Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions
realsand
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
GX1, how remove the creative mode?!
Jan 28, 2012

Users manual is not so good..

realsand's gear list:realsand's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
WoodWorks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,272
Like?
Re: GX1, how remove the creative mode?!
In reply to realsand, Jan 28, 2012

Have you tried turning the PASM dial on top of the camera?

David
--
It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows
--Epictetus

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
realsand
Like?
In reply to WoodWorks, Jan 29, 2012

Yes, in C-1 mode, The creative mode wont go Award. But in c2/modes It works.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS
Ben Nakagawa
Regular MemberPosts: 227
Like?
In reply to realsand, Jan 29, 2012

Set dial to which ever your desired mode (PSAM) and reset the C1. Your C1 may be saved when the mode selector was in creative mode.

-- hide signature --
Steven Sterne
Contributing MemberPosts: 960Gear list
Like?

I am not sure I really understand what you are trying to do - but I will share my discovery that the full manual on the CD is far, far more complete and helpful than the abbreviated print manual that comes in the box.

Good luck; maybe you will find the answer to your question there.

Steven

Steven Sterne's gear list:Steven Sterne's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +14 more
NeilJones
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,115Gear list
Like?
Why oh why...

Would you spend the sort of money you did on this camera when you have no clue what you are doing?

-- hide signature --

Shoot like it's your last day..

JohnMyron
Regular MemberPosts: 342Gear list
Like?
Re: Why oh why...
In reply to NeilJones, Jan 30, 2012

NeilJones wrote:

Would you spend the sort of money you did on this camera when you have no clue what you are doing?

-- hide signature --

I understand why. My first digital I had no clue. I ask a lot of questions used the camera a lot and learned a lot. Then moved on to a more advanced camera. Cameras are fun!

Really the reason to buy any camera is because you want it!
--
john
my equipment is in Gear List
if you live near me you can test any of it...just e-mail

JohnMyron's gear list:JohnMyron's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +19 more
LMNCT
Senior MemberPosts: 1,364Gear list
Like?
In reply to JohnMyron, Jan 30, 2012

Everyone has to start someplace...the beginning is the best place. Knowledge grows as time and experience pass. Buying a camera which is beyond your immediate capability is a good way to learn.

LMNCT's gear list:LMNCT's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +18 more
realsand
Like?

NeilJones wrote:

What a stupid comment!

Ben Nakagawa
Regular MemberPosts: 227
Like?
In reply to Ben Nakagawa, Jan 30, 2012

OK, here is a little more explanation.

C1 and C2-1~4 are the memory bank that you can save your favourite combination of menu setting you already set . So you can quickly recall few different settings by turning dial ( and few click of buttons).

You can change few settings while in C1 and other C2 mode and save it again to the bank.

Unfortunately, the mode ( P S A M SCN and Creative) is one that you can not change while you are in C1/C2 mode because to change it need to turn the dial.

With the camera kit you should have received 2 CDs. One for program and one for documentation. Load the documentation one to your computer and open the full (advanced Operation) manual. I think there is some sort of installation process that will copy it to your computer so you do not need to use CD every time.

Open the manual with PDF reader and go to the page 127~129. There is some good explanation of what those C1 C2 mode really is. And how to save the setting to there.

Remember if you are in P mode in dial and save the setting to C1, C1 is basically P mode and all the menu (well most of) setting that you have set at the time.

I know, users manual is not perfect but full manual has quite good read.

Hope this helps.
--
Ben
http://ben-sketchbook.blogspot.com/

NeilJones
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,115Gear list
Like?
In reply to realsand, Jan 30, 2012

realsand wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

What a stupid comment!

"how to remove the creative mode"

What a stupid question!

-- hide signature --

realsand
Like?

NeilJones wrote:

realsand wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

What a stupid comment!

What a stupid question!

-- hide signature --

Well, maybe and sory for that, but you started it.. I did not have to pass any kind of test when joining this forum so I take it I can ask questions that are at my level and that I dont need to be an expert.

I you are commenting on a thread please please try to be constructive - otherwise please go and do something else and stop playing police here.

realsand
Like?
In reply to Ben Nakagawa, Jan 30, 2012

Hope this helps.
--
Ben
http://ben-sketchbook.blogspot.com/

Thank you Ben!

I had alreay tried to understand the manual before I posted, but I could not find anything about removing the setting - only about setting it.
I managed to remove it by copying the settings from another C-mode.

(I did not know there were som many other negative posters here with nothing better do do).
Thanks again Ben for your constructive comment!

dmanthree
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,283Gear list
Like?

NeilJones wrote:

realsand wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

What a stupid comment!

What a stupid question!

No, the poster is Swedish, and the question is slightly misleading to those of us who speak English natively (or try to, in my case). What I believe the poster meant is how to clear the Custom modes that you can set for convenience. And the OP is correct, the manual (I just checked mine) is not clear on this.

It's unreal how many people will quickly post a snide reply without thinking.

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

dmanthree's gear list:dmanthree's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +7 more
realsand
Like?
In reply to dmanthree, Jan 30, 2012

No, the poster is Swedish, and the question is slightly misleading to those of us who speak English natively (or try to, in my case). What I believe the poster meant is how to clear the Custom modes that you can set for convenience. And the OP is correct, the manual (I just checked mine) is not clear on this.

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

That is exactly what I was wondering! (I don't understand how my original question was misleading, not that it really matters - I'm just curious..)

I think it's strange that you can easily 'set a setting' and then not be able remove that setting as easily as it was set..

Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?

dmanthree wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

realsand wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

What a stupid comment!

What a stupid question!

. . . Reminds you of Tedolf doesn't it? I agree that blasting the OP like that was stupid but also wonder why the OP waited a few days before finally clarifying that he wanted to clear the settings. He could have done that very quickly after seeing the first responses to his original post.

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
phototransformations
Senior MemberPosts: 2,607Gear list
Like?

Amazing! Just when a couple of abusive commenters get banned, a new one rises up to take their place.

NeilJones wrote:

-- hide signature --

phototransformations's gear list:phototransformations's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +22 more
realsand
Like?
In reply to Tim in upstate NY, Jan 30, 2012

Tim in upstate NY wrote:

dmanthree wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

realsand wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

What a stupid comment!

What a stupid question!

. . . Reminds you of Tedolf doesn't it? I agree that blasting the OP like that was stupid but also wonder why the OP waited a few days before finally clarifying that he wanted to clear the settings. He could have done that very quickly after seeing the first responses to his original post.

I was busy with life.. sorry for the delay..

phototransformations
Senior MemberPosts: 2,607Gear list
Like?

What's even more surprising to me than the snide comment is the lack of an apology after making the comment.

I am beginning to discover the joy of the "ignore" function.

dmanthree wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

realsand wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

What a stupid comment!

What a stupid question!

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

phototransformations's gear list:phototransformations's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +22 more
WoodWorks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,272
Like?
Perhaps this will help explain
In reply to realsand, Jan 30, 2012

realsand wrote:

! (I don't understand how my original question was misleading, not that it really matters - I'm just curious..)

I was the original responder to your question, and I had no idea that you were trying to change a custom setting. You never mentioned anything about a custom setting in your first post. You only said that you were trying to get out of the creative mode. So yes, I was a little uncertain about what you were asking, since the solution seemed so obvious. I hope that my short response didn't come across as rude. But it would be helpful, when asking a question, if you include all the relevant details. Brevity is good, but leaving out necessary details is confusing.

David
--
It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows
--Epictetus

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads