Linsday Dobson yestarday X10 review

Started Feb 22, 2012 | Discussions
sznajder
Regular MemberPosts: 167
Like?
Linsday Dobson yestarday X10 review
Feb 22, 2012

Since she had posted many great pictures taken with Fuji X10 her there was a malicious attack on her business website and blogs. After yesterdays hunt for her by few Orb Obsessed Idiots I was wondering if is it possible that someone here could go that far...anyway, based on yesterday's witch hunt this is the most pathetic forum I have ever seen packed with few individuals who like to poison another peoples peace. Shame on you!

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
dotbalm
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,219
Like?
Re: Linsday Dobson yestarday X10 review
In reply to sznajder, Feb 22, 2012

sznajder wrote:

Since she had posted many great pictures taken with Fuji X10 her there was a malicious attack on her business website and blogs. After yesterdays hunt for her by few Orb Obsessed Idiots I was wondering if is it possible that someone here could go that far...anyway, based on yesterday's witch hunt this is the most pathetic forum I have ever seen packed with few individuals who like to poison another peoples peace. Shame on you!

Shame on who?

What are you talking about?

• I don't know what you're referring to and I don't think I care given your approach and double-post on the matter.

• One doesn't have to know...all one has to know is what you've done here.

Double post:

I don't condone such an act, but why do you point the finger at participants at FTF?

There have been plenty of dust-ups where if anyone is going to attack a site, they would have long ago. You are very thin on history on that count.

Again, I'm not defending such an action, but for you to jump in here in THAT manner, regardless of what you're referring to, or how you feel, is reckless. Who the hell are you anyway? I've never heard of you and I've been here for years.

Do you have source IP addresses for posters here and attackers there? Do you have OS signatures showing they're from the same machine? Did the attackers refer to FTF and can you authenticate that or are they deflecting from themselves?

Honestly... your thinking on this matter is as muddied as your posting method: double-posting. I guess if one post is good, two are better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Silent Oracle
Senior MemberPosts: 2,913
Like?

sznajder wrote:

WAIT. I've spoken with Lindsey via email and she said it was being looked into. Let's not jump fences here before their time. She mentioned a potential hosting problem.

Although a cyber attack could be responsible - let's hope not. My personal blog continues to receive attacks, but Weebly has a great firewall it appears.

There were only a couple of people who acted like idiots in 'that' thread. I don't think they would be stupid enough to do something like this - as they were very outspoken and would be among the first to blame.

Here is hoping that whatever is causing the down time, that it is swiftly remedied. Lindsey is an absolute gem, a beautiful person who takes beautiful photos. She is like a breath of fresh air.
--
Jada

http://silentoracle.weebly.com/blog.html

aeneon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,055
Like?

sznajder wrote:

WOW.. whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty. I dont think i can give your post any credit at all . Shame on you for your attack here with no evidence .. whoever you are.. Bu** off.

Silent Oracle
Senior MemberPosts: 2,913
Like?
Okay - looks like it is back up.....

It was probably a hosting issue as Lindsey suggested. And if too many people were viewing - that might have created a snag.
--
Jada

http://silentoracle.weebly.com/blog.html

Billx08
Forum ProPosts: 11,373
Like?

sznajder wrote:

I have to question the sanity of anyone that could come away with that impression. With the exception of basically one obsessed crackpot, Lindsay received one of the warmest receptions in this forum's history, from both sides of the orb divide. One (who mostly shares your antipathy for the "Orb Obsessed") even mentioned something about how civil that thread was. As far as this being "the most pathetic forum", it's interesting that you've been here for over two years, have been posting in this forum as far back as September 2010, and only three weeks ago posted this (emphasis added) :

sznajder wrote:

mike_in_nyc wrote:

An interesting thing happened today. I was waiting for the Fuji firmware update which has yet to arrive and needed to make a decision today about sending back my X10. I had some bad orbs over the weekend and so had decided to return it . The camera is all boxed but I decided to call the store and ask if they would discount it if I kept the camera. They gave me 30% off the list price ($180). Previously I had received a $50 discount when the seller had temporarily reduced the price to $550. My cost is now $370 but I'm still thinking about returning it. What do you think?

Now, I'm not sure if you are trolling , screaming of attention or you have some problems with making your own decisions? This is one of my favorite forum with some exceptions - whining post of few clowns whose pop up every time when they see these white things but hiding when someone is posted really nice pictures from X10..

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1012&message=40465752

It's a shame that you had to pop up and start such a whining, ignorant, petulant thread.

PAUL TILL
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,207
Like?

OMG, One of the crazies has escaped from Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health.

Paul.
--

Jimbo70
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
In reply to PAUL TILL, Feb 22, 2012

I read her three reviews and found them well tought out. She aknowledged the orb problem and expressed her views. Some of these Fuji bashers should go to the Nikon forum and read what the Nikon people had to say after the dpr review of the X7100 came out. They expressed some dis-satisfaction with Nikon and then came to the conclusion that no camera is perfect and the Powers To Be at Nikon are trying. It seems that you can't even ask a question or make a statement about the X10 in this Forum without being drawn and quartered. I wonder how many of the Bashers actually own an X10. I once read a book review on Amazon by a guy that finaly admitted he hadn't read the book, BUT he had read the table of contents. My feeling is many of the Bashers have only read the table of contents on the X10. Yes I know the manual doesn't have a table of contents (thought I should throw that in or I'd get bashed for saying that).

Jimbo70's gear list:Jimbo70's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X20 +1 more
Lindsay D
Regular MemberPosts: 338
Like?

Hi, it's been confirmed that my website was attacked today. Consequently I wasn't able to host client galleries today, nor go to any of my meetings as I had to stay in my office and try to sort out the problem.

It was not a hosting issue or a bandwidth issue. I don't know how this forum works but I have requested that the site owners take down the thread that was posted about my images. I cannot begin to tell you how stressful this is becoming, I think this is starting to hurt my business in a number of ways (I can't go into detail here for obvious reasons).

I'm not suggesting for a moment that it was anybody who got involved in the discussion in the prior thread and I would ask other people not to make that suggestion either - it could have been any of the hundreds of people who clicked through to my site from this forum, or it may have been none of them. We have a couple of leads we will follow up.

I'm really hoping that the discussions about me and my photographs will stop please. I didn't put a link to my blog on this forum, someone else did, without doubt innocently, but it's caused me a lot of grief.

jimbo68
Senior MemberPosts: 1,272
Like?

I can't' take anymore, I tell you. I am going crazy with this Orb stuff. I am beginning to see them everywhere. I mean everywhere and I don't even own the camera. Just yesterday, I thought I saw an orb in the sky but it was a sparrow. An innocent sparrow that looked to me like an orb. I went to a camera shop and picked up a X10. I looked into the lens, (after I propped it up of course) and to may amazement I saw this small box and it contained..... orbs of all sizes. WHAT???? The camera comes with orbs. They are not an option. They are included in the purchase price. It does appear to me that when the box becomes empty, there will be no more orbs. I suggest you shoot a lot of night shots with lots of lights. Of course, I might have this all wrong.

Jimbo70
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
In reply to Lindsay D, Feb 22, 2012

Lindsay D wrote:

Hi, it's been confirmed that my website was attacked today. Consequently I wasn't able to host client galleries today, nor go to any of my meetings as I had to stay in my office and try to sort out the problem.

It was not a hosting issue or a bandwidth issue. I don't know how this forum works but I have requested that the site owners take down the thread that was posted about my images. I cannot begin to tell you how stressful this is becoming, I think this is starting to hurt my business in a number of ways (I can't go into detail here for obvious reasons).

I'm not suggesting for a moment that it was anybody who got involved in the discussion in the prior thread and I would ask other people not to make that suggestion either - it could have been any of the hundreds of people who clicked through to my site from this forum, or it may have been none of them. We have a couple of leads we will follow up.

I'm really hoping that the discussions about me and my photographs will stop please. I didn't put a link to my blog on this forum, someone else did, without doubt innocently, but it's caused me a lot of grief.

Everybody feel better now?

Jimbo70's gear list:Jimbo70's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X20 +1 more
Will Hickman
Contributing MemberPosts: 536Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jimbo70, Feb 22, 2012

The problem? Check out the top (7) seven posters on FTF! Shouldn't be too hard to figure out!
--
Great Spirits encounter fierce opposition from very small minds!
A. Einstein

Will Hickman's gear list:Will Hickman's gear list
Canon PowerShot A560 Fujifilm X10 +2 more
Lindsay D
Regular MemberPosts: 338
Like?
In reply to Jimbo70, Feb 22, 2012

I just want to say that I met some wonderful people in the thread we are talking about, people who really lifted my spirits, and I completely agree that the bad element was in a small minority. However that minority was extremely vocal and made assertions which could be very damaging, claims which other viewers may have picked up on, and then acted upon. If you remember, it was suggested that I was a liar, that my images and my data were entirely manufactured, that I might even be acting for Fuji (that may have been a joke, but a less than intelligent viewer may have become preoccupied with that) and generally my integrity was smashed by one person in particular.

I realise that there is a lot of forthright banter on forums, but I felt that some of the comments made by the person I'm referring to were malicious. My new friends here did much to defend me, for which I'm very grateful, but unfortunately the damage was done. I've had to take down the Fuji images on my blog for obvious reasons. I regret ever taking them.

Danielepaolo
Senior MemberPosts: 4,226
Like?
In reply to Will Hickman, Feb 22, 2012

Will Hickman wrote:

The problem? Check out the top (7) seven posters on FTF! Shouldn't be too hard to figure out!

Are you saying I might have been involved? After all, I am number 7. Have some conviction and say what you mean.

Coward!

-- hide signature --

Apologies if my lack of photographic knowledge is catching.

Barry Fitzgerald
Forum ProPosts: 29,888
Like?
As long as she
In reply to jimbo68, Feb 22, 2012

Bought the camera herself she's entitled to give her opinion on it.
I have no problems with that.

I very much doubt some Orb obsessed dude attacked her site but hey you never know

sznajder
Regular MemberPosts: 167
Like?

ha, good one. Time to take care of your legs bc its to late for your head..

painterdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,785Gear list
Like?
In reply to Lindsay D, Feb 22, 2012

Truly sorry to hear what happened..and do hope no one from here was responsigle ..though sadly, it is possible ..
all the best
g

http://skylightvistas.weebly.com/index.html

painterdude's gear list:painterdude's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D800E
intruder61
Senior MemberPosts: 2,558Gear list
Like?
...this also happened to..

...Christian Fletchers website after posting the X pro-1 pics, me thinks the stench comes from here.

aeneon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,055
Like?
In reply to Will Hickman, Feb 22, 2012

Will Hickman wrote:

--
Great Spirits encounter fierce opposition from very small minds!
A. Einstein

What a pile of crap , no regular here would do anything like that.

Barry Fitzgerald
Forum ProPosts: 29,888
Like?
Re: ...this also happened to..
In reply to intruder61, Feb 22, 2012

intruder61 wrote:

...Christian Fletchers website after posting the X pro-1 pics, me thinks the stench comes from here.

Whilst some might be annoyed with the orb issue (honestly it would be rather sad to go attacking a site based on that, how about take the camera back!)

I can't see how anyone is super annoyed at a camera that isn't even out yet (ala Xpro-1)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads