GH2 body only - £522 @ Amazon UK

Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions
Framerate
Senior MemberPosts: 1,000
Like?
GH2 body only - £522 @ Amazon UK
Nov 28, 2011

Actually, £521.98 - which is a clear indication that Amazon are clearing them out, presumably in readiness for the GH3 that Panasonic said wasn't in the offing

Still, £522 delivered is about the best UK price I've seen - and as my Nex 7 order is languishing until next year I thought I'd take a punt.

If it has the dreaded banding issue, at least returns & refunds are painless with Amazon - unlike the small UK dealers who always appear reluctant to comply with the law, and who can spin out the refund period for up to 30 days.

Oddest of all - Amazon have sent it via Royal Mail ordinary post, with no tracking at all.

So, it might not even turn up if someone in the sorting office takes a fancy to it

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mark1000
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,717
Like?
Re: GH2 body only - £522 @ Amazon UK
In reply to Framerate, Nov 28, 2011

Nice price, i don't have any banding on my GH2, wasn't the banding on the older GH1.

mark.

Framerate wrote:

Actually, £521.98 - which is a clear indication that Amazon are clearing them out, presumably in readiness for the GH3 that Panasonic said wasn't in the offing

Still, £522 delivered is about the best UK price I've seen - and as my Nex 7 order is languishing until next year I thought I'd take a punt.

If it has the dreaded banding issue, at least returns & refunds are painless with Amazon - unlike the small UK dealers who always appear reluctant to comply with the law, and who can spin out the refund period for up to 30 days.

Oddest of all - Amazon have sent it via Royal Mail ordinary post, with no tracking at all.

So, it might not even turn up if someone in the sorting office takes a fancy to it

-- hide signature --

Mark.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 15,665Gear list
Like?

My unhacked GH2 has never shown any signs of banding whatsoever but I'm sure if you stress any sensor enough you can produce it. I have no doubt whatsoever should you find any you'll be the first to tell us.
--
It's a known fact that where there's tea there's hope.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +4 more
Jerodequin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,227Gear list
Like?
In reply to papillon_65, Nov 28, 2011

No banding issue here either....
--

It's Movember - please support me and Men's health by donating at: http://mobro.co/TomBowerman

Jerodequin's gear list:Jerodequin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Knallberto
Senior MemberPosts: 5,478
Like?

panasonic.de gives €100/€50 cashback for GH2/G3 ... buying Nov.1 2011 till Jan.15 2012
Makes same price ... €720-€100 = £522

Wolf Hass
Regular MemberPosts: 359Gear list
Like?

Does this mean Framerate you will keep posting here instead of running off to the Sony forum?

Your humour goes unappreciated by some but I for one get a kick out of your wicked British wit. I confess you have had me in stitches laughing more than once,

Your Royal mail sounds worse than the Canadian postal service although I suspect somewhere there is reading and delaying my New Scientist issues on a regular basis.

... and oh btw I have had no banding issues on the GH2.

Wolf Hass's gear list:Wolf Hass's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +9 more
RickPick
Contributing MemberPosts: 777Gear list
Like?

Nearly all the CSC's on Amazon are drastically reduced compared to their RRP at the moment. It may be an attempt to stimulate Christmas sales. I don't think you can read into it that the GH3 is coming soon. Next September is more likely.

RickPick's gear list:RickPick's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
rickyclicks
Regular MemberPosts: 412
Like?
In reply to papillon_65, Nov 28, 2011

I'm sure if you stress any sensor enough you can produce it

Not too sure about that - I can manipulate images from my D90 in all sorts of ways and there is never, ever any hint of banding. If Panasonic ever reaches this stage of development, it'll be a happy day for all of us

papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 15,665Gear list
Like?
In reply to rickyclicks, Nov 28, 2011

rickyclicks wrote:

I'm sure if you stress any sensor enough you can produce it

Not too sure about that - I can manipulate images from my D90 in all sorts of ways and there is never, ever any hint of banding. If Panasonic ever reaches this stage of development, it'll be a happy day for all of us

As I said, I have never had any banding in my GH2 but if you pull an exposure enough you can produce it in most cameras, including full frame sensors. Most people will never see it because if you expose correctly then you'll never need to pull an exposure that much.
--
It's a known fact that where there's tea there's hope.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +4 more
Framerate
Senior MemberPosts: 1,000
Like?
In reply to RickPick, Nov 28, 2011

RickPick wrote:

Nearly all the CSC's on Amazon are drastically reduced compared to their RRP at the moment. It may be an attempt to stimulate Christmas sales. I don't think you can read into it that the GH3 is coming soon. Next September is more likely.

The clue is in the 'ninety eight pence' suffix.

It's a standard tactic of UK retailers to change from 99p to 98p when an item is discontinued.

The major retailers, like Currys, are also selling the GH2 at £XXX.98p - indicating that it being cleared.

Panasonic UK have no more GH2 bodies in stock (not that that, alone, is particulalrly indicative, since Panasonic never seem to have much of anything in stock at any given time)

All in all, though, I'm fairly sure that we are seeing the last hurrah for the GH2 - 2012 will bring a new year, a new camera, and a new battery

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads