Boyfriend & Girlfriend helping each other out?

Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions
Jan2009
Regular MemberPosts: 461Gear list
Like?
Boyfriend & Girlfriend helping each other out?
Mar 5, 2012

I just can't help but notice the extra 5 star votes on both if not most of Jason Chu aka TheInfinityPoint and Laurie711's images, but mostly on the former.

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=6048&View=Results&Rows=4

So the pattern goes with the challenge "Where I sleep challenge", where this InfinityPoint shows off Laurie sleeping; oh by the way Laurie is now the fiancee'. Well all the best to your relationship then.

How to find out? Google Jason Chu hawaii, you will see the winner of Oahu Hawaii challenge:
1st - Laurie711
2nd- TheInfinityPoint
3rd- TheInfinityPoint

What's common? 5 star votes... and oh No sandbaggers on their photo, while the rest off the entries are generously given 2-3 0.5 or 1.0 stars. There are atleast 3 more account I suspect being used. I've asked some of the Challenge host to help me in my investigation.

Jan2009's gear list:Jan2009's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +2 more
Jan2009
Like?
Re: Boyfriend & Girlfriend helping each other out?
In reply to Jan2009, Mar 5, 2012

Sorry, the challenge was Waikiki Beach Honolulu Hawaii not Oahu, nevertheless the link was correct.

Furher investigation shows, TheInifiniyPoint changed the EXIF data to assume the shot was taken from Canon A520, but in Google images, same shot shows it was taken from Nikon D5000

+++++++ From Challenge:
Camera: Canon PowerShot A520
Taken: Thursday, 10th March, 2011
Focal length: 7.81 mm
Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
Aperture: F4
ISO: 3
View this photo in Laurie711's gallery

+++++++
And the sun is gone, some crepuscular rays are visible.
picasaweb.google.com
Full-size image 1600 × 1063 (6x larger), 762KB
Date: Mar 10, 2011
Camera: Nikon D5000
Settings: 1/160s, f/5, ISO 100
Focal length: 50mm (75mm for 35mm film)
Flash usage: No flash
Exposure bias: 0.7 EV
Keywords: Hawaii Oahu family

Google search Jason Chu Hawaii and see the image.

Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ConanFuji
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,206Gear list
Like?

There's nothing you can do.
You'll just have to wait till they split up.
Then they'll start piling on 0.5 star votes for each other.
Karma's a Beeeaacch.

Jan2009 wrote:

Sorry, the challenge was Waikiki Beach Honolulu Hawaii not Oahu, nevertheless the link was correct.

Furher investigation shows, TheInifiniyPoint changed the EXIF data to assume the shot was taken from Canon A520, but in Google images, same shot shows it was taken from Nikon D5000

+++++++ From Challenge:
Camera: Canon PowerShot A520
Taken: Thursday, 10th March, 2011
Focal length: 7.81 mm
Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
Aperture: F4
ISO: 3
View this photo in Laurie711's gallery

+++++++
And the sun is gone, some crepuscular rays are visible.
picasaweb.google.com
Full-size image 1600 × 1063 (6x larger), 762KB
Date: Mar 10, 2011
Camera: Nikon D5000
Settings: 1/160s, f/5, ISO 100
Focal length: 50mm (75mm for 35mm film)
Flash usage: No flash
Exposure bias: 0.7 EV
Keywords: Hawaii Oahu family

Google search Jason Chu Hawaii and see the image.

ConanFuji's gear list:ConanFuji's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F500 EXR Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha NEX-5
boar
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?

I must admit that all these cheats are disgusting!

...These things are offensive for those who believe in photography as an expression of art...

If DPR doesn't take measures to stop these people,all the good photographers will disappear...And the more important site of photography will become crap in a short time.

Dear Jan,this morning,when i saw the result of that challenge(Where I sleep),I became angry once again...But I'm happy cause I'm not the only one

Deleted pending purge
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
In reply to boar, Mar 5, 2012

Until it becomes possible to retaliate with "BANNED FROM THIS CHALLENGE / SERIES BECAUSE OF CHEATING", the people are going to prove how Crime Does Pay although the whole of the World's regulative systems try in vain to prove otherwise.

It's a sorry state of affairs. This problem should somehow move up on the DPR list of changes, or this will become just another failed-good-intention-site...
--
Fil

christian jacob
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
In reply to ConanFuji, Mar 5, 2012

Wouldn't be the best response to write a comment under the conspicuous picture?

This way, everyone who clicks on the "winner" can also read that, which may discourage the cheaters, at least shame them.

Venting on this forum doesn't stop them.

Jan2009
Like?
In reply to christian jacob, Mar 5, 2012

Done!

Message also sent in to DPR admin.

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=586377&View=Results&Rows=4

Now we need supporters.

Mike Ronesia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,553Gear list
Like?

Jan2009 wrote:

Done!

Now we need supporters.

Very discouraging. I think tagging the photo like you did is about all you can do. I have found many such manipulations, but only one seems to have affected the outcome in my challenges. I might have missed something though. Easy to do with the system the way it is.

I have also PM'ed DPR admin with results that showed cheating and asked them to look into it. I think they have bigger problems for their limited headcount to deal with.

I do think calling people out makes a difference so I think we should all keep it up. I'm not one to convict someone on iffy evidence but some of this stuff is cut and dry and those people need to be called on it.

-- hide signature --

It's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
RaptorUK
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266Gear list
Like?
In reply to Mike Ronesia, Mar 5, 2012

Mike Ronesia wrote:

Jan2009 wrote:

Done!

Now we need supporters.

Very discouraging. I think tagging the photo like you did is about all you can do. I have found many such manipulations, but only one seems to have affected the outcome in my challenges. I might have missed something though. Easy to do with the system the way it is.

I have also PM'ed DPR admin with results that showed cheating and asked them to look into it. I think they have bigger problems for their limited headcount to deal with.

I do think calling people out makes a difference so I think we should all keep it up. I'm not one to convict someone on iffy evidence but some of this stuff is cut and dry and those people need to be called on it.

I currently have about the same interest in this subject as DPR do . . . I have tried, but not anymore.

-- hide signature --

It's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
happy snapper uk
Contributing MemberPosts: 563Gear list
Like?
In reply to RaptorUK, Mar 5, 2012

Im not sure that voting for your boyfriends photo is against the rules..Maybe il get a gf as my wife never votes

happy snapper uk's gear list:happy snapper uk's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Fujifilm X10 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +3 more
Jan2009
Like?
Hosts please send me link to your suspected members
In reply to happy snapper uk, Mar 5, 2012

.. I will find time to investigate.

While voting 5 star to the one you love is fine (but dilutional), voting down the rest of the entries is corrupted.

Let us keep an eye on this members. Their silence can prove guilt, unless they object so.

They lose credibility, so maybe its a good thing to post that they are a cheat on the comment list below their photo, so that they could not post a link to their facebook friends.

exp1orer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,813
Like?
i suspect fraud on this guy...

...most of his entries have 4 x 5.0 sandbagging while the winning or challenger entries where he has an entry have 4 x0.5 votes sandbagging too.

Jan2009 wrote:

I just can't help but notice the extra 5 star votes on both if not most of Jason Chu aka TheInfinityPoint and Laurie711's images, but mostly on the former.

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=6048&View=Results&Rows=4

So the pattern goes with the challenge "Where I sleep challenge", where this InfinityPoint shows off Laurie sleeping; oh by the way Laurie is now the fiancee'. Well all the best to your relationship then.

How to find out? Google Jason Chu hawaii, you will see the winner of Oahu Hawaii challenge:
1st - Laurie711
2nd- TheInfinityPoint
3rd- TheInfinityPoint

What's common? 5 star votes... and oh No sandbaggers on their photo, while the rest off the entries are generously given 2-3 0.5 or 1.0 stars. There are atleast 3 more account I suspect being used. I've asked some of the Challenge host to help me in my investigation.

-- hide signature --
Paulo Matos
Contributing MemberPosts: 532Gear list
Like?
In reply to RaptorUK, Mar 5, 2012

RaptorUK wrote:

Mike Ronesia wrote:

Jan2009 wrote:

Done!

Now we need supporters.

I currently have about the same interest in this subject as DPR do . . . I have tried, but not anymore.

Ditto!

Still waiting for the promised changes, though...

Paulo Matos's gear list:Paulo Matos's gear list
Canon EOS 350D Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC
mirrorrorrim
Regular MemberPosts: 174
Like?

I was wondering how such an over-exposed and contrived image could get 2nd place, now I know.

Jan2009 wrote:

Done!

Now we need supporters.

exp1orer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,813
Like?
dig deeper...
In reply to mirrorrorrim, Mar 6, 2012

...look at the boyfirend's profile and his entries to challenges and you'll start to wonder more.

mirrorrorrim wrote:

I was wondering how such an over-exposed and contrived image could get 2nd place, now I know.

Jan2009 wrote:

Done!

Now we need supporters.

-- hide signature --
Jan2009
Like?

I think they deserve each other if they both agree to cheat on a photo contest that doesn't win them anything. It was a terrible shot by the way, that is why Jason Chu had to CHEAT!

onlooker
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,809Gear list
Like?
Just look here
In reply to Jan2009, Mar 6, 2012

Just look here: http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=4121 and check voting patterns on the first three photos, and you will know everything.

Then look at the first four here: http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=6049 and check the voting patterns.

And on, and on, and on...

boar
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?

This is the content of a private message i wrote yesterday to a friend

Ciao Zio Chuck
...This morning,when I arrived at office,I had a great surprise

Your precious comment on my tattooes...But after few minutes,when i noticed yet another challenge with cheats,i became mad!...Why...Why people has to be so silly!!??...Beside this,the photo made by TheInfinityPoint is very mediocre...But that guy doesn't feel embarassed!?...But he believes that all the people here are stupid!?...He's truly BEEEEEP...Now I'm writing a beautifull comment on his entry(because users have to know that he is a jerk) and then i'll read carefully your comments about my photos

That guy has serious problems like all the cheaters here!

TheInfinityPoint
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jan2009, Mar 6, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I don't know why you all have a problem with the photos I submit. I have friends and family on here who enjoy seeing my work, and it's not up to me what they vote. None of you are entitled to question their opinions. I'm sorry if any of you feel that there's anything more to it than that. I think it's funny the person who though I "changed" my camera exif data - that made me laugh. If I were to change my exif data, I'd at least use a comparable camera.

mirrorrorrim, that is called high-key portraiture.

Thank you ConanFuji and Jan2009, I have a very loving soon-to-be wife.

TheInfinityPoint's gear list:TheInfinityPoint's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +4 more
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,424Gear list
Like?
In reply to TheInfinityPoint, Mar 6, 2012

TheInfinityPoint wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I don't know why you all have a problem with the photos I submit.

I don't think people have a problem with the photos you submit. I think the complaint is about the voting.

I have friends and family on here who enjoy seeing my work, and it's not up to me what they vote.

Given that it seems they vote continual 5.0s for your stuff, do you think they believe your work to be outstanding and always the best of any challenge you enter? Obviously you "run" by a different set of morals than a lot of us here use. For example, I would never want to win because of my friends and family--that doesn't show I'm a good/great photographer...that just shows I have more friends and family than the other photographers. Why wouldn't you have the same preference? Or does getting false wins (and finishes) boost your ego despite the "questionable" voting?

And if, in the process of seeing you to a "friendship/family win" (as opposed to winning in a more honest and competitive way) they vote .5s on other entries, that's quite a bit more dishonest than just voting 5.0s for you alone.

None of you are entitled to question their opinions.

Well...smiling...I think we can all "question" their opinions (we just can't do anything about it)

I'm sorry if any of you feel that there's anything more to it than that. I think it's funny the person who though I "changed" my camera exif data - that made me laugh. If I were to change my exif data, I'd at least use a comparable camera.

mirrorrorrim, that is called high-key portraiture.

Thank you ConanFuji and Jan2009, I have a very loving soon-to-be wife.

-- hide signature --

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads