Bryan Perterson wrote "Two new FX late September", not "August 24th..."

Started Aug 21, 2011 | Discussions
photoforfun
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,084
Like?
Bryan Perterson wrote "Two new FX late September", not "August 24th..."
Aug 21, 2011

Related to another thread I started ( http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=38899152 ) about Bryan Peterson who wrote on his facebook account that two new Nikon FX cams are coming I want to mention that he wrote that two new FX cameras are coming "late September", and not "late August" as many of us hope...
http://www.fotografie.fr/fotoforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1210

On August 10th somebody who is very well informed also wrote that there will be no new Nikon DSLR's announced on August 24th...
http://www.fotografie.fr/fotoforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1210&p=3607#p3599

I personally hope both B Peterson and the above mentioned are wrong and the D4 or D800 specs will make my mouth water wednesday... ...

I'm very curious, also for an eventual first mirror-less Nikon...
We'll see...
--
Kindest regards,
Stany
http://www.fotografie.fr/
http://www.fotografie.fr/fotoforum/index.php

I prefer one really good picture in a day over 10 bad ones in a second...

bloomoose
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,217Gear list
Like?
Re: Bryan Perterson wrote "Two new FX late September", not "August 24t
In reply to photoforfun, Aug 21, 2011

Thom Hogan seems to have some tidbit information on the sensor size of the upcoming mirrorless. It´s supposed to be 1", a 2.7 crop factor, so it will be rather small, smaller than µ43. I wonder how much IQ they will be able to extract from it. Nikon usually doesn´t throw premature products on the market, so I bet it will be as good as µ43.

As for the FX cameras, I am very interested in them and wish we would get more information about them earlier, as I don´t care about the Nikon mirrorless, I would rather buy a Fuji X100 once the AF issues have been solved or use my 3 NEXs with APS-C-sensors of performance similar with the Nikon D7000.

I still dream of a D700s, the D3x sensor in a smaller body ...

-- hide signature --
 bloomoose's gear list:bloomoose's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300 Nikon D600 Sony Alpha 7 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,008Gear list
Like?
Multiple links to one thread containing speculation ...

... about what Barry Peterson said on a Facebook account ... including an alleged quote stating "DX", followed by more speculation that that was a type and he meant "FX". The thread has fueled rumors all over the place, claiming that Barry's comments on timing ranged from "fall", August, or "late September".

And since when is Facebook a credible source for anything? Do you know how many "Barry Peterson's" there are on Facebook? I could create an account calling myself Santa Claus, and so could you.

Do you think a highly skilled photographer and Nikon expert, and author, would make a "DX" typo? Or let that stand uncorrected?

Do you think the real Barry Peterson, who makes part of living because of a good relationship with Nikon, would jeopardize that by leaking highly confidential information ... on Facebook?

Sorry Photo, but I think your enthusiasm for a new FX body is clouding your otherwise logical thinking a bit on this one!

I share your enthusiasm too. I would love to see a D4 come out next week, or next month, because then we will know how good the sensor and AF for the D700 replacement will be. I personally am not interested in a D700X or s, because I am hoping for a different AF, particularly more cross-types spread out more, like the Canon 1D. But I can see why some people would welcome an X or s version.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
photoforfun
Like?
Re: Multiple links to one thread containing speculation ...
In reply to ne beginner, Aug 21, 2011

ne beginner wrote:

... about what Barry Peterson said on a Facebook account ... including an alleged quote stating "DX", followed by more speculation that that was a type and he meant "FX". The thread has fueled rumors all over the place, claiming that Barry's comments on timing ranged from "fall", August, or "late September".

He clearly writes "Late September" as you can read yourself.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/bryan-peterson/new-nikons-are-coming-finally/10150244122039133

And since when is Facebook a credible source for anything? Do you know how many "Barry Peterson's" there are on Facebook?

It's "Bryan" Peterson...

I could create an account calling myself Santa Claus, and so could you.

Hijack Bryan Peterson's account and use his picture would lead to big troubles I think...
Check a bit more, it's definitely his account.

Do you think a highly skilled photographer and Nikon expert, and author, would make a "DX" typo? Or let that stand uncorrected?

Exactly an expert could make that typo, for them it's just another tool...

Do you think the real Barry Peterson, who makes part of living because of a good relationship with Nikon, would jeopardize that by leaking highly confidential information ... on Facebook?

Yes, leaking on purpose to make us prepared for buying... A very known PR technique which Nikon was using before as well (D200 and more...)

Sorry Photo, but I think your enthusiasm for a new FX body is clouding your otherwise logical thinking a bit on this one!

My name is Stany, and even though I'm enthusiast about D4 and/or D800 I don't loose ratiional thinking. This speculation is big fun though...

I share your enthusiasm too. I would love to see a D4 come out next week, or next month, because then we will know how good the sensor and AF for the D700 replacement will be. I personally am not interested in a D700X or s, because I am hoping for a different AF, particularly more cross-types spread out more, like the Canon 1D. But I can see why some people would welcome an X or s version.

Exiting times...

-- hide signature --

Kindest regards,
Stany

Robert Hoy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,572
Like?
Re: Multiple links to one thread containing speculation ...

photoforfun wrote:

ne beginner wrote:

He clearly writes "Late September" as you can read yourself.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/bryan-peterson/new-nikons-are-coming-finally/10150244122039133

And since when is Facebook a credible source for anything? Do you know how many "Barry Peterson's" there are on Facebook?

It's "Bryan" Peterson...

Yes and since he mistook his name he likely has no idea who Bryan Peterson is. Though Bryan is not a camera insider, he's a world wide known photographer and author and might have contact inside Nikon and possibly have tested new cameras for them.

I could create an account calling myself Santa Claus, and so could you.

Hijack Bryan Peterson's account and use his picture would lead to big troubles I think...

HetFotoAtelier
Regular MemberPosts: 495Gear list
Like?

Just heard from WELL INFORMED NIKON GUY this afternoon on one of the bigest open air photograficamarket in the Netherlands that NIKON RUMORS is wrong so guest what....... THERE WILL BE A D4

HetFotoAtelier's gear list:HetFotoAtelier's gear list
Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon D1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon Df +12 more
brunobarolo
Contributing MemberPosts: 949
Like?
In reply to HetFotoAtelier, Aug 21, 2011

Of course there will be a D4, the only question is when...

HetFotoAtelier wrote:

Just heard from WELL INFORMED NIKON GUY this afternoon on one of the bigest open air photograficamarket in the Netherlands that NIKON RUMORS is wrong so guest what....... THERE WILL BE A D4

photoforfun
Like?
In reply to HetFotoAtelier, Aug 21, 2011

HetFotoAtelier wrote:

Just heard from WELL INFORMED NIKON GUY this afternoon on one of the bigest open air photograficamarket in the Netherlands that NIKON RUMORS is wrong so guest what.......

I hope you are right...

THERE WILL BE A D4

...and I hope you mean coming wednesday, not next year...

-- hide signature --

Kindest regards,
Stany

ne beginner
Like?
Stany then ...

"followed by more speculation that that was a typo and he meant "FX". The thread has fueled rumors all over the place, claiming that Barry's comments on timing ranged from "fall", August, or "late September"."

"He clearly writes "Late September" as you can read yourself."

Directed at all speculation our there, here and elsewhere, by others citing "Bryan"'s Facebook post, not what he posted.

"Hijack Bryan Peterson's account and use his picture would lead to big troubles I think...
Check a bit more, it's definitely his account."

Again, pointing out (well intended to anyway ... my mistake if not clear) how one post on Facebook has floated a thousand rumors. Folks all over are mis-quoting his post, and correcting his alleged typo. Maybe he meant DX after all?

"Exactly an expert could make that typo, for them it's just another tool..."

Yes anyone can make a typo ... but for an author to let it stand uncorrected?

"Yes, leaking on purpose to make us prepared for buying... A very known PR technique which Nikon was using before as well (D200 and more...)"

Yes it is, and as such is the only possible explanation. But first this is not really a leak as much as a rumor and, second, companies often use rumor as deception and indirection. Which is the only thing that explains rumor of a D800 before a D4.

"My name is Stany, and even though I'm enthusiast about D4 and/or D800 I don't loose ratiional thinking. This speculation is big fun though..."

Yes, speculation is fun, and no dis-respect intended. Point is we can all get wrapped up in speculation sometimes.

Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
ne beginner
Like?
Oh, BRYAN .... opps
In reply to Robert Hoy, Aug 21, 2011

.... Good thing I'm not an author! Looks like no one is giving me a pass on my typo's...

Well, now that you've straightened me out on that one, now I know who wrote a couple of these books I have up on my shelf ...

Oscarroos
Senior MemberPosts: 2,914Gear list
Like?

It is 1:30 pm on the 21st where I live and 3:30 AM on the 22nd inTokyo. So, not a long wait to see what, if any, DSLR will be announced. I have no interest at this time for mirrowless so I may have to wait until Fall for what I'm wanting (not needing) in anew DSLR. -:)
--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22388579@N08/

Oscarroos's gear list:Oscarroos's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5700 Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 +13 more
GMack
Senior MemberPosts: 2,928
Like?
Best Buy warehouse has the D700 in stock.

Just checked online, and if you want a D700 you can get one in 3-5 days at almost any Best Buy store now. Local Best Buy store told me I could have one on the 25th if I wanted.

Don't know what that means in terms of a D800 or whatever coming out later, just odd they'd get their warehouse full of the D700 bodies now where a couple of weeks ago it was a rumor and maybe a few B-B stores had them in stock on the shelves.

Maybe a new D700s or D700x or something rather than a D800? If I were Best Buy's buyer, I'd be a bit upset if they go to a whole new model like a D800 after getting a boatload of D700 bodies in the warehouse.

Mack

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads