Surprise surprise CanonRumors changes the date.

Started Feb 27, 2012 | Discussions
bradleyg5
Regular MemberPosts: 397
Like?
Surprise surprise CanonRumors changes the date.
Feb 27, 2012

http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/02/the-next-5d-on-march2-2012-cr3/

Then there will be a delay, and it will be pushed back to late April early May, which will turn into mid may then it will be Fall, followed by a November announcement of a new Rebel, which they predicated all along. Stuff writes itself.

EvokeEmotion
Contributing MemberPosts: 872Gear list
Like?
Re: Surprise surprise CanonRumors changes the date.
In reply to bradleyg5, Feb 27, 2012

bradleyg5 wrote:

Then there will be a delay, and it will be pushed back to late April early May, which will turn into mid may then it will be Fall, followed by a November announcement of a new Rebel, which they predicated all along. Stuff writes itself.

There is a mixup of two separate launch events. Stop being over cynical.

EvokeEmotion's gear list:EvokeEmotion's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
cedrec
Regular MemberPosts: 328
Like?
This doesn't surprise me at all!

We all should know by now that there will be no 5Dx/iii, and there never will be. Stop falling for every little unsourced rumor you read on the internet.

hunk
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,214Gear list
Like?
Re: This doesn't surprise me at all!
In reply to cedrec, Feb 27, 2012

lol... can I quote you at the end of the week?

cedrec wrote:

We all should know by now that there will be no 5Dx/iii, and there never will be. Stop falling for every little unsourced rumor you read on the internet.

hunk's gear list:hunk's gear list
Leica M9 Canon Extender EF 2x II Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF
PicPocket
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,865Gear list
Like?
In reply to hunk, Feb 27, 2012

Also, there will never be a 5d mk VI
Do quote me when the time comes

hunk wrote:

cedrec wrote:

-- hide signature --
 PicPocket's gear list:PicPocket's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
landscaper1
Regular MemberPosts: 215
Like?
In reply to PicPocket, Feb 27, 2012

Mk VI??? We haven't even seen version 3 and you're already up to version 6?
--
Landscaper

customminds
Senior MemberPosts: 1,282
Like?
Surprise surprise, troll trolls on dpreview looking for something to post about...

Surprise surprise, troll trolls on dpreview looking for something to post about...

bradleyg5 wrote:

BigG30
Regular MemberPosts: 256
Like?
How many times? The clue is in the name: RUMORS

Left blank.

PicPocket
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,865Gear list
Like?
In reply to landscaper1, Feb 27, 2012

landscaper1 wrote:

Mk VI??? We haven't even seen version 3 and you're already up to version 6?

I didn't wanted to be quoted soon enough on this

-- hide signature --
 PicPocket's gear list:PicPocket's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
cedrec
Like?
Re: Surprise surprise, troll trolls on dpreview looking for something to post about..
In reply to customminds, Feb 27, 2012

No different from the trolls on canonrumors dolling out their usual fodder of misinformation and speculation.

customminds wrote:

bradleyg5 wrote:

bgbs
Senior MemberPosts: 1,913
Like?

I think a lot of folks were expecting something to happen today but nothing did. It is a little disappointing. Today would have been an ideal 5DIII announcement date before D800 ships out. That way those canon users who were on the brink of switching brands, could have made a more delicate decision, now I can see them jumping ship.

DotCom Editor
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,539Gear list
Like?
um, it's a RUMOR site, not a fact site

This thing about rumors (rumours) is that they are nothing more than, uh, rumors (rumours).

MASTERPPA
Contributing MemberPosts: 855
Like?
In reply to cedrec, Feb 27, 2012

cedrec, if their were no pictures, I would say you are right.

But we have 3 that are confirmed real, and 3 more that look very real. NOW, it maybe May, June or later when we can get our hands on one, but it is coming soon

cedrec wrote:

bronxbombers
Forum ProPosts: 18,226
Like?
In reply to hunk, Feb 27, 2012

+1

hunk wrote:

cedrec wrote:

Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,638Gear list
Like?
Right now, it appears to be a crashed RUMOR site, not a fact site
In reply to DotCom Editor, Feb 27, 2012

DotCom Editor wrote:

This thing about rumors (rumours) is that they are nothing more than, uh, rumors (rumours).

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, photography never for sale, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
David Hull
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,330Gear list
Like?
Canon Rumors itself seems to be a rumor right now...

I can't even get it to come up. Still I don't get the negativity from the OP, it is, after all, as so many have pointed out... a rumor. We may not hear anything at all. Canon seems much better at keeping secrets than Nikon.

David Hull's gear list:David Hull's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,638Gear list
Like?
It's back up now
In reply to David Hull, Feb 27, 2012

and the announcement date appears to have been moved two days. Devastating news.

David Hull wrote:

I can't even get it to come up. Still I don't get the negativity from the OP, it is, after all, as so many have pointed out... a rumor. We may not hear anything at all. Canon seems much better at keeping secrets than Nikon.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, photography never for sale, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
David Hull
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,330Gear list
Like?
Re: It's back up now
In reply to Rick Knepper, Feb 27, 2012

Rick Knepper wrote:

and the announcement date appears to have been moved two days. Devastating news.

Friday is a strange day for a Canon announcement -- it would usually be today (Monday/Tuesday). I guess Friday means Thursday evening on the west coast.

David Hull wrote:

-- hide signature --

David Hull's gear list:David Hull's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
cedrec
Like?
In reply to MASTERPPA, Feb 27, 2012

Have you ever seen those pictures of concept cars? The Google car that drives itself? Fuel cell cars and other devices meant for testing? Pictures of UFOs and bigfoot? Pictures of the Loch Ness Monster?

Pictures prove nothing aside from the fact that there was somebody who made them. As we're on a photography forum, I'd expect this to be common knowledge.

MASTERPPA wrote:
cedrec, if their were no pictures, I would say you are right.

But we have 3 that are confirmed real, and 3 more that look very real. NOW, it maybe May, June or later when we can get our hands on one, but it is coming soon

cedrec wrote:

warpfoo
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
In reply to bgbs, Feb 27, 2012

Seriously, if people are spring-loaded to jump ship because Nikon released something a few weeks before Canon, I think you need a new hobby. Poker, maybe. That way you can have a new hand of cards every few minutes. Or chatroulette.

Seriously, the 5DII you (generally speaking) were ecstatic over a few weeks ago is still going to work. It's still going do it's job helping you take great photos, and the image quality isn't suddenly going to decrease by a few MP.

Step back, put down the credit card, a wait a few more weeks or months.

Sheesh...

m

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads