Panasonic 14mm wide angle converter(s)?

Started Nov 25, 2011 | Discussions
Anfy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,380
Like?
Panasonic 14mm wide angle converter(s)?
Nov 25, 2011

There are a couple threads about a 14mm + Sony VCL-ECU1 combo, which seems to give good results.

Since I happen to own a couple of Nikon converters (WC-E68 and WC-E75) and the LX3 Panasonic one (DMC-LW46), I am curious if anyone tried one of this WA adapters instead on the 14mm.

Ciao!

-- hide signature --

Viva la evolución!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Anfy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,380
Like?
Re: Panasonic 14mm wide angle converter(s)?
In reply to Anfy, Nov 25, 2011

Found a partial answer (about the 14mm + WC-E68) in this thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=38991403
The performance seems to be far from stellar (as expected?).

Anfy wrote:

There are a couple threads about a 14mm + Sony VCL-ECU1 combo, which seems to give good results.

Since I happen to own a couple of Nikon converters (WC-E68 and WC-E75) and the LX3 Panasonic one (DMC-LW46), I am curious if anyone tried one of this WA adapters instead on the 14mm.

Ciao!

-- hide signature --

Viva la evolución!

-- hide signature --

Viva la evolución!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
miwo76
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
Re: Panasonic 14mm wide angle converter(s)?
In reply to Anfy, Jan 6, 2012

thanks for posting.

I just bought a Canon DC-WC52A wide angle adapter (52mm threads) and finding that it vignettes quite heavily at 14mm with the 14-42mm kit lens of my GF2 and at the widest setting (with lens tube adapter) on my LX3. That being said, the vignetting disappears around 18mm so it would be great for the 20mm f/1.7 lens.

I'm waiting for delivery of my 14mm f/2.5 but I'm not expecting it do much better from a vignetting viewpoint. I may have to look at the Nikon WC-E68 as an alternative. (I'm using it for video so I'm not as concerned with tack sharpness in the corners)
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/miwo76

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads