Linsday Dobson yestarday X10 review

Started Feb 22, 2012 | Discussions
sznajder
Regular MemberPosts: 167
Like?
Linsday Dobson yestarday X10 review
Feb 22, 2012

Since she posted many great pictures taken with x10 and gave this camera her wows her website and blogs are down due to malicious attacks...is this possible that few of ORB OBSESSED IDIOTS of this forum have something to so with it? Anyway, this is by far , based on yesterdays experience , most pathetic forum I have ever seen. Shame on you, orb hunters!

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Jimbo70
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
Re: Linsday Dobson yestarday X10 review
In reply to sznajder, Feb 22, 2012

I read her three reviews and found them well tought out. She aknowledged the orb problem and expressed her views. Some of these Fuji bashers should go to the Nikon forum and read what the Nikon people had to say after the dpr review of the X7100 came out. They expressed some dis-satisfaction with Nikon and then came to the conclusion that no camera is perfect and the Powers To Be at Nikon are trying. It seems that you can't even ask a question or make a statement about the X10 in this Forum without being drawn and quartered. I wonder how many of the Bashers actually own an X10. I once read a book review on Amazon by a guy that finaly admitted he hadn't read the book, BUT he had read the table of contents. My feeling is many of the Bashers have only read the table of contents on the X10. Yes I know the manual doesn't have a table of contents (thought I should throw that in or I'd get bashed for saying that).

Jimbo70's gear list:Jimbo70's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X20 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lacro
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Re: Linsday Dobson yestarday X10 review

Unbelievable!

-- hide signature --

Carlos Lacroze

Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,319Gear list
Like?
Re: Linsday Dobson yes--tard--ay X10 review

sznajder wrote:

Since she posted many great pictures taken with x10 and gave this camera her wows her website and blogs are down due to malicious attacks...is this possible that few of ORB OBSESSED IDIOTS of this forum have something to so with it?

Your theory strikes one as reasoning in which a child might engage.

Anyway, this is by far , based on yesterdays experience , most pathetic forum I have ever seen. Shame on you, orb hunters!

Shame on the ORB hunter hunters for their whining and crying and constant berating ...

Was that title mistake Freudian by any chance?

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Billx08
Forum ProPosts: 11,373
Like?
Is your "ORB OBSESSED IDIOTS" self-referential? And . . .

Why did you feel the need to create two nearly identical, idiotic threads only minutes apart?

sznajder wrote:

Since she posted many great pictures taken with x10 and gave this camera her wows her website and blogs are down due to malicious attacks...is this possible that few of ORB OBSESSED IDIOTS of this forum have something to so with it? Anyway, this is by far , based on yesterdays experience , most pathetic forum I have ever seen. Shame on you, orb hunters!

To spare you the difficulty in case you don't know how to locate your earlier thread, here's what I posted in reply to your inane thread over there :

sznajder wrote:

Since she had posted many great pictures taken with Fuji X10 her there was a malicious attack on her business website and blogs. After yesterdays hunt for her by few Orb Obsessed Idiots I was wondering if is it possible that someone here could go that far...anyway, based on yesterday's witch hunt this is the most pathetic forum I have ever seen packed with few individuals who like to poison another peoples peace. Shame on you!

I have to question the sanity of anyone that could come away with that impression. With the exception of basically one obsessed crackpot, Lindsay received one of the warmest receptions in this forum's history, from both sides of the orb divide. One (who mostly shares your antipathy for the "Orb Obsessed") even mentioned something about how civil that thread was. As far as this being "the most pathetic forum", it's interesting that you've been here for over two years, have been posting in this forum as far back as September 2010, and only three weeks ago posted this (emphasis added) :

sznajder wrote:

mike_in_nyc wrote:

An interesting thing happened today. I was waiting for the Fuji firmware update which has yet to arrive and needed to make a decision today about sending back my X10. I had some bad orbs over the weekend and so had decided to return it . The camera is all boxed but I decided to call the store and ask if they would discount it if I kept the camera. They gave me 30% off the list price ($180). Previously I had received a $50 discount when the seller had temporarily reduced the price to $550. My cost is now $370 but I'm still thinking about returning it. What do you think?

Now, I'm not sure if you are trolling , screaming of attention or you have some problems with making your own decisions? This is one of my favorite forum with some exceptions - whining post of few clowns whose pop up every time when they see these white things but hiding when someone is posted really nice pictures from X10..

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1012&message=40465752

It's a shame that you had to pop up and start such a whining, ignorant, petulant thread.

Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,337Gear list
Like?
Re: Is your "ORB OBSESSED IDIOTS" self-referential? And . . .
In reply to Billx08, Feb 22, 2012

Possibly sznajder is a computer virus that caused the problem in the first place. It always how amusing how often the most ranting vitriolic postings on these forums are those protesting about the vitriol on the forums. Very much a case of pots calling the kettle black.

Billx08 wrote:

Why did you feel the need to create two nearly identical, idiotic threads only minutes apart?

sznajder wrote:

To spare you the difficulty in case you don't know how to locate your earlier thread, here's what I posted in reply to your inane thread over there :

sznajder wrote:

Since she had posted many great pictures taken with Fuji X10 her there was a malicious attack on her business website and blogs. After yesterdays hunt for her by few Orb Obsessed Idiots I was wondering if is it possible that someone here could go that far...anyway, based on yesterday's witch hunt this is the most pathetic forum I have ever seen packed with few individuals who like to poison another peoples peace. Shame on you!

I have to question the sanity of anyone that could come away with that impression. With the exception of basically one obsessed crackpot, Lindsay received one of the warmest receptions in this forum's history, from both sides of the orb divide. One (who mostly shares your antipathy for the "Orb Obsessed") even mentioned something about how civil that thread was. As far as this being "the most pathetic forum", it's interesting that you've been here for over two years, have been posting in this forum as far back as September 2010, and only three weeks ago posted this (emphasis added) :

sznajder wrote:

mike_in_nyc wrote:

An interesting thing happened today. I was waiting for the Fuji firmware update which has yet to arrive and needed to make a decision today about sending back my X10. I had some bad orbs over the weekend and so had decided to return it . The camera is all boxed but I decided to call the store and ask if they would discount it if I kept the camera. They gave me 30% off the list price ($180). Previously I had received a $50 discount when the seller had temporarily reduced the price to $550. My cost is now $370 but I'm still thinking about returning it. What do you think?

Now, I'm not sure if you are trolling , screaming of attention or you have some problems with making your own decisions? This is one of my favorite forum with some exceptions - whining post of few clowns whose pop up every time when they see these white things but hiding when someone is posted really nice pictures from X10..

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1012&message=40465752

It's a shame that you had to pop up and start such a whining, ignorant, petulant thread.

-- hide signature --

The more you know the more you know how little you know.

Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Samsung EX2F Pentax X-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +6 more
Danielepaolo
Senior MemberPosts: 4,228
Like?
In reply to Greynerd, Feb 22, 2012

Greynerd wrote:

Possibly sznajder is a computer virus that caused the problem in the first place. It always how amusing how often the most ranting vitriolic postings on these forums are those protesting about the vitriol on the forums. Very much a case of pots calling the kettle black.

So we are going with the theory that the person kicking the innocent the hardest was actually the guilty party. Just as plausible than any other I have heard.

-- hide signature --

Apologies if my lack of photographic knowledge is catching.

jim yeats
Contributing MemberPosts: 549
Like?
In reply to Danielepaolo, Feb 23, 2012

I don't understand how so many on this forum can't accept the fact that this camera is badly flawed. And to make matters worse Fuji is doing little to correct the problem. No matter what it cost them they should make it right.

ddtan
Regular MemberPosts: 353Gear list
Like?
In reply to jim yeats, Feb 23, 2012

I can't understand how a few on this forum can't accept the fact that the flaw of the camera is minor issue. And that the most reasonable thing to do is simply move on and get something else.

ddtan's gear list:ddtan's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1
GaryJP
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,060Gear list
Like?
Idiots
In reply to sznajder, Feb 23, 2012

Whoever attacked Linday's blog, whether from this forum or not, is an idiot and a scumbag.

Unfortunately, after an argument on the Canon forum years ago, I had my PBase account similarly vandalised. The individual was easily found.

I was sympathetic to her for having got drawn into this debate. She did NOT post her own pictures here, by the way. And the pictures she produced were the best I've seen from this camera. Much better than the usual stuff that gets praised because of the camera label.

However, I'll point out that internet misbehaviour is not always as it seems. Years ago a troll came onto one forum delivering one personal attack after another on a professional writer there. At one point, I received an email from someone on a forum issue, to which I responded. Unwise move.

The next thing I heard, my ISP - which thankfully has sense - told me that it had received a threatening email allegedlly from me, and did I have any comment. They forwarded it to me. The psycho involved had stripped out my text, and replaced it with his own. It's so easily done, it's ridiculous.

I sent them the original email, received an apology, and was warned by them there are a lot of sickos on the internet.

Things don't change.

sznajder wrote:

-- hide signature --

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.” Ernst Haas

http://garyp.zenfolio.com/p518883873/

GaryJP's gear list:GaryJP's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 II G1 X II Canon EOS-1D Mark III +7 more
shutterbobby
Regular MemberPosts: 464
Like?
In reply to ddtan, Feb 23, 2012

ddtan wrote:

I can't understand how a few on this forum can't accept the fact that the flaw of the camera is minor issue. And that the most reasonable thing to do is simply move on and get something else.

not being able to handle blown highlights is a bit more than a minor issue,especially for a camera in this price range,and the fact that Fuji has no interest to try to amend it..
--
LOVE LIFE & LAUGHTER

GaryJP
Like?
Comment to Lindsay on her blog
In reply to GaryJP, Feb 23, 2012

Lindsay, sorry to hear that this happened to you. As I said at DPReview, I was rather sympathetic that you got dragged into the whole debate.

While my experience with the X10 has been a whole lot less positive than yours, mostly because the conditions in which I shoot are conducive to orbs, I thought your photographs were the best I had seen taken by the X10. I’ve seen rather too many mediocre ones praised to the skies based on camera label rather than IQ.

The forum is a strange place. People seen as “attacking” the camera have had blogs vandalised too. I’ve had people from the forums crawl all over my PBase account trashing photos in the past, one after the other. But that’s only been about two sick individuals out of all the ones I’ve encountered. Most make their displeasure felt right then and there.

Sometimes the internet is a sewer. (Sometimes?)

Personally, whether you review it or not, I think you owe it to yourself to get the G1 X into your hands at some point, even as a loaner.

-- hide signature --

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.” Ernst Haas

Fujifilm X10 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 II G1 X II Canon EOS-1D Mark III +7 more
Will Hickman
Contributing MemberPosts: 536Gear list
Like?
Re: Comment to Lindsay on her blog

GaryJP, what a load of garbage! Your little "I'm so sorry and feel your pain post is pure crap !". You have positioned yourself as the leader of this pack of pukes! Your little "poor me" fairy tail is ridiculous!
--
Great Spirits encounter fierce opposition from very small minds!
A. Einstein

Will Hickman's gear list:Will Hickman's gear list
Canon PowerShot A560 Fujifilm X10 +2 more
GaryJP
Like?
Re: Comment to Lindsay on her blog
In reply to Will Hickman, Feb 23, 2012

As I said:

Sometimes the internet is a sewer. (Sometimes?)

Personally, whether you review it or not, I think you owe it to yourself to get the G1 X into your hands at some point, even as a loaner.

Will Hickman wrote:

GaryJP, what a load of garbage! Your little "I'm so sorry and feel your pain post is pure crap !". You have positioned yourself as the leader of this pack of pukes! Your little "poor me" fairy tail is ridiculous!

And like Silent Oracle said, when it comes to unpleasant posters I will forever think of you as number two.

The sewer is the right place.

-- hide signature --

buckshot
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,948Gear list
Like?
a shameless post to drum up blog traffic
In reply to sznajder, Feb 23, 2012

how many hits from the forum?

PS how does one "attack" a blog?

-- hide signature --

JB
I am not a photographer, I am just a guy that takes pictures.
http://buckshotsimageblog.blogspot.com/

buckshot
Like?
edit
In reply to buckshot, Feb 23, 2012

buckshot

I re-read the blog is down ... I still want to know the answer

-- hide signature --

JB

GaryJP
Like?
Re: edit

buckshot wrote:
buckshot

In answer to your question I just typed your query into Google and was offered 658,000,000 results. Including videos on YouTube.

I am pretty sure Lindsay is not pulling a fast one here, and am not about to add suspicion to the grief that some idiot has caused her. And the worst thing is she did NOTHING to deserve it.

It's a pity. I don't like the camera as much as she does, but she did get excellent images out of it in those non-orb situations.

-- hide signature --

aeneon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,055
Like?

GaryJP wrote:

buckshot wrote:
buckshot

In answer to your question I just typed your query into Google and was offered 658,000,000 results. Including videos on YouTube.

I am pretty sure Lindsay is not pulling a fast one here, and am not about to add suspicion to the grief that some idiot has caused her. And the worst thing is she did NOTHING to deserve it.

It's a pity. I don't like the camera as much as she does, but she did get excellent images out of it in those non-orb situations.

-- hide signature --

And i think a few folks tend to forget that anyone who has been a member here for a while and long before the X10s arrival , who are either now complaining about the X10 or loving it anyway , all have a shared love of photography and all want the camera to work properly so that we can all enjoy it.

I think everyone would have to agree with me on that , and also conclude that those fitting into the above would ever stoop so low to attack a harmless website.
It would be idiotic , cruel and pointless.

buckshot
Like?

GaryJP

I just googled it too and found a lot of results ... none that seemed pertinent to the query on the first page and I got About 978,000,000 results (0.12 seconds)

-- hide signature --

JB

GaryJP
Like?

buckshot wrote:
GaryJP

I just googled it too and found a lot of results ... none that seemed pertinent to the query on the first page and I got About 978,000,000 results (0.12 seconds)

Messaged you. Don't want to give sickos ideas.
--

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads