D200 and Rose C&C welcome

Started Jun 13, 2011 | Discussions
Cytokine
Contributing MemberPosts: 626
Like?
D200 and Rose C&C welcome
Jun 13, 2011

Although it is the hardest f stop to use on this lens especially in the windy conditions by the sea where I live, I seem to prefer the look of 1.4 despite its very narrow depth of field taken with Nikon 50mm 1.4D (1/320 f1.4)

John

Gale Bizet
Forum ProPosts: 15,258Gear list
Like?
Re: D200 and Rose C&C welcome
In reply to Cytokine, Jun 13, 2011

Beautiful flower. Who does not love reoses:> )))
I think the comp could be improved and cropped.

Color looks accurate to me. I have a D200 and the color can be reliable. Not harsh.

I think I would search flowers and roses and see what time of day might be better. I usually shoot in morning or evening light. Both are a tad different.

Keep shooting. Enjoy
--
Nikon Gal
Best Regards
Gale

http://www.pbase.com/techwish

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Cytokine
Like?
In reply to Gale Bizet, Jun 13, 2011

Gale Bizet wrote:

Beautiful flower. Who does not love reoses:> )))
I think the comp could be improved and cropped.

Color looks accurate to me. I have a D200 and the color can be reliable. Not harsh.

I think I would search flowers and roses and see what time of day might be better. I usually shoot in morning or evening light. Both are a tad different.

Thanks Gale,

This was shot in evening light but is behind a hedge and between entrance rails and a hedge with a drain pipe next to it so composition is limited.

John

Gale Bizet
Like?

lol
Calls for some creative repositioning:> )))

Perhaps even put a peice of black behind it. Zoom in a bit closer to the rose and perhaps kneel down and shoot upwards at it:> )))

I hate it when that happens.
Yes the color is very pleasant.
F 1.4 does not to be a prob with that light
--
Nikon Gal
Best Regards
Gale

Cytokine
Like?
In reply to Gale Bizet, Jun 13, 2011

Gale Bizet wrote:

lol
Calls for some creative repositioning:> )))

Perhaps even put a peice of black behind it. Zoom in a bit closer to the rose and perhaps kneel down and shoot upwards at it:> )))

Did that last year with this same rose plant using white paper. I particularly like the colour of its flowers. So far only 1 rose this year!

Gale Bizet
Like?

Now That is a beauty.. You have it nailed. Can do again. hahah try with different colors.
See you knew all along.
--
Nikon Gal
Best Regards
Gale

HSway
Senior MemberPosts: 2,722
Like?
In reply to Cytokine, Jun 14, 2011

It’s very nice both.. I’d close the frame on both sides right close to the first distinct contours (left and right side) - on the first image. Something special I often like in your extra large aperture flowers. Besides, flowers are so difficult models to capture in a photograph. I say they have to be persuaded .:-)

Thanks for sharing,

Hynek
--

http://www.sunwaysite.com

Cytokine
Like?
In reply to HSway, Jun 14, 2011

HSway wrote:

It’s very nice both.. I’d close the frame on both sides right close to the first distinct contours (left and right side) - on the first image. Something special I often like in your extra large aperture flowers. Besides, flowers are so difficult models to capture in a photograph. I say they have to be persuaded .:-)

Thanks Hynek,

There is a lovely reddish colour on the rose leaves this year which is why I left both sides less cropped than usual, but I take your point. I look forward to, as you say a little persuasion if we get any more good condition roses. The weather this year has been strange and perfect roses not as abundant.

John

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads