I love the 5N + CV Nokton 40mm

Started Jan 23, 2012 | Discussions
ottonis
Regular MemberPosts: 483Gear list
Like?
I love the 5N + CV Nokton 40mm
Jan 23, 2012

Here are a couple of daylight images, taken hand held. Pics are cropped in order to improve compoisition. All sots are in RAW format and have undergone some basic PP in PS.

Coming from a P&S camera (Canon Powershot S 2) and having largely used phonecameras in the past 1-2 years, I can't enough express how much I am impressed with the IQ of the Sony Nex system. What I particularly love is the extreme versatility provided by the combination with legacy lenses. The Nokton 40 mm 1.4 lens is just 2 inches long, so that I can easily put the Nex5N with attached lens in my coat pocket and carry it around just as a P&S cam.

ottonis's gear list:ottonis's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +4 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
lefkop
Contributing MemberPosts: 629Gear list
Like?
Re: I love the 5N + CV Nokton 40mm
In reply to ottonis, Jan 23, 2012

Nice shots, thanks for sharing. I also use the cv 35 2.5, 15 f4, 25 f4, and cv .95 with cropping afterwards. The 5n makes focusing manual lenses terrific, much better than my m43 system, peaking really awesome. I am also thinking of adding the helicoid to Improve focus distance.

lefkop's gear list:lefkop's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Stujomo
Contributing MemberPosts: 795
Like?

Yes I like my Nokton 40mm 1.4 too.

eths
Contributing MemberPosts: 766Gear list
Like?

Köln?

I like the B&W picture very nice.

eths's gear list:eths's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D600 Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +18 more
jubilatu
Regular MemberPosts: 478Gear list
Like?

nice to hear about other users of this little gem. thanks for sharing.

zero artistic value, but it's ISO 3200, baby !

raw conversion with a little contrast and no noise reduction. focus on green/yellow flower behind the handmill.

-- hide signature --

Please forgive my grammar but if you find it inconceivable address me in romanian.

jubilatu's gear list:jubilatu's gear list
Nikon D800 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads