The worst thing about the D800 and moreso the D800E is...

Started Feb 8, 2012 | Discussions
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 26,551Gear list
Like?
The worst thing about the D800 and moreso the D800E is...
Feb 8, 2012

We have to wait over a month before we can actually buy one!!
--
Lance B
http://www.pbase.com/lance_b

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +12 more
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Vaards
Senior MemberPosts: 1,320
Like?
You can always come back and buy K-01 ;-)
In reply to Lance B, Feb 22, 2012

I just searched for D800 and saw an old amigo's thread.

Yep, on Pentax forum just name "LanceB" would make 47 responses.

Lance B wrote:

--
Lance B

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Raul
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,481Gear list
Like?
Over a month? You are a pure soul indeed (nt)
-- hide signature --

"The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young."
O.Wilde

Lance B
Like?
Re: Over a month? You are a pure soul indeed (nt)
In reply to Raul, Feb 22, 2012

Obviously you missed my point. However, I guess that would mean that you would miss out on having a jibe.

The point is, why announce a camera almost two months before they can actually be purchased? I think it would be better that they announce it a day or week at most before being able to purchase it.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +12 more
Lance B
Like?
Re: You can always come back and buy K-01 ;-)
In reply to Vaards, Feb 22, 2012

Vaards wrote:

I just searched for D800 and saw an old amigo's thread.

Yep, on Pentax forum just name "LanceB" would make 47 responses.

Ah well. I possibly don't carry the same "weight" over here.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --
Frank Stein
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
Re: The worst thing about the D800 and moreso the D800E is...

Lance B wrote:

--
Lance B

What an incredible thread. You must lead a very boring life.

Joesiv
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,337Gear list
Like?

Lance B wrote:

Obviously you missed my point. However, I guess that would mean that you would miss out on having a jibe.

The point is, why announce a camera almost two months before they can actually be purchased? I think it would be better that they announce it a day or week at most before being able to purchase it.

Some of us have to acquire the funds or start convincing the cheque book holder that we need it. Sometimes that can take time

-- hide signature --

Cloverdale, B.C., Canada
Currently shooting: Nikon D3S, D700
http://www.joesiv.com

Joesiv's gear list:Joesiv's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus E-510 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G
Lance B
Like?
In reply to Joesiv, Feb 23, 2012

Joesiv wrote:

Lance B wrote:

Some of us have to acquire the funds or start convincing the cheque book holder that we need it. Sometimes that can take time

LOL. I guess you're right. Many of us may need to get it past the "minister of home finance"

-- hide signature --
Lance B
Like?
Re: The worst thing about the D800 and moreso the D800E is...
In reply to Frank Stein, Feb 23, 2012

Frank Stein wrote:

Lance B wrote:

What an incredible thread. You must lead a very boring life.

LOL. And yet you read it and what's more, you replied to it!
--
Lance B

moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,688Gear list
Like?
In reply to Lance B, Feb 23, 2012

Lance B wrote:

Two months advance notice will allow us to whip up into a frothing mob. By the time it finally ships it will look like a scene from 28 Days Later around here.

--
Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Lance B
Like?
In reply to moving_comfort, Feb 23, 2012

moving_comfort wrote:

Lance B wrote:

Two months advance notice will allow us to whip up into a frothing mob. By the time it finally ships it will look like a scene from 28 Days Later around here.

ROTFL. Great post, MC!

--
Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

-- hide signature --
gonzalu
Forum ProPosts: 10,313Gear list
Like?
Some of us don't need convincing :P
In reply to Joesiv, Feb 23, 2012
 gonzalu's gear list:gonzalu's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 10,810
Like?
Before the announcement, people were angry...

Lance B wrote:

Before the announcement, people were angry that Nikon wasn't saying anything. I recall a post about someone needing to plan ahead. Now you are complaining about Nikon announcing it too soon.

-- hide signature --
Frank Stein
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?

Lance B wrote:

You are a master at marketing. i don't understand why Nikon hasn't hired you.

Lance B
Like?
Re: Before the announcement, people were angry...
In reply to Robin Casady, Feb 23, 2012

Robin Casady wrote:

Lance B wrote:

Before the announcement, people were angry that Nikon wasn't saying anything. I recall a post about someone needing to plan ahead. Now you are complaining about Nikon announcing it too soon.

Well, I wasn't one of the one's complaining that Nikon wasn't saying anything. I would rather hear about the camera and then within a week or so, be able to buy one. It's not a big deal and my post was more an observation rather than a criticism, but it seems that many here like to make a big deal out of my innocuous observation.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --
Lance B
Like?
In reply to Frank Stein, Feb 23, 2012

Frank Stein wrote:

Lance B wrote:

You are a master at marketing. i don't understand why Nikon hasn't hired you.

Good idea. I am sure I could teach them a thing or two.

However, by looking at your posting history, you do seem quite the angry and negative type and I bet you're the life of the party, if you're ever invited to one, that is.

-- hide signature --
Lance B
Like?
Interestingly

I first posted this thread 15 days ago and it has taken all that time to even get a first reply!! I guess, at the time, it was at the height of the D800 announcement and nobody was even interested in responding to my innocuous observation. Now that the hype and hoopla has died down, we now do get people taking the time to look and yet some grouchos are horrified that such a post has even been posted as it "wastes thier valuable time" (wow some people are so precious!)having to read it and believe it a waste on this forum space.

Well, the funny thing is now that they are deciding to read simply because they do have time as there is less D800 threads and are looking for things to pass the time of day. And to top it all off, apart from "wasting their valuable and precious time, they are taking the time to comment as well!! it's quite commical.
--
Lance B

gregp701
Contributing MemberPosts: 630Gear list
Like?
Re: Interestingly

Lance,

I for one enjoyed your post and completely agree! The waiting is agonizing and to make matters worse, I changed my order later in the afternoon (to the 800E ) knocking myself out of line. I'll be lucky if I get in on the first batch now.

Such is life I suppose and hopefully like the saying goes, good things come to those who wait!

-- hide signature --
 gregp701's gear list:gregp701's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
reginalddwight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,002Gear list
Like?
If you think that is bad...

...then I feel really sorry for our friends seated on the other side of the aisle.

Canon announced the 1DX nearly 6 months before its expected release!

Talk about trying one's patience.

GlobalGuyUSA
Contributing MemberPosts: 840
Like?
Re: If you think that is bad...
In reply to reginalddwight, Feb 23, 2012

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

Anyway, the original poster was just being humorous.

The discussion is too heavy. A simple, "I know, right! I can't wait for it either!" or "Not me, I love my current cam," would have sufficed as a response. But then we wouldn't be on a site where Aspergers syndrome runs rampant.

Technology bloggers anti-social much?

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,

GlobalGuyUSA

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads