Started Nov 24, 2011 | Discussions
Cytokine
Contributing MemberPosts: 626
Like?
Re: Its a difficult shot!
In reply to James Bligh, Nov 28, 2011

James Bligh wrote:

Cytokine wrote:

But I would use a gentle 9 iron and let the ball roll down to the pin! Keeping to the right.

Enjoyed the photo, lovely course, and what a view!

John

Even if it is a downhill 250 yards with 9 iron? What a monster you are! Does cytokine affect your game in any way? Golf is not a fair game anymore.

I looked at the first picture and did not read the text, 250 yards!! Hmm!! I can do that with a 3 iron, which I prefer to using a wood, down hill, off-shore wind? with some up hill green behind the pin, I would go for it. And, no Cytokine tabs!! Just Mizuno MX23 and a Pro V1.

John

-- hide signature --

Decision, decision, we are the slaves of decisions we made inadvertently.

May God forgive us our imperfections!

Dust to dust, what on earth are we entitled to claim?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
olindacat
Regular MemberPosts: 198Gear list
Like?
In reply to Cytokine, Nov 28, 2011

Have you ever bladed a wedge 200 yards? I do, regularly, only not on purpose. On a not-so-heavily irrigated day, the slope would give you 4-5 clubs of roll. It's a funny shot. Looks closer on this pic. Might be farther. I'll let you know.

Cytokine wrote:

James Bligh wrote:

Cytokine wrote:

But I would use a gentle 9 iron and let the ball roll down to the pin! Keeping to the right.

Enjoyed the photo, lovely course, and what a view!

John

Even if it is a downhill 250 yards with 9 iron? What a monster you are! Does cytokine affect your game in any way? Golf is not a fair game anymore.

I looked at the first picture and did not read the text, 250 yards!! Hmm!! I can do that with a 3 iron, which I prefer to using a wood, down hill, off-shore wind? with some up hill green behind the pin, I would go for it. And, no Cytokine tabs!! Just Mizuno MX23 and a Pro V1.

John

-- hide signature --

Decision, decision, we are the slaves of decisions we made inadvertently.

May God forgive us our imperfections!

Dust to dust, what on earth are we entitled to claim?

-- hide signature --

Aloha and have a nice day!

olindacat's gear list:olindacat's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Cytokine
Contributing MemberPosts: 626
Like?
In reply to olindacat, Nov 28, 2011

olindacat wrote:

Have you ever bladed a wedge 200 yards? I do, regularly, only not on purpose. On a not-so-heavily irrigated day, the slope would give you 4-5 clubs of roll. It's a funny shot. Looks closer on this pic. Might be farther. I'll let you know.

I suppose if the ball is placed too-far right on set-up, or if hands are too far forward during the strike, that would de-loft the wedge, which being heavy could go quite a long way. I have thought about how far I could hit a putter! But mine is too nice to risk!!!

That is a difficult hole, better golfers tend to shoot to the left where the bunker awaits, the hill makes club selection difficult. be interesting to know what the local caddy or Pro would recommend.

John

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads