New 5Dmk3 info

Started Jan 26, 2012 | Discussions
papparazzi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,932Gear list
Like?
New 5Dmk3 info
Jan 26, 2012

From Facebook - AquaTech

New Canon 5D mkIII just got spec'd in at 7.5 fps at 22meg pixels.

Info direct from canon and that is as good as the rumors get for us. Some big changes to the 5D overall. Should be a fantastic new camera.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AquaTech/267894565157

Can it be?
--
Nature and Landscape Photographer
http://www.flickr.com/jdfeos
http://www.pbase.com/jdf

 papparazzi's gear list:papparazzi's gear list
Nikon D600
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Pultzar
Senior MemberPosts: 1,424
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to papparazzi, Jan 26, 2012

I can see that they would have early access to body shapes and button positions, but I don't see why they would know the MP or FPS count.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mattr
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,443
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to papparazzi, Jan 26, 2012

papparazzi wrote:

New Canon 5D mkIII just got spec'd in at 7.5 fps at 22meg pixels.

Can it be?

7.5 fps seems too close to the 1DX.

However, who knows, maybe Canon tried desperately to find a specification where they can trump the Nikon D800.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jennajenna
Senior MemberPosts: 1,122
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to mattr, Jan 26, 2012

without a flipout screen it will be a failure.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
bronxbombers
Forum ProPosts: 18,226
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to papparazzi, Jan 27, 2012

Wow 7.5fps would be fast, I didn't think they'd dare go above 6.3fps and feared they'd be the old canon and stick to 5fps or less.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
cs hauser
Contributing MemberPosts: 660
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to papparazzi, Jan 27, 2012

papparazzi wrote:

From Facebook - AquaTech

New Canon 5D mkIII just got spec'd in at 7.5 fps at 22meg pixels.

Info direct from canon and that is as good as the rumors get for us. Some big changes to the 5D overall. Should be a fantastic new camera.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AquaTech/267894565157

Can it be?

I seriously doubt that Canon will simultaneously develop TWO brand new full frame sensors with such a minor resolution difference (18 MP for 1DX, 22 MP for 5D3).

That's just downright senseless.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
bronxbombers
Forum ProPosts: 18,226
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to cs hauser, Jan 27, 2012

cs hauser wrote:

papparazzi wrote:

From Facebook - AquaTech

New Canon 5D mkIII just got spec'd in at 7.5 fps at 22meg pixels.

Info direct from canon and that is as good as the rumors get for us. Some big changes to the 5D overall. Should be a fantastic new camera.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AquaTech/267894565157

Can it be?

I seriously doubt that Canon will simultaneously develop TWO brand new full frame sensors with such a minor resolution difference (18 MP for 1DX, 22 MP for 5D3).

That's just downright senseless.

yeah it seems very odd and the 7.5fps higher than expected, but why would a major company say Canon told them? Of course why would Canon tell them. Very odd. Maybe they got punk'd. hah. Doesn't Asthon work for Nikon hah.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
goshigoo
Contributing MemberPosts: 721
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to cs hauser, Jan 27, 2012

7.5fps @ Full Frame for 3K?
I seriously doubt that

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Edymagno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,798Gear list
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to jennajenna, Jan 27, 2012

+1
I'm not buying a 5D3 or similar without it.
Eduardo

jennajenna wrote:

without a flipout screen it will be a failure.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nich0las
Contributing MemberPosts: 835Gear list
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to Edymagno, Jan 27, 2012

are you serious? it's like a pop-up flash - just not needed on the professional/prosumer models

Edymagno wrote:
+1
I'm not buying a 5D3 or similar without it.
Eduardo

jennajenna wrote:

without a flipout screen it will be a failure.

 Nich0las's gear list:Nich0las's gear list
Leica M9-P Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Edymagno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,798Gear list
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to Nich0las, Jan 27, 2012

Nicholas: I've never been more serious. The reasons are too many to tell.
I'm a full time pro (30+ years)
Eduardo

Nich0las wrote:

are you serious? it's like a pop-up flash - just not needed on the professional/prosumer models

Edymagno wrote:
+1
I'm not buying a 5D3 or similar without it.
Eduardo

jennajenna wrote:

without a flipout screen it will be a failure.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
cs hauser
Contributing MemberPosts: 660
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to goshigoo, Jan 27, 2012

goshigoo wrote:

7.5fps @ Full Frame for 3K?
I seriously doubt that

The Nikon D700 with battery pack is a 3k full frame camera that shoots 8 fps.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
gipper51
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,961Gear list
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to cs hauser, Jan 27, 2012

cs hauser wrote:

papparazzi wrote:

From Facebook - AquaTech

New Canon 5D mkIII just got spec'd in at 7.5 fps at 22meg pixels.

I seriously doubt that Canon will simultaneously develop TWO brand new full frame sensors with such a minor resolution difference (18 MP for 1DX, 22 MP for 5D3).

That's just downright senseless.

I would agree. In an era where the manufacturers are streamlining their fleets to share sensors, two low volume sensors this close in spec seems odd. Both cams sharing the 1Dx sensor seems more likely, and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Although, that would make every Canon DLSR except the entry level rebel 18mp, which would be a weird thing
--
Check out the new site:
http://www.gipperich-photography.com
Or the portrait gallery:
http://www.pbase.com/gipper51/portraits

 gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
gipper51
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,961Gear list
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to Nich0las, Jan 27, 2012

Nich0las wrote:

are you serious? it's like a pop-up flash - just not needed on the professional/prosumer models

Edymagno wrote:

+1
I'm not buying a 5D3 or similar without it.
Eduardo

Huh? Really? Every video camera made has a flip out screen. If the LCD is going to be an integral part of using the device (which Canon intends), having it swivel is the ONLY method that makes sense.
--
Check out the new site:
http://www.gipperich-photography.com
Or the portrait gallery:
http://www.pbase.com/gipper51/portraits

 gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
photo_rb
Regular MemberPosts: 478
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to gipper51, Jan 27, 2012
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
gipper51
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,961Gear list
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to photo_rb, Jan 27, 2012

photo_rb wrote:

This one doesn't.

http://cinemaeos.usa.canon.com/products.php?type=Camera&model=C300

Yes but look at the bottom photos...you can bet video buffs will be using that accessory. And the viewfinder swivels.
--
Check out the new site:
http://www.gipperich-photography.com
Or the portrait gallery:
http://www.pbase.com/gipper51/portraits

 gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
goshigoo
Contributing MemberPosts: 721
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to gipper51, Jan 27, 2012

The LCD should be external for serious movie shooter...........
there is no need to have a built-in flippable LCD, which is easy to break

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
kb2zuz
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,196Gear list
Like?
Pop-up flash
In reply to Nich0las, Jan 27, 2012

Don't think of it as a pop up flash. Think of it as 1) an emergency fill flash and more importantly 2) a control for off camera flashes. Another local photographer I know regularly uses a 7D at events. He pops-up the pop-up and pulls his 430EX-II (or maybe it's a 580EX-II) from his belt pack. He can then hand hold it and have full TTL. He swears by it, and it's much smaller and lighter than having a 580EX-II or ST-E2 on top.

-- hide signature --

~K

 kb2zuz's gear list:kb2zuz's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
goshigoo
Contributing MemberPosts: 721
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to cs hauser, Jan 27, 2012

But it's Canon.......always give us disappointment

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
gipper51
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,961Gear list
Like?
Re: New 5Dmk3 info
In reply to gipper51, Jan 27, 2012

gipper51 wrote:

photo_rb wrote:

This one doesn't.

http://cinemaeos.usa.canon.com/products.php?type=Camera&model=C300

Yes but look at the bottom photos...you can bet video buffs will be using that accessory. And the viewfinder swivels.

Reading further, the swivel LCD comes with the camera as the main viewing device.
--
Check out the new site:
http://www.gipperich-photography.com
Or the portrait gallery:
http://www.pbase.com/gipper51/portraits

 gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads