Video Editing Software

Started Jun 28, 2011 | Discussions
woodenshoe
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
Video Editing Software
Jun 28, 2011

What software is being used for editing the NEX 5 video?

Tjeburashka
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Re: Video Editing Software
In reply to woodenshoe, Jun 28, 2011

I use sony vegas studio HD. Not expensive, very full featured and supports the video files straight out of the camera no conversion needed.

There are other packages in this price range but in my opinion no other had the feature-set/price balance of vegas HD. For 125 dollar you even get dvd authoring software (i don't use it that much, but handy at times) and audio-editing software (I use it a lot) with it. Some people complain that the learning curve for the program is steeper than some other consumer grade editors. I had no problems though, took me an afternoon at most to figure most out.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tjeburashka
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
In reply to Tjeburashka, Jun 28, 2011

p.s. I am on PC, on mac final cut express is a great editor. I don't know though if they support the videofiles straight out of the Nex, although I suspect so. Someone else on this forum surely can enlighten you on this issue.

Ozett
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
In reply to Tjeburashka, Jun 28, 2011

iMovie does that very well, directly from the SD card

jazzroy1972
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
In reply to Ozett, Jun 28, 2011

I do agree:

on PC Sony Vegas Studio HD Platinum is great and does almost everything (and more) that Premiere can do (but it's x 4 the price).

on Mac the newly announced Final Cut Pro X really makes iMovie look a toy for children.

Both Vegas and Final Cut are below 200$

GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,582Gear list
Like?
In reply to woodenshoe, Jun 28, 2011

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and Sony Vegas Pro 10, both x64.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio and Adobe Premiere Elements are the siblings to the adults listed above. Both very good editors.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'

• Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 +41 more
Gener1c
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
In reply to GodSpeaks, Jun 28, 2011

GodSpeaks wrote:

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and Sony Vegas Pro 10, both x64.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio and Adobe Premiere Elements are the siblings to the adults listed above. Both very good editors.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'

• Rayna Butler

Any good plugins for either for color correction? I slowly learning Premiere but do no like the way it handles it.

Gener1c's gear list:Gener1c's gear list
Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads