Forgot my Epson 4900 Roll Paper Settings

Started Nov 8, 2011 | Discussions
WalterK
Senior MemberPosts: 2,624
Like?
Forgot my Epson 4900 Roll Paper Settings
Nov 8, 2011

I've had my 4900 for a few weeks now, and I had been churning out 11x17's with 17" roll paper. It took me hours to figure out how to get my images to print at 10.76x16.156 on the roll, with top & bottom borders equal, and left & right borders equal, with the printer set for 3mm margins. I thought I had written down all the printer driver settings and Qimage settings, too.

After playing with some sample 8.5x11 papers, I went back to my 17" roll, and tried the settings I had written down but no matter what I do I can't get the printer to make 11x17's as landscapes.

I have the driver set for Roll Paper, and the printer itself set for 3mm margins. For Paper Size, I had US B, 11x17". Output paper size is Same As Paper Size. In Qimage I have a custom paper size at 10.76" x 16.16" and set the Qimage Page margins to .12" each (same as the 3mm margins I set in the printer.)

No matter whether I choose landscape or portrait, I get my image printed across the rightmost 11' of the 17" roll width, and the printer wants to use 17" of height, wasting quite a bit of paper.

I know it is possible to arrive at the proper settings because I had been doing it, but I can't seem to figure out just how. Help!

-- hide signature --

Walter K

Tom-C
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Re: Forgot my Epson 4900 Roll Paper Settings
In reply to WalterK, Nov 8, 2011

Since you are using QImage, check your automated job log in QImage. If you can find one of the jobs that worked, just open it and say you want to restore the settings only.

That will put QImage and the printer driver back to settings that worked.

Tom

Tom-C's gear list:Tom-C's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
WalterK
Like?
In reply to Tom-C, Nov 8, 2011

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tom!

I didn't even know that Qimage had saved a jobs log. I found one from before I changed the settings, opened it, and it restored all of my Qimage settings as well as the settings I had in the printer driver. Wow!

This time I also saved the settings in the driver and wrote them all down in the notebook I have for the 4900. You saved my skin!

-- hide signature --

Walter K

jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,307
Like?

...and that's why Qimage is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Tom-C
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?

Glad you are printing again. When you mentioned you used QImage I figured you were OK.

You can specifically save settings using File/Save.

This is useful to save jobs so you can print the same thing again in the future.

Also, you can save various useful combinations of commonly needed paper and sizes.

Tom

Tom-C's gear list:Tom-C's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
WalterK
Like?
In reply to Tom-C, Nov 8, 2011

I've saved various paper sizes and other parameters with Qimage. Also I appreciate Qimage's asking, when I return to an ICC profile, whether I want to return to the Qimage and Printer settings from the last time I used the profile.

I haven't printed from Photoshop in many many (computer) years. Qimage is the best, short of a RIP, which I find I have no need for.
--
Walter K

elminno
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to WalterK, Jan 1, 2012

Could you please post the settings you are using or send it to me via email as I have a new 4900 and also cannot get it to do landscapes on a roll paper. Thanks a lot.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads