Nikon D5 thread

Started Jan 6, 2012 | Discussions
dwight3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,810Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D5 thread
In reply to vFunct, Mar 5, 2013

The bluetooth should not be limited to audio, but should be available as an external flash controller and image exporter. (There are still a few people who use the DSLR's as still cameras).

(Possibly available on the D4 via firmware update?) Save settings in-camera to flash memory rather than just save to card (which could be accidentally reformatted). Two-button restore for USER​ settings, not just factory settings. Option to automatically restore user settings at power-up.

Focus bracketing in addition to the exposure bracketing currently available.

dwight3's gear list:dwight3's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S52c Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Manny82
Contributing MemberPosts: 571
Like?
In reply to vFunct, Mar 5, 2013

Oh dear, a D5 thread already!

davidxyz
Regular MemberPosts: 339
Like?
In reply to vFunct, Mar 6, 2013

Pfffttt! I'm WAY more interested in the D5X. Its on pre-order from Hanry's, along with a used Tamron 28-70 f.3.5-5.6 . I love the presumed colour rendition of this camera. I specialize in blurry pictures of brown stuff, so yeah the slightly greenish-maroon cast of the Tammy really comes in handy!

Can someone please post some D5 hi-iso pics? Thanks a bunch!!!

-- hide signature --

Cheers

dwight3
Like?
In reply to Manny82, Mar 8, 2013

Manny82 wrote:

Oh dear, a D5 thread already!

Actually, I believe someone started a D5 thread a few months before the D4 was announced.

Nikon Coolpix S52c Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +9 more
cosmonaut
Senior MemberPosts: 1,888Gear list
Like?
In reply to vFunct, Mar 8, 2013

The swappable sensor is a nice idea but think its more complicated than that. So many other things that can effect image quality other than the sensor that could also be improved with newer bodies,  processing engine, heat, aa filter ect.

Plus I think the sensor probably carries most of the weight of the price.

Photo Pete
Senior MemberPosts: 1,766
Like?
I will not buy another pro nikon DSLR camera unless it has....
In reply to vFunct, Mar 8, 2013

.... a cellphone in it.

it's what most photographers are using so I'm sure Nikon won't miss the marketing opportunity.

It will even have a shortcut button for dialing Nikon repair centres to book the camera in to sort out the oil spot and left focus issues.

-- hide signature --

Have Fun
Photo Pete

str8pipe
Regular MemberPosts: 283Gear list
Like?
Re: I will not buy another pro nikon DSLR camera unless it has....
In reply to Photo Pete, Mar 8, 2013

Photo Pete wrote:

.... a cellphone in it.

it's what most photographers are using so I'm sure Nikon won't miss the marketing opportunity.

It will even have a shortcut button for dialing Nikon repair centres to book the camera in to sort out the oil spot and left focus issues.

-- hide signature --

Have Fun
Photo Pete

You will need an excellent VR system if you have your ringer set on "vibe".

str8pipe's gear list:str8pipe's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 +25 more
dwight3
Like?
Re: I will not buy another pro nikon DSLR camera unless it has....
In reply to Photo Pete, Mar 9, 2013

Photo Pete wrote:

.... a cellphone in it.

-- hide signature --

Have Fun
Photo Pete

So now in addition to walking around with my camera glued to my eye, I have to walk around with it glued to my ear also?

thomas2279f
Senior MemberPosts: 2,449Gear list
Like?
In reply to crosstype, Mar 9, 2013

Plus 4k video capture minimum or 8K future proof.

thomas2279f's gear list:thomas2279f's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Nikon D7100 +47 more
krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?
ULTIMATE Camera List. Re: Nikon D5 thread
In reply to vFunct, Mar 12, 2013

ULTIMATE Camera List

1. No less than 1,2 kg of tungsten body

2. Hard alloy theet battery cover (enough to crush bear's scull).

3. Built-in electric shock device as a last resort "freezing action" device named VR3 (Vacillation Remover triple-charged)

4. D4 features with D800E sensor and 6 fps.

4a. Pixel binning for mRAW option (11 fps 8 Mpix).

5. Built-in L-bracket or 2 tripod attachment 1/4" holes.

6. Built-in GPS and wireless communications with remote shutter and remote flash controls.

7. Wireless camera control with video preview translation (software for some laptop, 640x480 enough)

8. Zoom Lens focus calibration for 3 positions (wide-middle-tele)

9. Add 1:1 square crop factor.

10. extension socket for additional devices inside the body with standart open interface and with splashproof cover

(so you can upgrade GPS, wi-fi, wireless communications, remote control, theft security, photo authentifiation, or any of the possible Nikon and 3rd party devices possible)

The first 3 points are slightly humorous but not entirely useless. Just no hope get implemented.

chipmaster
Contributing MemberPosts: 554Gear list
Like?
In reply to vFunct, Mar 12, 2013

Lots of jokers, but the reality is that definition probably started already with ideas thought of and discarded on D4 then they saw what SONY and Canon introdcued and are noodling those and what the photographers and rich hobbiest want.

Then over the next two years assumptions about cost and trends will add a few features and also cause a few to fall by the wayside.

Like all defintions by committe lots of fluff and useless stuff alone with some real improvements that make noboyd perfectly happy will be the real D5.

chipmaster's gear list:chipmaster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?
In reply to chipmaster, Mar 12, 2013

chipmaster wrote:

Lots of jokers, but the reality is that definition probably started already with ideas thought of and discarded on D4 then they saw what SONY and Canon introdcued and are noodling those and what the photographers and rich hobbiest want.

Then over the next two years assumptions about cost and trends will add a few features and also cause a few to fall by the wayside.

Like all defintions by committe lots of fluff and useless stuff alone with some real improvements that make noboyd perfectly happy will be the real D5.

Agree. This thread hopefully will give 0,001% correction for next generation camera development at Nikon.

I love "brick feeling" of senior Nikon bodies.

So I want more sturdiness, +8 ozs. weight, 2way tripod holes and flexible connectivity. All Nikon external devices (as wi-fi, GPS, flash remote control etc.) are silly b*llshit because they attached externally and tend to break itself.

Imagine when we use GPS? On travel or hiking, where cumbersome external attachment have no right to exist.

Wired remote control acceptable in studio, but flutters by moderate wind and hits tripod with rough 'clacks'. Moreover it opens 10-pin for humidity, snow etc.

Nikon CLS is greatest thing on earth since God created Light. But you need radio trigger when you poking around in search of spectacular angle.

After many incidents with remote flashes misfirings and broken flash connections I put Cactus fash trigger inside AA battery holder for MB-D10. Now I have integrated radio flash trigger inside body of d300s. But that's impossible for D4.

Cactus V5 flash trigger mounted inside Nikon MB-D10  grip for D300s

So there is space for much more innovations besides "Specs race" in next Nikon bodies for professionals.

mironv
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,708Gear list
Like?
In reply to vFunct, Mar 30, 2013

By the time Nikon will be making D5 and Canon whatever name number they have as a next generation of company flagship cameras Canon by then will corner market for designated DSLR Video platform with afordable price so video in still DSLR will no longer be a battel ground Nikon sunk a ship Canon is on top now and ther is no going back. No reason to cramp more video BS into a sill DSLR when crusial work can't be done with it and there are better platform developed now and they will just get better in time. So D5 will have same Video BS as D4 as ther no need for any better or any more. You can cramp your Toyota Prius as much as you like you can't make a pick up truck out of it.

-- hide signature --
 mironv's gear list:mironv's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads