Forum ProPosts: 16,896Gear list
Like?
Leica CL, .....
In reply to PipelineExplorer, Jul 10, 2011

28mm, 40mm and 90mm lenses.

Maybe I would leave the 40mm at home.

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
petr marek
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
Re: The World Camera!!!???
In reply to PipelineExplorer, Jul 11, 2011

My recommendation would be not big and not heavy:

Panasonic GH2 + 20/f1,7, 14-42 - best full HD video with autofocus, great image quality at any situation, small, fast, excellent, underwater case Dicapac WP-H10 - optimal choice. I tried on my trip to Mexico, Belize and Guatemala - difficult conditions, no problem.

Sigma DP1 or DP2(s,x) - small package of Foveon (SD15 too heavy) - 3-layered sensor with incredible tonality for extrabeautiful photographic images (excels in good light or long exposures at ISO 100, not suitable for high ISO/low light, slow).

imabel
Contributing MemberPosts: 740Gear list
Like?
Re: The World Camera!!!???
In reply to PipelineExplorer, Jul 11, 2011

Keeping it real and affordable it would either be my G1 (video not important for me) with a 14-45 and a 45-200 which I already have. If I needed video I would add the G2 body and put one lens on each body. These two would meet all my current needs and them some, but YMMV. At my age I need to keep the camera close to the body for stability and I love the EVF and tilt screen when needed.
Mike

imabel's gear list:imabel's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads