NEX-5N to Tokyo

Started Nov 27, 2011 | Discussions
kev777zero
Senior MemberPosts: 1,476Gear list
Like?
NEX-5N to Tokyo
Nov 27, 2011

Posting pics on a gear thread may not be the best idea but I'm really impressed with NEX 5N's in camera processing for HDR & Panoramas. All photos were OOC with either kit lens or pancake+wide angle convertor, except with some auto-correcting using the PMB program; I find NEX-5N underexposing quite a few shots. C&C welcomed!

kev777zero's gear list:kev777zero's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N NEX5R Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
gbert15
Contributing MemberPosts: 579Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-5N to Tokyo
In reply to kev777zero, Nov 27, 2011

Nice pics man! Such an awesome place to shoot!

gbert15's gear list:gbert15's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
physguy88
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
In reply to kev777zero, Nov 27, 2011

Thank you! Love the shots, especially the first one and the last one.

kev777zero
Like?
In reply to physguy88, Nov 28, 2011

yes, there are a lot of great scenery there in Tokyo, definitely not enough to get to all of them in a 5 day tour. I'm glad I get to keep/share what I saw
--

http://www.wix.com/drkevinlyu/photography

Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N NEX5R Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
jazzroy1972
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
In reply to kev777zero, Nov 28, 2011

Great pictures!
Congratulations!

Pchai
Regular MemberPosts: 320
Like?
In reply to kev777zero, Nov 29, 2011

I just got back from a 10 day Tokyo trip myself and I wish my pictures are half as good as yours. Btw most of mine came out overexposed but I think it's because I overcompensated it so that means the cameras own settings were correct in the first place.

That 6th picture with the pond and mt. Fuji in the background, can you tell me where is that? You are so lucky to be able to see Mt. Fuji. Ours were covered with clouds on that day.

I love Tokyo and even 10 days is not enough. I can't wait to go again.

Tvaclavek
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?
In reply to kev777zero, Nov 29, 2011

Fabulous images. Makes me want to go even more than I already did!
--

• Tom

Tvaclavek's gear list:Tvaclavek's gear list
Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-PL3 Sony Alpha 7R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +5 more
petertan1959
Regular MemberPosts: 189
Like?
In reply to Tvaclavek, Nov 29, 2011

the last time i was in tokyo the best digital cam them was at 2.1mp in resolution

kev777zero
Like?
In reply to Pchai, Nov 30, 2011

Pchai wrote:

I just got back from a 10 day Tokyo trip myself and I wish my pictures are half as good as yours. Btw most of mine came out overexposed but I think it's because I overcompensated it so that means the cameras own settings were correct in the first place.

That 6th picture with the pond and mt. Fuji in the background, can you tell me where is that? You are so lucky to be able to see Mt. Fuji. Ours were covered with clouds on that day.

I love Tokyo and even 10 days is not enough. I can't wait to go again.

the place is called Oshino Hakkai. I've also submitted that photo with some more description of the place to a contest for fun and would appreciate if people could go to the link & vote+like it: http://kev777zero.artistswanted.org/exposure2011

thanks!
--

http://www.wix.com/drkevinlyu/photography

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads