Elinchrom bx500ri modeling lamp problems

Started Nov 4, 2011 | Discussions
mygoodeye
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Elinchrom bx500ri modeling lamp problems
Nov 4, 2011

I recently purchased the Elinchrom bx500ri kit and both modeling lamps do not work on either kit do not work. I put the bulb it came with into a regular light fixture and it came on so I know it isn't the bulb.

Has anyone had this problem before? I read the directions thoroughly and so did a friend. Does anyone know how to turn it on?

Thanks in advance!

dmbsurfer
Regular MemberPosts: 122
Like?
Re: Elinchrom bx500ri modeling lamp problems
In reply to mygoodeye, Nov 4, 2011

either replace the modeling lamp or check the modeling lamp fuse.
--
Honesty is easy. Fiction is where true genius lies.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mebyon K
Contributing MemberPosts: 629
Like?
In reply to dmbsurfer, Nov 4, 2011

Have you checked that the control for the lamps on the rear of the unit is set to either on or proportional. There is an off setting on the control and, unless Elinchrom has changed their way of doing things, the unit always used to be supplied with the modelling light control set to off.

Hope this helps
--
Mebyon K

Peter Berressem
Forum ProPosts: 10,647
Like?
In reply to mygoodeye, Nov 4, 2011

You might also check the sockets, i.e. the center lug. Disconnect the unit from mains and use the tip of a screwdriver to bend up the lug. The center pin of the bulb should be now in better contact...
--
cheers, Peter
Germany

GMack
Senior MemberPosts: 2,928
Like?
In reply to Peter Berressem, Nov 5, 2011

Good point.

I believe the European bulb is am E27 base and the USA bulbs are E26 (or visa versa?). I seem to recall something about the thread on one not being quite the same and sometimes the bulbs don't make the correct contact in the differing sockets. Same goes for the USA PCB flash units, although the USA lamps will normally fit them correctly although PCB himself warns about the European bulbs not always making contact in their units on his forum.

Mack

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads