Reset Ink Level

Started Aug 5, 2011 | Discussions
LondonON
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
Reset Ink Level
Aug 5, 2011

Anybody know how to reset the ink level for a canon MP280. I've just refilled the carts for the first time but can't get the error light to go off. Thanks

Scott

Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,486
Like?
You need a chip resetter...
In reply to LondonON, Aug 5, 2011

for the cartridges.

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
LondonON
Like?
Re: You need a chip resetter...
In reply to Petruska, Aug 6, 2011

PG-210/CL-211 carts don't have resetter's available that I can find.

Vernon D Rainwater
Forum ProPosts: 11,887
Like?
Re: Reset Ink Level
In reply to LondonON, Aug 6, 2011

LondonON wrote:

Anybody know how to reset the ink level for a canon MP280. I've just refilled the carts for the first time but can't get the error light to go off. Thanks

Scott

Scott, using Google; I found the following link that may be helpful for you.
http://resetcanon.com/reset-canon-mp280-pixma-inkjet-all-in-one-printer/

I don't have Canon Printers but the information appears to be logical and worth considering. Your choice (or decision) , however.

I don't know what error message you get so have no idea if that will work for resetting your ink cartridges so to function normally. The other details regarding "contact Technical group" may be just a way to get your money and not provide a solution -- who knows, however; I never use that type of services.
--
Vernon...

Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,486
Like?
You are correct....
In reply to LondonON, Aug 6, 2011

there isn't a chip resetter available, there most likley will be one in the future.

If you don't care about the ink level monitoring system and at this point if you are refilling then you won't be, try this....

Note: After refilling, your printer will read the cartridge as empty. You may have to hold

down the paper- feed button for 5 seconds to override the ink level counter. Each time

the cartridge is removed from the printer an "empty cartridge" message appears and

blinking amber light will come on, on the printer. Holding the paper feed button down for
5 sec. will allow you to override the counter.

Just remember that Canon print heads are cooled by the ink flow, if you continue to print while over-riding the ink monitor system and and the cartridge that looks full on the ink monitor really isn't, then when you run out of ink and you don't know it and you continued to print, there is a chance that you will fry the print head.

The other alternative is to buy a set of refillable cartridges with auto-reset chips off ebay. The OEM carts are still the best for print quality, so you either use the new refillable ones and if they don't live up to the print quality of the OEM carts just swap the auto-reset chips from the refillables to the OEM carts. The positve side with these chips is that when they say that they are empty there is about 10% ink left in the cartridge (can't fry print head) and the printer still just stops until you remove the cart and replace (refill) it, the ink level then goes to 100% full again. The only down side of the AR Chips is that you need to have the cartridge go empty to reset it. Thus you can't just pull all the carts when you feel like and refill them all at once, it is a pain, but that is part of cheap refilling.

Good luck....

Bob P.

Bob P.

LondonON
Like?
Re: Reset Ink Level
In reply to Vernon D Rainwater, Aug 7, 2011

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

http://resetcanon.com/reset-canon-mp280-pixma-inkjet-all-in-one-printer/

Tried that and a bunch of other similar ideas I googled... none worked for me.

LondonON
Like?
Re: You are correct....
In reply to Petruska, Aug 7, 2011

Petruska wrote:

The other alternative is to buy a set of refillable cartridges with auto-reset chips off ebay. The OEM carts are still the best for print quality, so you either use the new refillable ones and if they don't live up to the print quality of the OEM carts just swap the auto-reset chips from the refillables to the OEM carts. The positve side with these chips is that when they say that they are empty there is about 10% ink left in the cartridge (can't fry print head) and the printer still just stops until you remove the cart and replace (refill) it, the ink level then goes to 100% full again. The only down side of the AR Chips is that you need to have the cartridge go empty to reset it. Thus you can't just pull all the carts when you feel like and refill them all at once, it is a pain, but that is part of cheap refilling.

Good luck....

Bob P.

Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find any AR carts on ebay though. I'll keep any eye out.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads