Sony HVL-F42AM Digital Camera Flash

Started Jun 11, 2011 | Discussions
George
Senior MemberPosts: 1,357
Like?
Sony HVL-F42AM Digital Camera Flash
Jun 11, 2011

Is the Sony HVL-F42AM Digital Camera Flash fully compatible with the Minolta 5D? does it expose on the money? Will I be happy with this flash for general photography? Mostly for the grand kids in school plays and such.. Also is it compatible with all the new Sony's when my 5D dies? I'm thinking of a new one for $299. Hows that for pricing? Thanks! George
--
George
5D
Gear is listed under my Profile.

mosava
Regular MemberPosts: 336Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony HVL-F42AM Digital Camera Flash
In reply to George, Jun 12, 2011

I have no problem with my F42 and my KM5D. Everything works, including wireless remote and HSS.
--
Just passing by...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
George
Senior MemberPosts: 1,357
Like?
In reply to mosava, Jun 12, 2011

Thanks for your reply.. I also see that there is another less powerful flash but it's more money and it has a lower guide number of only 48 it's model # is HVL-F43AM Compact External Flash At $349. Why is it more money? The Sony HVL-F42AM has a guide # of 138 can some of you explain the differences and why the less powerful flash is more money? What one would I be better off with? George

-- hide signature --

George
5D
Gear is listed under my Profile.

JusLookN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,987Gear list
Like?
In reply to George, Jun 22, 2011

George, that is a mistake on the GN of the 42. It is not as much as the newer HVL- 43. Sorry ! Actually the corresponding numbers of the flash are the guide numbers. the 43 has the quick shift bounce feature of the HVL-58AM which is unique to the Sony 58 and 43 flash series.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0806/08062001sonyhvlf58am.asp

-- hide signature --

Glenn

I'm kinda partial to video, but I'm hangin!

JusLookN's gear list:JusLookN's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads