panamoz

Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions
Dennis Worrall
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?
panamoz
Mar 5, 2012

Has anyone heard of or ordered from an outfit called Panamoz, ther website looks pretty convincing but i am a bit wary. I am in the u.k. and although thier site shows a union jack symbol there is nowhere that i can see an address, if they are american the lens i wish to buy would be too expensive with delivery costs added plus there could be customs to pay. Dennis Worrall

Bruce Miller
Senior MemberPosts: 2,334
Like?
Re: panamoz
In reply to Dennis Worrall, Mar 6, 2012

The reviews are almost too good to be true:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Panamoz

Dennis Worrall wrote:

Has anyone heard of or ordered from an outfit called Panamoz, ther website looks pretty convincing but i am a bit wary. I am in the u.k. and although thier site shows a union jack symbol there is nowhere that i can see an address, if they are american the lens i wish to buy would be too expensive with delivery costs added plus there could be customs to pay. Dennis Worrall

-- hide signature --

Bruce

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Richard Weisgrau
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,090
Like?

Read this about the Hong Kong seller.

http://www.photography-forum.org/showthread.php/51078-Panamoz-com-my-not-so-good-experience-with-them
--
Richard Weisgrau
http://www.weisgrau.com
Author of
The Real Business of Photography
The Photographer's Guide to Negotiating
Selling Your Photography
Licensing Photography

Deleted1929
Forum ProPosts: 13,050
Like?

there is nowhere that i can see an address

This isn't enough of a warning for you ?

The internet equivalent of buying from a guy standing on a street corner.

Legitimate businesses don't hide their addresses.

-- hide signature --

StephenG

Dennis Worrall
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?
In reply to Deleted1929, Mar 6, 2012

Grateful thanks for all your replies, i will certainly not deal with this seller, and anyone else who reads this post should be suitably warned about this company. Regards, Dennis.

Riz7861
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
In reply to Dennis Worrall, Mar 25, 2012

I'm based in the UK and have bought a Canon G12 and Fuji X100 from Panamoz. Arrived promptly with good communication via email and no problems whatsoever.

TheAlex
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
In reply to Riz7861, Jun 12, 2012

They have a UK and Hong Kong address on their FAQ page:
http://panamoz.com/index.php/faq

TheAlex's gear list:TheAlex's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
JezS
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to TheAlex, Nov 21, 2012

The UK address is just a postal address, no offices..

Geordie1974
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
In reply to Dennis Worrall, Sep 11, 2013

I decided to take a chance on them after reading some reviews from trusted members on a few forums and can confirm they're legit. I bought a Fuji X-E1 with 18-55mm lens for £654.55 using direct bank transfer to get an extra discount (I know, I could have been ripped off, but the reviews were from people I trusted). It was delivered promptly with all import duties paid. A couple of weeks later my lens developed a fault and they paid for it to be sent to be serviced and then when I had to drive a 200 mile round trip to visit the service centre because i was disputing what Fuji were saying about the lens, Panamoz also paid for my petrol. They said they'd replace the lens if it turned out to be dead and given the service I received, the prompt and professional communication - I believe them. The lens ended up having new elements and motor put into it and is working as expected now. The camera and lens came with a 2 year Panamoz warrantee so I'm not concerned about what will happen if it develops a fault again. I've only read one bad review on line and even there the bloke got his money back - it just took longer than he wanted.

I'm putting this review out and about in the hope it helps their business so I can keep buying from them in the future!

ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,831Gear list
Like?
In reply to Geordie1974, Sep 11, 2013

Geordie1974 wrote:

I decided to take a chance on them after reading some reviews from trusted members on a few forums and can confirm they're legit. I bought a Fuji X-E1 with 18-55mm lens for £654.55 using direct bank transfer to get an extra discount (I know, I could have been ripped off, but the reviews were from people I trusted). It was delivered promptly with all import duties paid. A couple of weeks later my lens developed a fault and they paid for it to be sent to be serviced and then when I had to drive a 200 mile round trip to visit the service centre because i was disputing what Fuji were saying about the lens, Panamoz also paid for my petrol. They said they'd replace the lens if it turned out to be dead and given the service I received, the prompt and professional communication - I believe them. The lens ended up having new elements and motor put into it and is working as expected now. The camera and lens came with a 2 year Panamoz warrantee so I'm not concerned about what will happen if it develops a fault again. I've only read one bad review on line and even there the bloke got his money back - it just took longer than he wanted.

I'm putting this review out and about in the hope it helps their business so I can keep buying from them in the future!

The original query ia bit late now , but I am still ready to agree what has been written above here by the last poster - I bought from Paramoz , just about exactly 12 months ago now, a brand new Sony RX-100 when prices in UK were pretty high everywhere..  they quoted it at quite a fair amount lower and did give their usual promise etc of quick delivery and return guaranteed in case of failure or dissatisfaction. I knew it was going to be a Far East Import but all went exactly as they proposed.. I had it within about 4 days..it was boxed as new in every way..AND it was an MIJ model (when at the time a lot were complaining that they had Made in China models and many faults were showing up. Mine is fine and dandy to this day and I have had no need to complain at all. If anyone sees that they have an item they want.. AND it is quoted at a good competitive price .. then at least give them some thought.

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

samc411
Like?
In reply to ericN2, 11 months ago

just posting my own experience in case it helps others.

I've placed 2 orders with panamoz, one for a 6D body, one for a canon 24-70 f2.8 L mkii. Both were tracked throughout, dispatched rapidly, arrived within a week and are in perfect condition. My only criticism is that the 6D arrived with language set to chinese - not a major issue to cross reference menu settings and amend it.

Overall, very happy. Saved myself enough money that even if the warranty isn't honoured I could pay repair costs and still come out ahead. I'm currently saving to buy a 50mm 1.2L from them.

hotchilli99
Like?
In reply to Richard Weisgrau, 9 months ago

Just want to give my experience which is entirely positive.

Ordered a Sony RX10 last Monday and went for the bank transfer to save £40.  A camera that has just been launched with RRP of £995 and I paid £760!

Got any email on Tuesday with my tracking information and the camera was delivered by UPS on Thursday.  Yes, it came from Hong Kong, but I really don;t care.

Because I was worried about the payment method I chased them a couple of times via email and both times got a polite and informative response within 30 minutes.

On my experience - I CAN'T FAULT THEM

Grandadat41
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
In reply to hotchilli99, 4 months ago

Hi,

I have just bought a sony a7r from Panamoz, great price and delivered in 4 days.

Only problem is the camera menu is in Japanese and it CANNOT be changed.....

Not a question I thought of asking.....sneeky of Sony !!!

Just waiting to see Panamoz's response.

robandcamera
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
In reply to Grandadat41, 4 months ago

Just a bump for these guys. Fantastic service and no extra charges.

I cautiously ordered an RX1r On Tuesday. Just under 24hrs later I got UPS tracking details through saying it would be deleivered end of day Friday (today).

It turned up at 8am at work! All boxed and new, they even included a plug adapator. No extra charges due. So from order, to having the camera, was only about 60 hours!

The language was in Japense (or similar). Reading the manual online I was able to change the language and then select reset and the camera rebooted allowing me to setup the date and time etc.

The person above that just bought the A7, are you sure you can't change the language? The manual says you can in the same was as I did with the RX1r.

I'm over the moon, and will certainly use these guys again if I need new kit.

Grandadat41
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
In reply to Grandadat41, 4 months ago

Panamoz came back with the solution and within minutes it was in English.

The number of people on various sites said it was a Japanese version and could NOT be changed.

just goes to show what a load of crap some people state without knowing the facts.

Panamoz are tops with me...great service, great price.

me happy bunny, I was a bit Grrrrr before. 😋

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads