Pentax Auto Bellows and K10d

Started Jan 12, 2012 | Discussions
Zablot
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Pentax Auto Bellows and K10d
Jan 12, 2012

I was recently given a Pentax Auto Bellows and was wondering whether it could be customized so that it could work with a K10d. It is a fairly old and outdated piece of equipment, but seems like it could be retrofitted to fit my K10d. Any ideas would be appreciated.

As Always,

Jim

Pentax K10D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Sinnettc
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,501Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax Auto Bellows and K10d
In reply to Zablot, Jan 12, 2012

Is that the screw mount? If so, you just need an m42-K mount adapter and a lens, though IIRC you may also need an extension tube to get it far enough past the flash to mount completely. Or maybe that was the K-mount version I borrowed, which was larger.

I've got one of the screw mount ones with an old screw mount 55mm 1.7 and it takes pretty decent pictures. I should use it more.

-- hide signature --
 Sinnettc's gear list:Sinnettc's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax Q10 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Zablot
Like?
In reply to Sinnettc, Jan 12, 2012

Yes, looks like a screw mount.........................Jim

kikivrany
Senior MemberPosts: 2,774
Like?

Hello Zablot

Here Zablot a link to dimitrov's side:
http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/misc/macro/index.html

I use this auto bellow, and I'm sure it doesn't matter if you have the m42 or K-mount.... in both cases you need a extension tube (No. 1 is enough) for to make a distance - bellow-camera else you can't attache it (like Sinnettc already mentioned).

BTW: please clean the old bellow inside ! A bellow is like a air pump, and if it get full of dust inside (over the years) you bump the dust into the camera

best regards kikivrany
--
carpe noctem

mem
mem
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?

There is no problem mounting any Pentax DSLR (ist*D to K5) to a Pentax auto bellows. The bellow's mounting ring, screw or bayonet is released from the bellows by a thumbscrew. Fix the mounting ring to the camera (screw mount requires an adapter to K mount) then fit the camera to the auto bellows unit and secure the thumb screw. There is no problem with clearance.

mem
mem
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?

You can find the manual for Auto Bellows M at:
http://pentax-manuals.com/manuals/accessories/accessmanuals.htm
The password is Pentax

Kerusker
Contributing MemberPosts: 728Gear list
Like?
In reply to mem, Jan 12, 2012

mem wrote:

There is no problem mounting any Pentax DSLR (ist*D to K5) to a Pentax auto bellows. The bellow's mounting ring, screw or bayonet is released from the bellows by a thumbscrew. Fix the mounting ring to the camera (screw mount requires an adapter to K mount) then fit the camera to the auto bellows unit and secure the thumb screw. There is no problem with clearance.

I do confirm the above for the K10D on the screw mount as well as the K-mount Pentax auto bellows.

For slide copies an approx. 60mm macro lens is fine for APS-C bodies..

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

Kerusker's gear list:Kerusker's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED
kikivrany
Senior MemberPosts: 2,774
Like?
Thanks mem!

Hello mem

Thanks for to clarify this and the link to the manual!

I have my auto bellow since a long time, but it looks like that my former owner did fix this with a headless screw, and therefore I thought I only can turn the front bayonet.
now I know what I have to do !

best regards kikivrany
--
carpe noctem

Zablot
Like?

Thank you for all of the suggestions. The actual screw mount piece is missing so I may have to scrounge up a fitting in order to attach my camera to the bellows.

As Always,

Jim

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads