Hasselblad HC lenses, made by Fujinon ?

Started Dec 28, 2011 | Discussions
makofoto
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?
Hasselblad HC lenses, made by Fujinon ?
Dec 28, 2011

Is that true. They make some of the best and most expensive digital HD motion picture lenses now.

kb2zuz
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,196Gear list
Like?
Re: Hasselblad HC lenses, made by Fujinon ?
In reply to makofoto, Dec 29, 2011

Yes, though Hasselblad claims they design the lenses and just have fuji manufacture them.
--
~K

kb2zuz's gear list:kb2zuz's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
makofoto
Like?
In reply to kb2zuz, Dec 29, 2011

As I mentioned, some of our best motion picture lenses are now made by Fujinon ... we're talking zoom lenses that cost over $30K !

http://www.abelcine.com/store/Fujinon-Alura-45-250mm-Zoom-Lens/

I've got a big digit archiving project coming up. I'm having trouble renting the waist level H4D-60 Waist Level finder ... so because the camera is going to be in a position where it might be difficult to critically view through the regular finder, I'm wondering if the Auto Focus is reliable, using the 120 mm Makro Planar ... shooting 200 pages of large, 14" X 17" photo albums

Thanks!

Peter Berressem
Forum ProPosts: 10,647
Like?

You're shooting tethered...if you mistrust the AF, use the life video function (Phocus) for most exact focusing.
--
cheers, Peter
Germany

makofoto
Like?
In reply to Peter Berressem, Dec 29, 2011

duh! ... thanks

kb2zuz
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,196Gear list
Like?

Agreed, if you're doing copystand style work and can't get a ladder to look through the viewfinder, the LiveView function will give a very accurate focus check, however the refresh rate is very slow (like 3 frames a second or worse). It's effective but takes a little more patients: adjust the focus, wait half a second for the live view to update, adjust again, wait half a second for live view to catch up... It's not horrible, but don't expect it to work as quickly as on a 35mm camera with live view. It just requires a little patience.
--
~K

kb2zuz's gear list:kb2zuz's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
makofoto
Like?
In reply to kb2zuz, Dec 29, 2011

OK, but I'm hoping the AF will take care of focus as I work thru these albums. These r large 17 X 14 custom albums that come apart, but I'm hopIng to work down through the pages as opposed to pulling individual pages, although perhaps THAT does make more sense

MarkThr
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
In reply to makofoto, Mar 12, 2012

Fujinon always shines in TV and video industries even before digital came along

makofoto wrote:

Is that true. They make some of the best and most expensive digital HD motion picture lenses now.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads