16 more
Samsung NX11 Samsung NX20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
AndricD
Regular MemberPosts: 231Gear list
Like?
Re: nx20?
In reply to Ihlkyu, Mar 16, 2012

seems realistic enough. Hope its announced/released soon.

AndricD's gear list:AndricD's gear list
Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 ED OIS Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
whtchocla7e
Contributing MemberPosts: 927Gear list
Like?

Looks like a nice "DSLR" camera.

The whole reason I bought into a mirrorless system was to escape those ugly beasts.. lol :/

kona_moon
Regular MemberPosts: 183
Like?

How long is the upload time of a full size RAW image file via WiFi?

cmeier
Forum MemberPosts: 94Gear list
Like?
In reply to whtchocla7e, Mar 16, 2012

whtchocla7e wrote:

The whole reason I bought into a mirrorless system was to escape those ugly beasts.. lol :/

My thoughts exactly. Then again, this is the sucessor to the NX 5/10/11... all mini-DSLR-styled cameras.

I'll just keep shooting with my NX100, till either samsung introduces a sucessor worth upgrading or somebody else does, in the latter case I'll jump ship. Pentax almost did it with the K-01 (I mostly use manual pentax lenses), but no EVF option

Anyways, great news if this is a real product. Would mean Samsung is still interested in the NX line.

cmeier's gear list:cmeier's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Samsung D-Xenon 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 +1 more
paulhome
Contributing MemberPosts: 833Gear list
Like?

looks good. spec sounds nice, i felt the nx200 was a bit over priced. So if they get the pricing right this could be a winner

cmeier
Forum MemberPosts: 94Gear list
Like?
In reply to kona_moon, Mar 16, 2012

kona_moon wrote:

How long is the upload time of a full size RAW image file via WiFi?

The practical speed of WiFi networks is around 4 or 5 MB/s.
Uncompressed 20 MP Raws should be around 30 to 35 MB, I believe.

So, hopefully less than 10s

cmeier's gear list:cmeier's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Samsung D-Xenon 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 +1 more
maple
Senior MemberPosts: 2,726
Like?

EVF is a big deal, yet its specs are, dubiously, missing. Poor EVF is the biggest letdown of NX10/11, imho. They’d better give the new NX a decent one.
--
Maple

Alexramos
Senior MemberPosts: 1,577
Like?
In reply to maple, Mar 16, 2012

I really like what I see and two things are interesting.
-a little thicker grip
-a little thicker body

Only I am waiting to confirm that body is a little bigger than NX10/11 and the EVF is really good, I will be one of the owner of that camera...
I that way the new big lenses would make sense.
--
no RAW and no Edition... if is possible...

viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,552Gear list
Like?

whtchocla7e wrote:

And that is why they have the NX200.

I much prefer the style of the NX11 to the NX200 (I have both), especially with the larger lenses (85mm f/1.4, 60mm f/2.8, etc).

I like the NX200 too, but the grip is too small making it awkward to hold with the larger lenses attached.

A lot of people like the look of the Sony NEX cameras for the reason they don't look like SLR cameras, but I personally think they are a bit ugly. A larger lens just looks better with a prism housing that extends above the height of the lens. I really like the NEX cameras with the small range finder lenses, but with the huge zooms they are pretty crazy and unwieldy.

Edit: The bottom line is the NX11 is borderline too small for the 85mm f/1.4, and a slightly larger NX20 would be really nice for that lens and some of the other lenses they had on the rumored road map. The whole reason of having both the NX200 and NX20 series is that people could choose between the two, compact slender body without the typical camera features and a nice body to balance the larger lenses and appeal to DSLR users more (remember, a lot of people actually like the look of the DSLR and want people to think they have one).

Eric
--
I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)

See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Tech Talk Tony
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?

pretty sad design-wise if this is in fact what is to look like. I overcame that ugliness with the NX10, but, can I do it again? Maybe. If it has a kick a** viewfinder and that articulating LCD.

I am tuned in for more info...
--
Tony

Ariston
Senior MemberPosts: 2,401
Like?

if the picture is truly is the NX20, I'm quite disappointed about retaining the hump. it's the only thing that made the camera less desirable.

SteveNunez
Contributing MemberPosts: 505
Like?
In reply to Ariston, Mar 16, 2012

I hope they enable live hdmi out for external monitors!
--
Steve Nunez~New York City
http://www.stevenunez.com
Oly EPL1, Pan GX1, Samsung NX11, Pentax Q...

viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,552Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ariston, Mar 16, 2012

Ariston wrote:

if the picture is truly is the NX20, I'm quite disappointed about retaining the hump. it's the only thing that made the camera less desirable.

See, I actually like the hump, the shape of it mirrors the shape of the lens. What I don't like about the NX200 is the flat top, it doesn't look like a camera. Thankfully, they make both so they appeal to multiple people

Eric
--
I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)

See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Troutguy
Regular MemberPosts: 222Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Mar 16, 2012

couple more pics on Korean site

snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?
In reply to Troutguy, Mar 16, 2012

What's hysterical is what the utility of the wifi will be. SRW files are ludicrously large and jpegs OOC are likely not going to be much nicer than the ones from the NX200. Not to mention slow hardware. I'm going to enjoy seeing what they've messed up here. I'm thinking battery life will take a huge hit, too. There's going to be something dumb, such as them saying that we should plug the cam in during WIFI transfer because of accelerated energy consumption when using the WIFI.

jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
In reply to snake_b, Mar 16, 2012

snake_b wrote:

What's hysterical is what the utility of the wifi will be. SRW files are ludicrously large and jpegs OOC are likely not going to be much nicer than the ones from the NX200. Not to mention slow hardware. I'm going to enjoy seeing what they've messed up here. I'm thinking battery life will take a huge hit, too. There's going to be something dumb, such as them saying that we should plug the cam in during WIFI transfer because of accelerated energy consumption when using the WIFI.

and what are you basing these assumptions off of? actual facts or just your own ludicrous and perpetual hate for samsung?

Thomas Wieser
Contributing MemberPosts: 701Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Mar 16, 2012

viking79 wrote:

whtchocla7e wrote:

And that is why they have the NX200.

I much prefer the style of the NX11 to the NX200 (I have both), especially with the larger lenses (85mm f/1.4, 60mm f/2.8, etc).

I like the NX200 too, but the grip is too small making it awkward to hold with the larger lenses attached.

A lot of people like the look of the Sony NEX cameras for the reason they don't look like SLR cameras, but I personally think they are a bit ugly. A larger lens just looks better with a prism housing that extends above the height of the lens. I really like the NEX cameras with the small range finder lenses, but with the huge zooms they are pretty crazy and unwieldy.

Edit: The bottom line is the NX11 is borderline too small for the 85mm f/1.4, and a slightly larger NX20 would be really nice for that lens and some of the other lenses they had on the rumored road map. The whole reason of having both the NX200 and NX20 series is that people could choose between the two, compact slender body without the typical camera features and a nice body to balance the larger lenses and appeal to DSLR users more (remember, a lot of people actually like the look of the DSLR and want people to think they have one).

Eric

Eric, I think exactly the same. While I sometimes take pictures with NX100, I much prefer my NX10/11 and still have not bought the NX200 despite its capability of producing excellent picture quality. It really is great that there is the choice, it is horses for courses.
Thomas

Thomas Wieser's gear list:Thomas Wieser's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Samsung NX10 Samsung NX11 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +3 more
Thomas Wieser
Contributing MemberPosts: 701Gear list
Like?
That is what I had hoped for!
In reply to jj74e, Mar 16, 2012

Now that is exactly what I had hoped for! If the specification is true, I will be really happy - that is until they announce the price, I hope they are not overoptimistic!

I like the design very much, nice upgrade from NX10/NX11!

Thomas

Thomas Wieser's gear list:Thomas Wieser's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Samsung NX10 Samsung NX11 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +3 more
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
In reply to SteveNunez, Mar 16, 2012

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with the look. Not sure if the whole Konica-based retro design was just a rumor, but that's not it. First thoughts were that it looks like an deformed NX10, although I guess it looks a bit modern/upscaled compared to the original NX10. I imagine it will be received like the nX10- not the most attractive design, but great ergonomics to compensate.

I'm glad to see that we finally have an articulated screen, and the higher FPS rate/faster max. shutter speed indicates to me that they have improved the hardware, so the buffer problem of the NX200 is probably somewhat alleviated (or hopefully they put back in compressed RAWs like in the NX10/11/100).

The extra buttons and extra dial on the back are a welcome addition, and despite the dislike for the design, they seem to have attempted to preserve the ergonomics of the NX10 that everybody loved while providing a thicker grip.

The fact that they've bothered to inscribe "Full HD" on the camera body indicates that maybe they've improved the video; plus, the side door for connections seems larger, so maybe there are audio monitoring jacks/mic jack input connections or something more than what current NX cameras offer:

http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=samsung_forum&page=1&divpage=37&ss=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=197579

Assuming Samsung was smart and improved the EVF, the battery life is at least as good as the current NX10, the AF performance and write speeds are improved, and they give more NR options (or fixed the massive smearing at higher ISOs), I think this will be a great camera. That's a lot of ifs, but they're all sensible improvements that Samsung hopefully jumped on, unless they wanted to just release the NX200 again but with a built-in EVF. Wi-fi doesn't interest me; I'd rather see that body space be used for something else unless they have smart plans about it other than simple uploading features. Hopefully price is under $1000

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads