Occupy Wall St. NYC Last Week
Oct 30, 2011

Taken with E-PM1 & Panasonic 20 1.7

zzzzzzzzzzz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,213
Like?
Re: Occupy Wall St. NYC Last Week
In reply to sproket1, Oct 30, 2011

I pass these people every day and I find them to be very irritating. I see a bunch of unemployable people running around and making a lot a noise. It is a big party to them. I don't see any of the shrinking middle class this 'protest' is supposed to represent.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jere Landis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,546Gear list
Like?
In reply to zzzzzzzzzzz, Oct 30, 2011

How do you know they're unemployable? Do you object to the movement or deny that it is a movement? Are you just easy to annoy? Hmmmm maybe you're a Teaparty person, did the tea partiers annoy you too?

Jere Landis's gear list:Jere Landis's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PM1 +7 more
ehazera
Senior MemberPosts: 1,947
Like?
In reply to Jere Landis, Oct 30, 2011

They are unemployed because they wore those outfits to the interview.

Jere Landis
Like?
In reply to ehazera, Oct 30, 2011

I hope not, LOL.

Canon EOS 550D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PM1 +7 more
uniqueview
Contributing MemberPosts: 829
Like?
In reply to sproket1, Oct 30, 2011

Lots of nonsense going on there

ehazera
Senior MemberPosts: 1,947
Like?
In reply to uniqueview, Oct 30, 2011

Nonsense? These are mature, serious looking protesters.

Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,700Gear list
Like?
In reply to ehazera, Oct 30, 2011

ehazera wrote:

Nonsense? These are mature, serious looking protesters.

In Halloween costumes?
--
Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
Vadimka
Regular MemberPosts: 422Gear list
Like?

zzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I pass these people every day and I find them to be very irritating. I see a bunch of unemployable people running around and making a lot a noise. It is a big party to them. I don't see any of the shrinking middle class this 'protest' is supposed to represent.

Are you kidding me? First of all they are supposed to be heard and visible to get the message through. Second, we all should be grateful to them for doing a dirty work for us, for us who can't or don't want to get hands dirty.

Vadimka's gear list:Vadimka's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
BaristaW
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?

First of all... Even if you find these people annoying they are making a point for people like us you and me who probaly are the part of the 99%. You may not realize but the impact of this corporate grreed has been felt like all of us and the least we can do about it is be vocal about it and bring awareness about it. At least be grateful that they are taking time to protest for us rather then dismissing them as annoying.

Anyways this is not a political forum so this will be my last post on this.

Jere Landis
Like?
In reply to uniqueview, Oct 30, 2011

Maybe it's to keep from being bored, since thay have to be there so much. I appreciate them being there. I realize this isn't the proper forum, but things have to change or soon there will be problems beyond belief. Just look at the violence in other countries, and it can happen here. The money has to be eliminated from political campaigns. Everyone should demand it, until it is done!

zzzzzzzzzzz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,213
Like?
In reply to Jere Landis, Oct 30, 2011

By their appearance. Many of them look homeless, many of them look like young kids right out of school looking for a reason to camp out and party. Many also look like hippies.

Ever hear these people being interviewed? Many of them can't even articulate what they are protesting. They can protest all day if they like, what I find irritating is they are messing up my daily commute, every single day. They are also making a total mess in that small park they camp out in and all of the local business are upset because they all want to use their facilities and bathrooms. Lastly, they are costing the taxpayers miillions in Police overtime.

Jere Landis wrote:

How do you know they're unemployable?

FrankS009
Senior MemberPosts: 1,862Gear list
Like?

The protests of a society out of economic and financial control so that the few benefit and the rest of society suffers are general and intuitive as well as specific. This kind of revolt, not only by youth, will continue to grow. Do not despise the relatively vulnerable messengers of frustration and injustice. There are echoing protests in most of the major cities of the world.

The park is owned by a Canadian company who thought of evicting the protesters and changed its mind.
Enjoy the photos.

FrankS009's gear list:FrankS009's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
puttin
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,720Gear list
Like?
In reply to FrankS009, Oct 30, 2011

Owned by a Canadian company, that is part of our down fall. No other countries should be allowed to own USA land.

puttin's gear list:puttin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II +25 more
Jere Landis
Like?

ZZZZZZZZZZ

If it wasn't an inconvience for many, then it wouldn't be effective. That's what it is, OCCUPY, space so that attention is drawn to the problems. I don't think you believe there are problems and are satisfied with the statis quo. Where have you seen these people being interviewed, I would guess FOX, do you not know Fox is a right wing organization and never neutral on anything.

Vadimka
Regular MemberPosts: 422Gear list
Like?
In reply to zzzzzzzzzzz, Oct 31, 2011

zzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

By their appearance. Many of them look homeless, many of them look like young kids right out of school looking for a reason to camp out and party. Many also look like hippies.

Whats wrong with Young Kinds right out of school? - its their country as much as yours. I'm sure those kind would love to go and get nice paying job, instead of camping on the street and pis*ing in the jar.

Hippies? really? whats wrong with them? If it wasn't for Hippies, we probably still be fighting Vietnam war and still have Military Draft, segregation and other good things that probably would have been convenient to you.

Ever hear these people being interviewed? Many of them can't even articulate what they are protesting. They can protest all day if they like, what I find irritating is they are messing up my daily commute, every single day. They are also making a total mess in that small park they camp out in and all of the local business are upset because they all want to use their facilities and bathrooms. Lastly, they are costing the taxpayers millions in Police overtime.

Ever hear Tea Party and Republican Leaders being interviewed?

Really? Protesters costing taxpayers Millions?
How about Billions - that taxpayers spend for each day we stay in Middle East.
Or how about Trillion, thats how much Bank's mortgage scam cost us in bailouts.
Not to mention Trillions in intangible damages to American families.

You know what else my friend is inconvenient? Not having a job... and most of those people don't have one.

Vadimka's gear list:Vadimka's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
WC Wood
Senior MemberPosts: 1,624
Like?
Nice shots, esp. #2 and the last one.
In reply to sproket1, Oct 31, 2011
-- hide signature --

The movement in that second one makes for an interesting effect. Thanks for posting these.

W.C.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29320396@N05/show/
E-PL1
Digilux 2
LX3
FZ18
Nikon FM
AI 50 1.8
Leica CL w/40 cron
FED 2b
Exakta VXII

jimboyvr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,191
Like?
Re: Nice shots, esp. #2 and the last one.
In reply to WC Wood, Oct 31, 2011

Really solid pics, some artistic too.

What lens/camera??

sproket1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,715Gear list
Like?
Re: Nice shots, esp. #2 and the last one.
In reply to jimboyvr, Oct 31, 2011

All with E-PM1 with Panasonic 20 1.7 Thx

Ikeepem
Senior MemberPosts: 1,391Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jere Landis, Oct 31, 2011

Jere Landis wrote:

ZZZZZZZZZZ

If it wasn't an inconvience for many, then it wouldn't be effective. That's what it is, OCCUPY, space so that attention is drawn to the problems. I don't think you believe there are problems and are satisfied with the statis quo. Where have you seen these people being interviewed, I would guess FOX, do you not know Fox is a right wing organization and never neutral on anything.

-- hide signature --

"That's what it is, Occupy" with no solutions, only blaming BIG BAD CAPITALISM and it's evil ways...the ballot box works best.....

'I am what I am and that's all I am' Popeye 1960. Favorite famous Hollywood celebrity. Don't have time for the rest.....

Ikeepem's gear list:Ikeepem's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot S95 +42 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads