Color Efx Pro 3 (yes, 3) Question

Started Feb 2, 2012 | Discussions
Jas4
Regular MemberPosts: 373
Like?
Color Efx Pro 3 (yes, 3) Question
Feb 2, 2012

I have Capture NX2 and have tried COlorEfx Pro 3. It is a very elegant interface, more so than Lightroom which I also use. Unfortunately, it is no longer available as a download. If I buy a retail version, my assumption is that it will work with Capture NX2, and, I can upgrade it to version 4 which will work with Lightroom and Photoshop. Am I correct? Will I be able to use both versions simultaneously? Thanks
--
Jeff Smith

Sagittarius
Senior MemberPosts: 2,819
Like?
Re: Color Efx Pro 3 (yes, 3) Question
In reply to Jas4, Feb 2, 2012

Jas4 wrote:

I have Capture NX2 and have tried COlorEfx Pro 3. It is a very elegant interface, more so than Lightroom which I also use. Unfortunately, it is no longer available as a download. If I buy a retail version, my assumption is that it will work with Capture NX2, and, I can upgrade it to version 4 which will work with Lightroom and Photoshop. Am I correct? Will I be able to use both versions simultaneously? Thanks
--
Jeff Smith

Hi,

There are different versions of Color Efex Pro for Lightroom Photoshop and CaptureNX2. Version 4 for lightroom and Photoshop only. If you have the latest version of CaptureNX 2.3.0 64 bit, older version of CEF Pro 3 will not work with it. There is upgrade available to work with CNX2 64 bit, but only registered users of CEF Pro 3 are eligible for download. You might check if you buy it now and register, you will be able to download upgrade.
--
Best regards

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
thorsenmark
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
In reply to Sagittarius, Feb 2, 2012

I contacted Nik directed and was able to purchase CEP 3.x over the phone. It took no more than a few minutes.

Jas4
Regular MemberPosts: 373
Like?
In reply to thorsenmark, Feb 2, 2012

Thanks for that tip! I contacted them via email and the person who answered me didnt or couldnt help me. A phone call tomorrow is in order, thanks
--
Jeff Smith

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads