x100 w/ interchangeable lenses announced?

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions
little jim
Forum MemberPosts: 92Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 FF -what mount?
In reply to alexzn, Oct 6, 2011

...and I've read the M-mount spec is now public domain (patent has expired). Putting premium quality lenses on a premium ILC makes good business sense, imo. If Fuji concentrated on a small number of very high quality ILC lenses, they'd make money with both bodies and lenses. How hard could it be to transform the current X100 23mm lens to M-mount? And the current X100 body to support M-mount? They's sell a ton of both X100M bodies and X100M (X100 M-mount ILC) lenses, and not all to the same folks. And no R&D costs!

Just dreaming...
--
little jim

little jim's gear list:little jim's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tariq
Senior MemberPosts: 1,507Gear list
Like?
X series will be "Premium" camera
In reply to Bobby Handal, Oct 7, 2011
 Tariq's gear list:Tariq's gear list
Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Pentax K-3
Raoul Duke
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
Re: X series will be "Premium" camera
In reply to Tariq, Oct 7, 2011

Tariq wrote:

and the sensor will not be the same size as any current sensor in a mirrorless camera - not M43 and not APS!

http://www.petapixel.com/2011/10/06/fujifilm-mirrorless-camera-system-will-pack-premium-sensor-not-m43/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PetaPixel+%28PetaPixel%29

I hope it will be square, with multiple crop options...

-- hide signature --

Raoul Duke

noobdprseller
Regular MemberPosts: 437Gear list
Like?
1.3x sensor size ?
In reply to Bobby Handal, Oct 7, 2011

I feel if it was FF, Fuji would have said so.

Since they make clear its not m4/3, not aps-c, and up in the air about FF, i guess it will be M8, Canon 1D 1.3x.
--

HCB "Photography has not changed since its origin except in its technical aspects, which for me are not important."

noobdprseller's gear list:noobdprseller's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix 4800 Zoom Sigma DP1 Samsung TL500 Olympus PEN E-P1
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,211Gear list
Like?
Re: anyone here understand Japanese?
In reply to Torode, Oct 7, 2011

Torode wrote:

Here is a better translation of the key passages of the Japanese article:

In addition, CEO Shigetaka Komori delcared Fuji’s intention to launch a mirrorless interchangeable lens system of the highest caliber, noting that the company intended to achieve a resolution and low-noise performance surpassing that of 35mm full-frame sensors. While Fuji had originally planned to announce this as the International CES in 2012, considering its opportunities for making announcements in Japan in the lead-up to this, it made a clear statement of its intention to enter the mirrorless market.

The company has no mock-ups or reference images whatsoever for the system it dubs the “X mirrorless interchangeable,” and said that it would clarify the details of the system at 2012 International CES.

Speaking about the segregation of the fixed-lens FinePix X100 and the X-S1 due for launch within the year, he remarked that "While I think the 26x zoom covers a wide range of scenarios, it has a limit... we hope to put that technology into a larger sensor and make it with interchangeable lenses."

• Thanks

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
CFynn
Like?
In reply to alexzn, Oct 7, 2011

alexzn wrote:

whtchocla7e wrote:

Why do you people want to put the M mount on everything?

Because the M-mount lenses kick a$$, and in aggregate deliver the best IQ per cubic inch of lens size (an ugly way of saying that these are the best small lenses in existence). If you make a body that takes M-mount lenses you instantly get access to a large pool of great glass. Redesigning the same lenses in a proprietary mount will take years. M-mount is not only Leica, it is also Cosina-Voigtlander which probably provides the higher price-performance ratio of any good lenses in existence.

Fuji made dome nice lenses for the XPan - and it was their own mount.

Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
CFynn
Like?
In reply to Adrian Seah, Oct 7, 2011

Adrian Seah wrote:

Most of the new Hasselblad H system use Fujinon auto focus lenses right? Now hows that for high end lenses. : )

As well as the lenses, I think the Hasselblad H system camera bodies may be built by Fuji

pastor_chuck
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
In reply to Optimus Primes, Dec 15, 2011

You are kidding, right? The reason is simply "the lenses."

Kirigoi
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Rebate?
In reply to pastor_chuck, Dec 15, 2011

So how about a rebate on the new camera for us loyal early adopters of the X-system?

I hope this isn't the only news they were planning to announce in January, I'd love a decent firmware update for my X100.

Kirigoi's gear list:Kirigoi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +3 more
jase
Contributing MemberPosts: 583Gear list
Like?
In reply to fastprime, Dec 16, 2011

The M mount is open to everyone now as the patent expired years ago. m mount would be good as it could take advantage of 100s of lenses already available, it would also enable easier transition for Leica users fed up with being fleeced by the red dot company.
--
jase

jase's gear list:jase's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Leica M9 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/21 ZM +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads