Sticky Blades: How Many Need/Needed Multiple Repairs?

Started Feb 24, 2012 | Discussions
snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?
Sticky Blades: How Many Need/Needed Multiple Repairs?
Feb 24, 2012

I am wondering, due to having found a dealer with an X100, selling a return that was repaired and offers a full warranty at many hundreds of euros off. However, the warranty appears to be their own, rather than Fujis, so I have to stick around the shop for repairs, which they will cover (a bit odd since warranties are transferable in the EU).

According to the work order, it recently had the lens assembly replaced, which the previous owner returned the camera to the shop outright for.

So, are the replacement units also a sign that they are just throwing parts at the problem?

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Muus
Regular MemberPosts: 189
Like?
Re: Sticky Blades: How Many Need/Needed Multiple Repairs?
In reply to snake_b, Feb 24, 2012

When my camera had got a new lens assembly for the second time, in november 2011, I got an email by Fuji, saying that 'the problem' had now been solved and therefore should not occur again. Touch wood, but indeed up till now it hasn't. I would trust this camera in this respect if I were in your shoes, on two conditions: the replacement would have to be in a safe area calender-wise, let's say after 12/1/2011, and (as it was a European repair) the replacement would have to be made in England, as that's the location where all serious repairs are carried out - at least as far as Northern Europe is concerned. I wouldn't want to run the risk of a local replacement with an old unit still lying around that would still be prone to sticky blades after a thousand or so clicks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chris DeVeau
Contributing MemberPosts: 605
Like?
In reply to Muus, Feb 24, 2012

I'm considering a new one as we speak. Do you think the problem is resolved on all new sales or is there a way to check some production date on the box before actually buying? I'm in Switzerland.
--
Chris

Chris DeVeau
Contributing MemberPosts: 605
Like?
In reply to snake_b, Feb 24, 2012

Do you have an idea of when that camera was produced?
--
Chris

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads