DXO 7 Standard or Pro for Nikon D3x ?

Started Dec 11, 2011 | Discussions
lorange
Contributing MemberPosts: 575
Like?
DXO 7 Standard or Pro for Nikon D3x ?
Dec 11, 2011

I´m not familiar with DXO. I have nikon d3x and I´m interested in trying the DXO and then buy it if I like it.

For my camera the Pro version is recomended, its twice as expensive as the standard version. Does anyone here know what it is that is needed specially for the D3x in the Pro version that is not available in the standard version ?

-- hide signature --

Nikon , Fuji

Nikon D3X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
GMack
Senior MemberPosts: 2,928
Like?
Re: DXO 7 Standard or Pro for Nikon D3x ?
In reply to lorange, Dec 11, 2011

It's their "Modules" that you need to download after the program is installed. Then you feed it some images, and it will search for your camera and lenses that it finds once it runs. It will do it one time unless you add on some more gear and it calls home to get more modules. All are setup differently to each lens and body and some of the modules are pretty large for some lenses and cameras, others not so much. Some zooms are fairly large downloads too.

You just need to try it and find out, and yep, for the FX cameras you'll need to go with the Pro version too.

Mack

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 19,706Gear list
Like?
Be sure to look at their size!
In reply to GMack, Dec 11, 2011

The pro version, because of the modules is HUGE. I am still of the opinion that ACR pretty much does everything DXO does. However, you would need PS CS5 ($500) or Lightroom ($190). As I have been using PS and ACR since they first arrived I am probably prejudiced - or maybe not. The ACR that comes with PS Elements ($90) is an abreviated edition, missing some much needed (for me) whistles and bells.

I also use ACR with Passport for exacting work.

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +10 more
lorange
Contributing MemberPosts: 575
Like?
Re: DXO 7 Standard or Pro for Nikon D3x ?
In reply to lorange, Dec 11, 2011

Thank you guys for your quick answer. Is it correctly understood then , just because I have more expensive camera , Im charged more for that software, Or is it something I get from that software for my D3x I would not get if I would buy the standard version for lets say D7000 ?
--
Nikon , Fuji

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads