My X100 Black Limited Edition has arrived...

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions
Demmos
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
My X100 Black Limited Edition has arrived...
Feb 16, 2012

Well I'm happy to have finally joined the Fuji and X100 faithful here, with a new black X100 LE! It actually arrived on Monday (here in Canada) and have been exploring its capabilities since. Now I understand the feeling that many have where this one camera could replace most of my others. Its a beautiful and stealthy little machine! Here are some quick images of the camera:

I can attach a link to an unboxing video if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
D.

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
loekids
Regular MemberPosts: 393
Like?
Re: My X100 Black Limited Edition has arrived...
In reply to Demmos, Feb 16, 2012

congrats on your new cam.
should it deliver better result than the regular X100?
be happy and post your results from it > >

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Demmos
Like?
In reply to loekids, Feb 16, 2012

Thanks. No, it will probably provide the same results as the standard X100, I'm just hoping it will blend in better when street shooting as account for its all black colour. It was also nice to have all the accessories there and on hand while putting it together and getting ready to shoot for the first time.

I think it will also match up nicely with the X10 and X-Pro 1 (later on). Oh no, I think I've got the Fuji bug!

All the best...

D.

Jose V. Sumaquial, MD
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?

I love the red liner on the black leather! Hot!

-- hide signature --

Joe
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://docjoe.smugmug.com

Blayne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,459
Like?

Congratulations, Demmos! As a fellow Canadian and camera lover, I can tell you that I'm extremely jealous! I have been wanting one of these for some time now (must sell some photo gear first).

Can you share what price you paid and where you made the purchase? I'm 2 hours outside of Toronto and usually deal with Vistek or Henry's in London.

BTW, be sure to share your results the moment you can.

Volksgti81
Contributing MemberPosts: 725Gear list
Like?

That's a beautiful package! Did you put up a link for the unboxing? Post some pictures too!

Volksgti81's gear list:Volksgti81's gear list
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
TBert
Regular MemberPosts: 293
Like?
In reply to Demmos, Feb 17, 2012

Very nice!, Love the black leather case that came with it, I would buy one to compliment my brown one in a heartbeat. Looked on fuji site and only saw the brown one I have, must be limited edition only.

photo perzon
Senior MemberPosts: 3,481Gear list
Like?
In reply to TBert, Feb 17, 2012

Will the black version be free of sticky blades?

TBert wrote:

Very nice!, Love the black leather case that came with it, I would buy one to compliment my brown one in a heartbeat. Looked on fuji site and only saw the brown one I have, must be limited edition only.

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
griddi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,087Gear list
Like?
to photo_perzon
In reply to photo perzon, Feb 17, 2012

photo perzon, instead that you are happy for the owner on the new all black X100. you are trying the stir the pot again, gosh, what a boring person you are !

Griddi.....

griddi's gear list:griddi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X20 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +5 more
jtyoung
Contributing MemberPosts: 519
Like?

So is it worth the $500 premium over the regular version?

Acrill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,227Gear list
Like?

Will the black version be free of sticky blades?

Most likely. Sticky blades was probably only an issue with early lens modules, not with current modules.

Acrill's gear list:Acrill's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
Demmos
Like?
In reply to Jose V. Sumaquial, MD, Feb 17, 2012

The case really is lovely, the liner is almost a wine red... which is just as classy as the rest of the camera!

Migaio
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?

Congratulations!

Can you post some pictures without the lens cap and the unboxing video, please? Thanks

Demmos
Like?
In reply to Blayne, Feb 17, 2012

Hi Blayne,

Thanks for the kind words. I payed full list for the LE set which essentially is $1700 + tax in Canada.

http://www.fujifilm.ca/products/digital_cameras/x/finepix_x100se/index.html

Considering its a limited edition set where only 10,000 are being made for the world, I didn't feel that I could negotiate a better price. Plus there is probably someone just behind you willing to pay the full price anyhow.

The X100 LE set was purchased from a small boutique dealer in Mississauga Ontario called Photocreative. Jeff is the owner/operator of this fine establishment and I have been dealing with him for those exclusive items since 2001 and my first serious digital camera purchase which at the time was the Nikon D100! I don't have any direct connections with Jeff (so no conflict of interest here), I just think he is a knowledgeable and honest dealer, and all around good guy! Here's his site:

http://photocreative.com/

Last I knew he had received three X100 LE sets, 2 were spoken for leaving one remaining. In total I think he has been allotted about 10 units by Fuji Canada, when they are available. This was his first shipment.

Good luck and tell him Dennis sent you!

Best wishes,
D.

Demmos
Like?
In reply to Volksgti81, Feb 17, 2012

Thanks! Since you asked, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69pu_enGNRQ

This is my first ever unboxing and youtube video for that matter, so please forgive the production quality. It was done quickly and after a very long day.

Please let me know what you think, and if it should be reshot. If its good enough then I will make the video public and searchable.

As for photos, they are mostly boring indoor shots, since its too darn cold outside at the moment and I don't what to freeze this little gem. There is an auto show coming up in Toronto and I'm considering bring this along. If I do, I will post some shots of that!

D.

Demmos
Like?

So far so good, but it has only been three days!

Thanks,
D.

songeun7
Regular MemberPosts: 485
Like?

Does the black case fit with filter adaptor, filter and lens cap on? or at least filter adaptor and filter?

Demmos
Like?
In reply to jtyoung, Feb 17, 2012

Well it all depends on how you define worth it....

From a monetary standpoint, we should compare things on equal footings. The X100, plus case, filter ring and hood, and a decent clear multicoated filter (say B+W) would amount to about $1500. That is just $200 less than the LE set. Then if you factor in the presentation box, exclusivity of a 10,000 unit production, etc I would say you are pretty close. Plus if Fuji don't make a standard-issue black version of the X100, I think this set will hold its value if not appreciate over time.

From a purely esthetic standpoint, I like black cameras and the X100 looks amazing in black. It has a classy, understated elegance to it and I think the back version will be a bit more stealthy when out and about. I have a friend who purchased the silver one and one of his main comments to me was that people were always stopping him to ask what camera that was! So this is a personal choice, and for $200 more I like the black version (limited or not)! Look, people use to pay more for a black Apple MacBook over the white units when they were available not so long ago! Your mileage may vary.

Good luck,
D.

Demmos
Like?
In reply to songeun7, Feb 17, 2012

No it doesn't, and that is one of my few disappointments with the set. The filter and ring would have to be removed as well to use the top portion of the case. But Fuji does supply a small filter/hood microfiber bag for this purpose along with the set.

Really they should have made the lens portion of the case about 1cm larger and it would have fit the filter and ring nicely! Hope you're listening Fuji!

D.

Demmos
Like?
In reply to Migaio, Feb 17, 2012

The video can be found here (please let me know what you think):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69pu_enGNRQ

And I will re-photograph the set better over the weekend for you guys.

Thanks,
D.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads