No result emails -- anyone else?

Started Oct 7, 2011 | Discussions
scooper1
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
No result emails -- anyone else?
Oct 7, 2011

For the past few days I haven't been receiving the usual "notice of result" emails regarding my challenge entries. I'm wondering if I'm alone or whether there's a DPR system problem.

DK Baker
Regular MemberPosts: 466Gear list
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else?
In reply to scooper1, Oct 7, 2011

I'm not getting mine either - last 2-3 days.
--
DK

 DK Baker's gear list:DK Baker's gear list
Sony Mavica CD500 Nikon Coolpix L120 Canon EOS 1100D Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tony Tomlin
Contributing MemberPosts: 565
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else?
In reply to DK Baker, Oct 7, 2011

Me neither, mind you with a recent LAST, I'd maybe prefer not to get them!!!
--
Tony

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tim_Owel
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else?
In reply to scooper1, Oct 7, 2011

Ad me to the list. I think it has been almost a week, since my last notification.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
RaptorUK
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266Gear list
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else?
In reply to scooper1, Oct 7, 2011

I should of had one for Japanese Cars 2 but didn't . . .

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

 RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
chdc
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else?
In reply to RaptorUK, Oct 7, 2011

Me too.

 chdc's gear list:chdc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lorrie Ness
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else?
In reply to chdc, Oct 7, 2011

I also haven't been receiving them.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
higrob24
Regular MemberPosts: 197Gear list
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else?
In reply to scooper1, Oct 7, 2011

Slightly different but for my last hosted challange. I received an email informing me of the results, only problem was the email arrived about 3days after the challange ended. So had already checked on DP. It does seem something is up.
--
Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdh24/

DpReview
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/4197567786

 higrob24's gear list:higrob24's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jmgir
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to higrob24, Oct 7, 2011

I got email notification for the Challenge Flower(s) with Insect(s) right on time, therefore I don't know. There is one item that's bothering me and this is in my profile, one of the post there has NOTHING to do with what I have posted in the Challenge and was definitively written by someone else. So there is something and it seems to have come just after the moment that we could Edit posts in the entries of Challenges.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jmgir
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to jmgir, Oct 7, 2011

Got this:

Commented on challenge entry - in the - Flower(s) with insect(s)- (Outdoors dayshot in Full Colours Only) challenge
Konica Hexar AF had a razor sharp lens...
13 hours ago

I didn't comment, I don't have Konica gear.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jmgir
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to jmgir, Oct 7, 2011

And this:
Commented on Obligatory Photographer Self-Portrait challenge

well my point was seeming as they admit to not having actually made anything (note their future tence), the claims about its performance seem a bit premature. hence my adding suggestions for the...
1 day ago

Didn't write this either.

Same problem and thus the notifications are sent to the wrong addresses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
RaptorUK
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266Gear list
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to jmgir, Oct 7, 2011

Taking a look at my Profile I see what you mean . . it is quite amusing for a couple of minutes though

Commented on Close-ups/Macros of Classic Cars-Read the Rules challenge
Hmm, well, it's ok, but it really just fruit with a hardish light pointed at it.

You didn't try very hard with the lighting did you?
1 day ago

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

 RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jmgir
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to RaptorUK, Oct 7, 2011

Yup! Sometime can't even understand what I had written.

But there is something wrong somewhere that needs to be looked at.

RaptorUK wrote:

Taking a look at my Profile I see what you mean . . it is quite amusing for a couple of minutes though

Commented on Close-ups/Macros of Classic Cars-Read the Rules challenge
Hmm, well, it's ok, but it really just fruit with a hardish light pointed at it.

You didn't try very hard with the lighting did you?
1 day ago

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
RaptorUK
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266Gear list
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to jmgir, Oct 7, 2011

I wonder how we are supposed to report issues like this back to DPR ? I've had no response when trying to contact them in the past . . .

jmgir wrote:
Yup! Sometime can't even understand what I had written.

But there is something wrong somewhere that needs to be looked at.

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

 RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Images by Kipper
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to RaptorUK, Oct 7, 2011

After reading your comment, did the same & found these 2 postings on my profile which are not mine -

Commented on challenge entry Me and my camera in the Obligatory Photographer Self-Portrait challenge 43th? really?...Thank you all who voted below 3!!! you offered me a great and loud laugh!
11 hours ago

Commented on challenge entry What's This Button Fo....... in the Obligatory Photographer Self-Portrait challenge Sounds impressive, but it would have been nice if had used a 1/1.6" sensor and hi res LCD.
11 hours ago

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jmgir
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to RaptorUK, Oct 7, 2011

Doesn't mean that your comment didn't get to them just that they looked at it and thought, Yes we will look at this later.......... and then forgotten.
What about the Feedback option at the bottom of the page, who knows.

RaptorUK wrote:

I wonder how we are supposed to report issues like this back to DPR ? I've had no response when trying to contact them in the past . . .

jmgir wrote:
Yup! Sometime can't even understand what I had written.

But there is something wrong somewhere that needs to be looked at.

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jmgir
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to Images by Kipper, Oct 7, 2011

Thanks, started to be concerned that it was only RaptorUK and I, but I am quite moderate in my posting.............

Images by Kipper wrote:

After reading your comment, did the same & found these 2 postings on my profile which are not mine -

Commented on challenge entry Me and my camera in the Obligatory Photographer Self-Portrait challenge 43th? really?...Thank you all who voted below 3!!! you offered me a great and loud laugh!
11 hours ago

Commented on challenge entry What's This Button Fo....... in the Obligatory Photographer Self-Portrait challenge Sounds impressive, but it would have been nice if had used a 1/1.6" sensor and hi res LCD.
11 hours ago

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jmgir
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to RaptorUK, Oct 7, 2011

RaptorUK wrote:

I wonder how we are supposed to report issues like this back to DPR ? I've had no response when trying to contact them in the past . . .

Just sent a note to the Feedback @DPreview, let see if anything happens.

jmgir wrote:
Yup! Sometime can't even understand what I had written.

But there is something wrong somewhere that needs to be looked at.

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tony Tomlin
Contributing MemberPosts: 565
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to jmgir, Oct 7, 2011

I haven't noticed erroneous entries in my profile but it is inaccurate in uploads, saying my last was 5 months ago. Probably development work is going astray!
--
Tony

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jmgir
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Re: No result emails -- anyone else, No got the last one?
In reply to Tony Tomlin, Oct 7, 2011

I think so because of the Edit window in the entries comments. So they are working on the site.

Tony Tomlin wrote:

I haven't noticed erroneous entries in my profile but it is inaccurate in uploads, saying my last was 5 months ago. Probably development work is going astray!
--
Tony

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads