FZ150 and night photography

Started Dec 21, 2011 | Discussions
Realll
Regular MemberPosts: 164Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ150 and night photography
In reply to benarden, Dec 24, 2011

I could menage after all. When I switched off Image Stabilizer everything was OK. I use my cameras for trips and usually I have no time to play with the manual settings and preffer automatic ones. Simply if FZ150 is on tripod and if you turn off IS camera chooses different settings wiith longer ~ 8 sec. exposure and shot is fantastic. With turned on IS exposure is short - 1/4 sec. and the shots are dark with higher ISO.
Thanks to all for your kind answers!
Wish you Merry Christmas and a lot of fun with your cameras!

Realll's gear list:Realll's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony a5000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
benarden
Contributing MemberPosts: 566Gear list
Like?
In reply to benarden, Dec 24, 2011
  • Also, there is a product called " Software Stacker" which, if you can take identical tripod shots, may help

OOPS!
It's "Image Stacker" ( See below)

http://www.tawbaware.com/imgstack.htm

A very good product.

( & wondering why camera makers don't build in HDR )

windmillgolfer
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,489Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ150 and night photography - too soon
In reply to Realll, Dec 24, 2011

I sold my FZ35/39 sometime ago. I then got te FZ100, which I've also sold because of te noise but, otherwise, it was a fantastic camera. I've seen many very impressive FZ150 images posted here and may well get one in the future.

How long did it take you to master the FZ38? I think you need to give yourself a few weeks to learn how to get the best from the FZ150. Do not despair just yet. Good luck. Stuart

windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
Klimt z
Regular MemberPosts: 333
Like?
Re: FZ150 and night photography - too soon
In reply to windmillgolfer, Dec 24, 2011

I don't have a 150 yet but The night modes on my other travel cams really work well and I believe they stack multiple shots. It should not be that difficult to get good night shots if there are some lights like buildings and Christmas lights etc.. If there is any light at all my old pannies can take pictures in restaurants etc. in P mode and I use Picasa and add fill light as necessary. It really should be pretty simple. My phone can even do it. Let the camera do the work. That's what all those scene modes are for.
--
Klimt

dprcrow
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
In reply to Realll, Apr 12, 2012

Realll wrote:

I could menage after all. When I switched off Image Stabilizer everything was OK. I use my cameras for trips and usually I have no time to play with the manual settings and preffer automatic ones. Simply if FZ150 is on tripod and if you turn off IS camera chooses different settings wiith longer ~ 8 sec. exposure and shot is fantastic. With turned on IS exposure is short - 1/4 sec. and the shots are dark with higher ISO.
Thanks to all for your kind answers!
Wish you Merry Christmas and a lot of fun with your cameras!

I'm a bit late coming in on this topic, but I've been aware that "image stabiliser" is highly recommended by many to be in OFF when doing tripod based shots, and even to use the 2 or 5 second timer to get hands away from the shutter button

Trust you are now enjoying the FZ150 ... I myself am about to purchase one

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads