Is the NEX 7 real?

Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions
Kiril Karaatanasov
Senior MemberPosts: 1,861Gear list
Like?
Re: oh god, oh god ..
In reply to gfrensen, Aug 7, 2011

gfrensen wrote:

I think that Sony is aiming the Axx cameras at the real amateur that don't have a studio. I don't think that 99% of the Axx owners realy miss the studio capabilities of their cameras.
For the 1% it would be great if Sony could fix it.

The 1% is all photo trainings, strobist photography, shooting good macro, fashion, portraits....to me this is more like 30%

I do not get it this is the simplest thing that even Sony cameras used to have - ability to use a flash.

I guess until Sony PMs understand that lack of these simple things is hurting sales they will not budge.

This looks a bit like the Minolta 3600 flash - the only flash in human history that does not support manual mode....strange. Luckily someone at Sony came to their right mind and fixed this.

Kiril Karaatanasov's gear list:Kiril Karaatanasov's gear list
Sony Alpha 7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
gfrensen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,627
Like?
In reply to Kiril Karaatanasov, Aug 7, 2011

Kiril Karaatanasov wrote:

gfrensen wrote:

I think that Sony is aiming the Axx cameras at the real amateur that don't have a studio. I don't think that 99% of the Axx owners realy miss the studio capabilities of their cameras.

The 1% is all photo trainings, strobist photography, shooting good macro, fashion, portraits....to me this is more like 30%

Do you realy think thast 30% of all real amateurs (the ones that buy the Axx cameras)realy do this kind of photography in a way the problem shows up? You know that just a small % of the buyers of those cameras are reading this forum. Most peple are using their cameras with the build in flash (no problem there) to take pictures of their children, vacagtions famely outings etc. They don't cafre about srtrobes,external flashes, etc.

the portaits they do are done in natural light or with the flash, and juwst a small group takes a serious training. So I think the 30% is way to high, and the axx are doing fine in their 3ay of shooting

For the A77 it might be different, that camera can end up in mor studios, and other situations where this progblem can appear, I think that Sony will fix it for that camera, and lets hope that they use the same FW fix for the other Axx cameras.

I do not get it this is the simplest thing that even Sony cameras used to have - ability to use a flash.

Oh but they can use a flash, the bukild in flash works without a problem, only external flashes gives problems in some situations and ywes I do think Sony should fix that.

I guess until Sony PMs understand that lack of these simple things is hurting sales they will not budge.

Don't think it will budge their sales that much... Some people who found ways arround this problem and are using the camera in studios in a fine way. others wait for rthe
a77 to come and well thats a Sonhy too!

This looks a bit like the Minolta 3600 flash - the only flash in human history that does not support manual mode....strange. Luckily someone at Sony came to their right mind and fixed this.

seachicken2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,648Gear list
Like?
Re: Micro Four Thirds Not Necessarily 4:3 Aspect Sensor
In reply to fermy, Aug 7, 2011

It is both advantage and disadvantage. Something like Contax G Sonnar 90mm makes amazing tiny 180mm EFL tele on m4/3. Ditto for ubiquitous 135mm f2.8 lenses. So if you need tele, m4/3 has an advantage, if you want wider, NEX has an advantage.

This is true, although I suspect these lenses are best at or near their designed focal lengths. I've head it quite reasonably argued that owning both a NEX body and a m4/3 body can effectively double your lens collection.

Assuming the rumor is true, the NEX7 will be able to double your lens collection with a single body. A m4/3-sized crop of this sensor will contain about 15Mpixels - enough for a very decent image. I've never been a fan of "digital zooms", but in this case it seems to be a good idea.

-- hide signature --

A rose by any other name is still a chicken.

seachicken2000's gear list:seachicken2000's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +17 more
franzel
Contributing MemberPosts: 760
Like?
In reply to gfrensen, Aug 7, 2011

gfrensen wrote:

No offence, but the '99% of users' argument usually indicates BS .

Be it as it may, a system that is not featuring an ISO hotshoe, or at least a standard flash sync cord socket, is positioned in the market as low tier amateur gear .

What's baffling, technologically, there is no reason why such a simple feature shouldn't be included .
As for marketing, I don't get it either .

Proprietary technology and denying the customer basic functionality isn't working in the long run .

Imho.

gfrensen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,627
Like?
In reply to franzel, Aug 7, 2011

franzel wrote:

gfrensen wrote:

No offence, but the '99% of users' argument usually indicates BS .

Be it as it may, a system that is not featuring an ISO hotshoe, or at least a standard flash sync cord socket, is positioned in the market as low tier amateur gear .

And thatg is what the current Axx cameras are. they are not for the great semi pro shooters, just for amateurs, who don't have any studio, who don't care for ringlights for macro who have justr one or two lenses, who may or may not buy one external flaxh, but mostly use the build in flash.

It is the camera for the "soccer moms" Why let them pay more for their camera by adding features they never use? For the few people who wannt to use it as a spare studio camera? Remeber, every feature costs. Remember I said I would like Sony to fix the problem that exists with the studio flash and the screen....

What's baffling, technologically, there is no reason why such a simple feature shouldn't be included .
As for marketing, I don't get it either .

Proprietary technology and denying the customer basic functionality isn't working in the long run .

Imho.

pako
Senior MemberPosts: 1,557Gear list
Like?
Re: Another troll?
In reply to Patman888, Aug 7, 2011

People are anxious about the new cameras (and the technology that came with them) nice moment for this kind of questions....

-- hide signature --

Pako Dominguez
-----------------------
http://www.phototeka.net

pako's gear list:pako's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads