--
BLOG: http://itaibachar.blogspot.com/
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/itaib/

jacktorrance
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
Re: Some snaps from Berlin
In reply to itaibachar, Aug 25, 2011

Just out of curiosity can you please explain why you chose to upload these particular images from the whole set?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Roy Carter
Regular MemberPosts: 470
Like?
In reply to jacktorrance, Aug 26, 2011

they're kinda flat; pop 'em up a bit.

itaibachar
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
In reply to Roy Carter, Aug 27, 2011

Thanks.

Roy Carter wrote:

itaibachar
Like?
In reply to jacktorrance, Aug 27, 2011

What "set"?
The whole upload you see in my blog?
These ones seem more interesting to me.
You feel otherwise?
Thanks

jacktorrance wrote:

Just out of curiosity can you please explain why you chose to upload these particular images from the whole set?

jacktorrance
Like?
In reply to itaibachar, Aug 27, 2011

I don't mean any offence but the reason I asked the question is because I'm just not sure why you posted them.

Subject, composition, treatment - what are you seeing in these particular images that prompted you to post them here?

Just trying to get you to think about your images - I'm sure you could be more discerning with your selection.

itaibachar
Like?

Are you joking?
If not than, yes, you are offensive.
Thank you for letting me think about my pictures.

lordguest
Regular MemberPosts: 113
Like?

I don't think he's being offensive. Just wondering what makes you think these images should be shared. Did you want feedback on these images at all? The image with two people with their backs to us is rather uninteresting and as a previous poster said PP them a bit to get the best from them.

itaibachar
Like?
In reply to lordguest, Aug 27, 2011

Thank you (all) for your remarks and guidelines,

Itai

jacktorrance
Like?

Was simply trying to be helpful but you don't seem to be responding to implied criticism very well. I hadn't actually criticised any of your images but I'm happy to if you're ready to learn.

Whilst it may be a difficult concept to swallow some people are more experienced than others at photography. Some of those experienced people want to pass on their learning and help other people and, judging by your Berlin 'snaps' you need some guidance.

Glenn_Law
Regular MemberPosts: 368
Like?
In reply to Roy Carter, Aug 27, 2011

I like the "pop" you added. What did you do besides make it brighter?

Roy Carter wrote:

-- hide signature --

There, Their, They're. It's not that hard.

dholl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,115
Like?

jacktorrance wrote:

I don't mean any offence but the reason I asked the question is because I'm just not sure why you posted them.

Subject, composition, treatment - what are you seeing in these particular images that prompted you to post them here?

Just trying to get you to think about your images - I'm sure you could be more discerning with your selection.

I agree with Jack. As a fellow Berliner I would advise you to step up your quality control. Here in the city we are flooded with hobby photographers, if you want to stand out from the crowd you have to get much better.

If you're not interested in quality control, then why did you invest in a high-grade camera? A 1000D with Kit 18-55mm is sufficient for these kind of park snapshots and would leave you with much money left over.

But if you do want to get better, then it might be worth considering the responses you get when you post your efforts in this forum.

itaibachar
Like?

I want to learn, of course,
Thanks
Itai

jacktorrance wrote:

Was simply trying to be helpful but you don't seem to be responding to implied criticism very well. I hadn't actually criticised any of your images but I'm happy to if you're ready to learn.

Whilst it may be a difficult concept to swallow some people are more experienced than others at photography. Some of those experienced people want to pass on their learning and help other people and, judging by your Berlin 'snaps' you need some guidance.

dtuason
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,410Gear list
Like?
Follow Me...

itaibachar wrote:

I want to learn, of course,

Okay...follow me!

You put your right foot in,
You put your right foot out;
You put your right foot in,
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey-Pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

Cheers!

Danny Tuason

Thanks
Itai

jacktorrance wrote:

-- hide signature --

http://www.pbase.com/dtuason

When people lose everything and they have nothing left to lose, they lose it.

~ Gerald Celente

It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.

~ Henry Ford

dtuason's gear list:dtuason's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +17 more
Roy Carter
Regular MemberPosts: 470
Like?
In reply to Glenn_Law, Aug 27, 2011

Since I didn't have a RAW file, I just used curves in lab mode in p-shop to brighten and saturate. The biggest thing you got going wrong is the underexposure. As you bring that up, you find all kinds of extra detail and tones that just won't be there otherwise. You can set your EV to + 2/3 and that might help, or shoot raw and and expose to what you want from there. If nothing else, you can use just about any photo editor out there and mess with brightness, fill, and contrast and saturation. You can always make photo better in post processing (better meaning more to your taste).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads