NX10 resale value/ability

Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions
Identity
Contributing MemberPosts: 935
Like?
NX10 resale value/ability
Mar 15, 2012

I've been trying to sell my NX10 kit locally, and at a very good price, but I've had absolutely zero interest. I have an NX10 body, 18-55mm, 30mm, and 50-200mm lenses, and I was asking $500 for the whole kit, thinking that a low price like that would attract some interest, and with the camera just sitting around gathering dust, I'd be happy to get at least some return on my investment.

Has anyone else successfully sold their NX kit, or are these cameras just too much of an oddball choice to even make it worth selling? I still enjoy the camera, but I have a D5100 now which I'm basically using full-time.

I could place an ad on the forums here, but I'm hesitant to sell online. Basically I've never done it before and don't want to get scammed!

Nikon D5100 Samsung NX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
paulhome
Contributing MemberPosts: 819Gear list
Like?
Re: NX10 resale value/ability
In reply to Identity, Mar 15, 2012

Identity wrote:

I've been trying to sell my NX10 kit locally, and at a very good price, but I've had absolutely zero interest. I have an NX10 body, 18-55mm, 30mm, and 50-200mm lenses, and I was asking $500 for the whole kit, thinking that a low price like that would attract some interest, and with the camera just sitting around gathering dust, I'd be happy to get at least some return on my investment.

Has anyone else successfully sold their NX kit, or are these cameras just too much of an oddball choice to even make it worth selling? I still enjoy the camera, but I have a D5100 now which I'm basically using full-time.

I could place an ad on the forums here, but I'm hesitant to sell online. Basically I've never done it before and don't want to get scammed!

Price seems fair, why not split it and stick it ebay ?. I think spliting is the way to go, as people dont generally throw themselves into a full system, but the demand for those lenses is high.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?

$500? Aren't you being a slight bit optimistic? It's a buyer's market, especially in the case of Samsung. Part of the problem has to do with how they devalued the value of the products new, and on top of that, the NX10 and 100 are pretty much in short demand compared to supply. You can find them new for peanuts on Fleabay around the world.

Identity wrote:

samuser
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?

Hello there:
How long have you been using this set of equipment?
Are you the first owner?
Do you have the shutter count from the camera?
You have to provide the above info to your potential buyer.

I am living in Toronto and prices of Samsung camera dropping unreasonably.

For instance, 2 weeks ago there was a retail store selling NX100 with kit lens plus 30mm lens for $400.

I have a Samsung prosumer camera which I paid $200 plus tax but the MSRP was $500. I owned this camera for one year. Last year, I tried to sell it online twice but there was no offer at all.

Eigenmeat
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Like?

Where you from? I am interested! I am in California SF Bay Area.
--
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25457298@N04/sets/

Identity
Contributing MemberPosts: 935
Like?
In reply to Eigenmeat, Mar 15, 2012

I'll PM anyone that's interested. Splitting and selling on eBay is another option - I know the 30mm lens is probably the best part of the package, but I'd love to sell it all together just to keep things simple.

jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,632
Like?
In reply to Eigenmeat, Mar 15, 2012

I would have jumped on that deal. The problem is that Samsung-interested users are a bit rare, and the buyer's market for used Samsung cameras are even rarer for the NX10/100 because the price for a new one dropped so low (I got mine for $420, some people can get it for even less, and I see NX100s selling new for about $399, which is crazy cheap considering the sensor, battery, and screen alone compared to its point and shoot competition).

On top of that, the NX10 was a first generation product, so people are tending to look toward the future; it has an old sensor and whatnot and compared with modern competition, people might not be as interested as they would've been even just a year or two ago.

But I would say try selling online- if you are hesitant to sell online, I'm guessing you haven't tried eBay. You will greatly increase your chances there, and if you catch more than one buyer, they might even bid and increase how much you get.

If all else fails and you're not willing to wait, you can probably sell your lenses to a store like bhphotovideo, although I'm not sure about the body (and obviously they might not give you as much money as you might want, but it's worth checking out).

btw, if you're willing to sell it separately, i might be interested in the 50-200mm

SteveNunez
Regular MemberPosts: 457
Like?
In reply to jj74e, Mar 15, 2012

I think because Samsung is not looked upon as a "camera" company (to the general public) or known camera brand- it's not really considered by many buyers- it's almost a niche camera (so to speak.)

I made an offer of $500 to a local guy for the exact same outfit you're selling and he's turned me down and is looking for $800- as far as I know he has not sold it yet.

I don't need the camera but wanted to buy his setup because of the lenses and have a spare body to pass along to my daughter.....wish you were local, I would have bought your outfit!

Good luck......try including pictures with your ad and describe it as a mini DSLR- you can clarify in the ad itself.....people might check it out if they know it looks like a DSLR!
(Don't forget to mention it shoots HD video!)
--
Steve Nunez~New York City
http://www.stevenunez.com
Oly EPL1, Pan GX1, Samsung NX11, Pentax Q...

SteveNunez
Like?
In reply to SteveNunez, Mar 15, 2012

Even though Samsung isn't as popular a camera manufacturer as the others.....the NX200 is sold out at B&H! (as of yesterday!)
--

kennethfong
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
In reply to SteveNunez, Mar 16, 2012

I might b interested on the 30mm ... If u wanna split the package....

Veducci
Contributing MemberPosts: 687Gear list
Like?
In reply to kennethfong, Mar 16, 2012

I don't normally look into camera values until I get interested in a particular model but it appears to me most Samsung cameras are soon heavily discounted after release due to mediocre acceptance and low sales.

Apparently their cameras incorporate some nice features and excell in many ways but in general they are really let down with jpeg quality , high ISO noise, and abnormally huge raw files , especially when compared to the competition. It's understandable why they just aren't up to the competition.

I really enjoy my TL500 at it's $275 price tag . However ,at it's MSRP of $399 , I'd probably be looking at others.

If Samsung held MSRP camera prices firm they might be sitting on the shelves collecting dust.

Tucabert
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?
In reply to Veducci, Mar 16, 2012

Hi,

I might be quite interested in purchasing the 50-200 if you are going to split it.
Albert

Tucabert's gear list:Tucabert's gear list
Pentax K-30 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended +3 more
SteveNunez
Like?
In reply to Tucabert, Mar 16, 2012

It seems as if this is on ebay but with the 30mm missing?
Or perhaps another person with same outfit but with NX11!!
--

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads