Started Oct 30, 2011 | Discussions
meanwhile
Contributing MemberPosts: 735Gear list
Like?
Two country shots (XZ-1)
Oct 30, 2011

Here's a couple of XZ-1 shots from a recent trip:

Larger size shots on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepowersthatbe/

Not entirely happy with that sky yet, that may change.

meanwhile's gear list:meanwhile's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN +7 more
ijustloveshooting
Senior MemberPosts: 1,875Gear list
Like?
2nd one is nice! thanks. nt
In reply to meanwhile, Oct 30, 2011
n/t
 ijustloveshooting's gear list:ijustloveshooting's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ken Sills
Regular MemberPosts: 490
Like?
Why is the Resolution so Low?
In reply to meanwhile, Oct 31, 2011

Nice shots, but I'm wondering why the "original" size on Flickr is only 2.5 megapixels? Did you reduce JPG resolution before uploading to Flickr? Or have the XZ-1 set to a lower resolution? Flickr will store a full resolution original making it not only a good place to exhibit your photos but also an on-line backup.

meanwhile
Like?
Re: Why is the Resolution so Low?
In reply to Ken Sills, Oct 31, 2011

I generally export to 50% size for Flickr, but I'd be happy to put up the full size images if you'd like. No-one has ever asked.

Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN +7 more
Digirame
Forum ProPosts: 29,596
Like?
Re: Two country shots (XZ-1)
In reply to meanwhile, Nov 1, 2011

Those are nice pictures...the reason the sky is bright like that in the first photo is because you were shooting into the light. Then if you got yourself in another position (where the light was at your back), you'd have to hop the fence and get kicked by the horse. I'm just guessing that there was a fence there. Where did you take this picture?

meanwhile
Like?
Re: Why is the Resolution so Low?
In reply to Ken Sills, Nov 1, 2011

Ken, the images are now up on Flickr at full resolution (albeit with a slightly different crop on one, and some updated PP, first ones were done on the laptop).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepowersthatbe/6291645618/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepowersthatbe/6291628068/in/photostream/

meanwhile
Like?
Re: Two country shots (XZ-1)
In reply to Digirame, Nov 1, 2011

Those are nice pictures...the reason the sky is bright like that in the first photo is because you were shooting into the light.

Thanks! Yep on the light, the sky looks completely blown at default exposure, but there is a surprising amount of cloud detail still in there.

Then if you got yourself in another position (where the light was at your back), you'd have to hop the fence and get kicked by the horse. I'm just guessing that there was a fence there.

No fence, was a couple of metres away in the paddock. The foal was starting to look like she was letting mum know she'd had enough, so I grabbed what I could before I left. Wanted to get one with the tail flick.

Where did you take this picture?

I've added location info on Flickr . They are from a small "town" (it's more like a service station, pub, and a few houses and farms) in New South Wales, Australia, called Sandy Hollow.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads