Too many Nikons?

Started Dec 27, 2011 | Discussions
Weegee
Contributing MemberPosts: 963
Like?
Too many Nikons?
Dec 27, 2011

Here's an old print I found of myself with my assistant and all the "gear" I used as a working "pro". I photographed the print, that's why it isn't too good. I still have most of the Nikons and have added a few digital Nikons since then!

Fletch147
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,750Gear list
Like?
Re: Too many Nikons?
In reply to Weegee, Dec 27, 2011

I think you could just do with one more back up camera...just to be safe lol
--
Cheers,

Jonathan. (Fletch)

Fletch147's gear list:Fletch147's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mark den Hartog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,605
Like?

Nice for an Album Cover....

William Faulkner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,605
Like?

I like-a the Leicas.

Often wish I had mine back.

Bill F

https://picasaweb.google.com/faulknerstudios

bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 14,566Gear list
Like?

I still have my tripod like the one on the far left. You could use that thing for a jackstand to hold up your car.

-- hide signature --

Good cyclists are:
Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
Layer 1: Control your bike (Don't fall or collide with others)
Layer 2: Follow the rules (Don't be the cause of traffic crashes)
Layer 3: Use Lane position (Discourage other drivers mistakes)
Layer 4: Hazard Avoidance (Avoid other drivers mistakes and road hazards)
Layer 5: Utilize passive protection (Use protection when all else fails)

Chris, Broussard, LA

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
antonoat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,577
Like?

Loving the photo.

Are beards mandatory, LOL

Thanks for sharing the image

Tony

Frank Stein
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
In reply to Weegee, Dec 28, 2011

Weegee wrote:

Here's an old print I found of myself with my assistant and all the "gear" I used as a working "pro". I photographed the print, that's why it isn't too good. I still have most of the Nikons and have added a few digital Nikons since then!

This forum is NOT for the D200. Please that this bit of ego to the appropriate forum.

Weegee
Like?
In reply to Frank Stein, Dec 28, 2011

Glad we have you Frank Stein ( if that's your real name ) policing and fact checking the various forums on dpreview.

When I checked out your past activity on the forum, it is full of vitriolic invectives, smart alec comments and paternalistic put downs.

Guys like you ( with too much idle time in their heads )criticize everyone yet don't dare show their e-mail addresses or photos. Can you even use the equipment you "might" have? Time to put your pictures where your mouth is!
I'm writing this for all the previous posters you insulted........

Brandon Herring
Regular MemberPosts: 195Gear list
Like?

First I have to say, I love this picture. Something about it is just "cool".

I second everything you said to the "net-cop". Insults and policing bring nothing positive or informative to this forum.

jkjond
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,711
Like?

Serious bit of lighting you have in the background there - so no doubt far more we can't see. Love the car-stand type studio tripods too. I can't get exited about the toy cameras, but the large format ones always hold appeal.

Fun photo, I'll resist poking fun at the beards as they may well be current : )
--
http://www.johnleechstudio.co.uk
http://www.johnleechstudio.blogspot.com

rinsephotographic
Contributing MemberPosts: 934
Like?

Frank Stein wrote:

This forum is NOT for the D200. Please that this bit of ego to the appropriate forum.

frank, you're a douche. you contribute nothing, unlike weegee, who has contributed a phenomenal beard to be admired for all of eternity.

now run along back to your dark hole of wankery...

-- hide signature --

dave

dave
Senior MemberPosts: 1,030Gear list
Like?

Frankly I find it difficult to believe that any serious photographer could use the pseudonym Weegee. Weegee , who died over 40 years ago, was one of the greatest photographers of the 20th century anybody, in photographic circles, who pretends to be he can only be perceived as a charlatan or someone who is taking the p* s

Dave

dave's gear list:dave's gear list
Nikon D2Xs Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon 1 V1 +29 more
chris102
Senior MemberPosts: 1,382Gear list
Like?

I like the Leica table-top tripod in the middle of the picture. I used to have one, albeit with a smaller ball head on it. It was ... rad! So are the rest of your toys.

-- hide signature --
 chris102's gear list:chris102's gear list
Lytro Light Field 8GB +3 more
Frank Stein
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
In reply to rinsephotographic, Dec 28, 2011

rinsephotographic wrote:

Frank Stein wrote:

frank, you're a douche. you contribute nothing, unlike weegee, who has contributed a phenomenal beard to be admired for all of eternity.

-- hide signature --

dave

Oh Dave, oh Dave, oh Dave. Wake up. I'll contribute something serious when something serious is posted that actually pertains to the topic of this forum. And this thread does not. The image wasn't even taken with a D700, D1, D2, or D3. And you admire his beard? Oh please!

Until then, I'll beat back dweebs such as yourself with a stick. Now, heel.

dave
Senior MemberPosts: 1,030Gear list
Like?

Frank Stein wrote:

rinsephotographic wrote:

Frank Stein wrote:

-- hide signature --

dave

Oh Dave, oh Dave, oh Dave. Wake up. I'll contribute something serious when something serious is posted that actually pertains to the topic of this forum. And this thread does not. The image wasn't even taken with a D700, D1, D2, or D3. And you admire his beard? Oh please!

I thought you might be taking the p* s

dave's gear list:dave's gear list
Nikon D2Xs Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon 1 V1 +29 more
Weegee
Like?
In reply to dave, Dec 28, 2011

Now that you boys got all the niceties off your chests, I'll explain what this shot was all about.

Throughout my "semi illustrious" career ( at least I made a decent living practicing my hobby ), many art directors would constantly ask me if I had the right equipment for the job! I want my stuff shot on 8 x 10, do you have an 8 x 10? How about a compound curve cyclorama? I like really soft lighting, can you do that? Etc, etc.

So, I had my second assistant ( rather my darkroom guy ) photograph us so I could send a picture of all my equipment along with my portefolio. It was kind of tonque in cheek but it saved me having to explain that "yes, I have the equipment to do the job".

For those interested, that was a 10ft. x 10ft. light box on tracks that moved throughout my studio. It had 9 Balcar fan cooled light heads with 20,000 watt seconds of power. When it used to go off, my clients thought it was Hiroshima all over again. I could get f/64 on my 8 x 10. Now I use my smallest 600ws Balcar and it's too much for most of my shooting. I have to use 3 stop neutral density filters.

On a final note, I paid $ 25,000 for that soft box. In 2006 I through it in a dumpster because I no longer had use for it and nobody wanted it. C'est la vie!

rinsephotographic
Like?
In reply to Frank Stein, Dec 29, 2011

Frank Stein wrote:

really? that's what you've got frankie? my word.

of the hundreds of serious posts that pertain to the topic of this forum you only post bullsh*t to bullsh*t threads leading me to believe that you are indeed bullsh*t. you constantly bemoan the lack of seriousness in the forum yet contribute nothing to serious threads and in general contribute, well, nothing. you are endlessly vacuous but too inane to realize it. you deserve to have your nose hairs plucked out one by one.

hahahahaha yup you got me sport! i quake in fear of your 'stick' and will now diligently heel.

please retreat to the hole of douchery from whence you came.

-- hide signature --

dave

rinsephotographic
Like?
In reply to Weegee, Dec 29, 2011

great story behind the photo, i love it! i really does look like an album cover, as noted by a poster above. as for your story about your giant softbox...it reminds me of getting rid of dark room equipment. ouch.

-- hide signature --

dave

Ansel Spear
Regular MemberPosts: 465Gear list
Like?
In reply to rinsephotographic, Dec 29, 2011

It reminds me of the rear of Pink Floyd's 1969 Ummagumma album - only their's was a show of all their instruments.

Since a teenager, I've loved the shot.

Oh, smack me. I forgot to include the words D300 or D700 etc in my reply.

Oh, and with the name Ansel, I really am insulting one of the greatest landscape photographers of the 20th century

Ansel Spear's gear list:Ansel Spear's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D200 Nikon D800 Nikon D3200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +14 more
Weegee
Like?
In reply to Ansel Spear, Dec 29, 2011

Yes Ansel, hurry up and copyright that name before someone else does and starts charging you every time you say it or sign your signature! Don't laugh, that's where the world is heading! I can't photograph anything anymore without either a model or property release!

On the Pink Floyd album, I wonder if I could sue them for stealing my intellectual property? Oh,oh, they may have done their cover before I did my shot. I hope they don't check out this forum, Maybe Frank will notify them.......

Boy, this is an interesting forum. Frank Stein and rinsephotographic ( don't forget the rise well to get all the hypo out ) really go at it hammer and tong! It's what gives this forum a special kind of humor.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads