Sad News...

Started May 4, 2011 | Discussions
Cytokine
Contributing MemberPosts: 626
Like?
Re: Sad News...
In reply to Jack Frazier, May 10, 2011

It is difficult to put into words the sadness I felt on hearing this news, understanding why is easier, Ronnie's work talked to all of us in a unique way, his perception of the beauty of nature was conveyed in each and every image with such perfection and talent that it left even the harshest critic silent. His inspiration to this forum is without parallel and I hope his Webb site will remain to guide future generations to appreciate and protect our beautiful and fragile planet. My deepest sympathies to Ronnie's family.

John

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Devendra
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,573Gear list
Like?
his images left quite an imprint will live on to inspire us..

Condolences to Ronnie's family members. This definitely is a huge loss for this forum. His pictures were always awe inspiring and will continue to live on to inspire us.

His D200 images, especially of birds, were not only beautiful, the quality and clarity in them would make me wonder about the technique in creating the visual feast for us.

Jack Frazier wrote:

Ronnie Gaubert who gave so much to this forum has passed away.

From his Facebook page:

From the family of Ronald Gaubert. Ronnie has passed away this evening at 5:00. He will be at Alexander Funeral Home in Norco, La. 700769. Ph# 985-764-6249. Time has not been determined yet. We want to thank everyone for their support and prayers. He will be missed.
--
jack
pbase & dpreview supporter
For my latest pics, click the link below
http://www.pbase.com/jackfrazier

'You never get a second chance to make a first impression'

Devendra's gear list:Devendra's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha NEX-3N
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,987Gear list
Like?

My most sincere condolences. I only just saw this as I now inhabit another forum. Even last night I was sending links to Ronnie's pages to inspire other photographers. Ronnie always did that - he inspired us. He was unstinting with advice whenever asked. The forums will not seem the same without Ronnie Gaubert but he will be remembered by all of us who were inspired by his work and who benefited from his advice.

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +10 more
HSway
Senior MemberPosts: 2,662
Like?
In reply to Jack Frazier, May 11, 2011

Shocking and unexpected.

Very sad news .................

You are walking on with us Ronnie.

Hynek

-- hide signature --
Humanoid
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,461Gear list
Like?

Coming home from Yosemite this last Sunday, I was saying to my wife, "I was hoping that some how Ronnie could beat this terrible disease". This is terrible news and I'm devastated, as many others are. We have lost one of the best.

Ronnie's work always leaves a lasting impression. At times, I would kid around saying "Ronnie was not from this world", as his images are that good!

Ronnie's mastery of his craft was and still is second to none in my book and one couldn't help, but to get lost in the beauty and inspiration of Ronnie Gaubert's images.

RIP Ronnie you will be missed!

Blessings,

Ray

Humanoid's gear list:Humanoid's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 +7 more
RBFresno
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,160Gear list
Like?
Re: Ronnie left a wonderful legacy...

Hi!

I'm at work now, having just read the sad, but not unexpected news.

Ronnie was of course an inspiration to me, and I had frequently thought, "If I ever get down to Louisiana again, Ronnie Gaubert is the one person I'd love to meet".

I hope that his family considers maintaining his pbase site (to which I've referred numerous photographers seeking inspiration) as part of sharing his legacy.

Every once in awhile, I get a shot or two that reminds me of Ronnie (not as good, but I have a role model on what I'd like to eventually be able to capture, and I'm thankful for that)....:

Nikon D3 ,Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF-ED AF-S VR ,TC-14 EII
1/500s f/3.2 at 280.0mm iso200

Nikon D3 ,Nikkor AF-S 500mm f/4G ED VR
1/3200s f/4.5 at 500.0mm iso800

Nikon D3 ,Nikkor AF-S 500mm f/4G ED VR ,TC-14E-II
1/250s f/5.6 at 700.0mm iso800

Nikon D2h ,Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S VR
1/250s f/7.1 at 550.0mm iso200

What a loss.....

RB

http://www.pbase.com/rbfresno/profile

RBFresno's gear list:RBFresno's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +16 more
DiverX
Senior MemberPosts: 2,131Gear list
Like?
What a shame....
In reply to Jack Frazier, May 12, 2011

He was someone I never met yet someone I thought I knew because of a connection we had through seeing his work here. Such a talented photographer and yet someone who shared his knowledge with others freely.

Hated to read this very sad news but glad to have had the opportunity to see his visions along the way.

He will missed for sure. Rest in peace Ronnie !
--
George DeCamp
http://www.decamp.net

DiverX's gear list:DiverX's gear list
Nikon D4
DaniLew
Regular MemberPosts: 122Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jack Frazier, May 14, 2011

A lovely man with a great mind for image making.

God Bless his family in this sad time.

-- hide signature --
 DaniLew's gear list:DaniLew's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
David Nall
Forum ProPosts: 13,349Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jack Frazier, May 15, 2011

Jack Frazier wrote:

Ronnie Gaubert who gave so much to this forum has passed away.

From his Facebook page:

From the family of Ronald Gaubert. Ronnie has passed away this evening at 5:00. He will be at Alexander Funeral Home in Norco, La. 700769. Ph# 985-764-6249. Time has not been determined yet. We want to thank everyone for their support and prayers. He will be missed.

Thank you so much for letting us know. He was a great contributor here on the forum, and I always enjoyed his posts. We all will miss him very much. Dave

jack
pbase & dpreview supporter
For my latest pics, click the link below
http://www.pbase.com/jackfrazier

'You never get a second chance to make a first impression'

-- hide signature --
 David Nall's gear list:David Nall's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
cut_la_roc
Regular MemberPosts: 281
Like?
In reply to David Nall, May 17, 2011

Very sad news - I've just been browsing some of his photos and it's clear that he was a very gifted photographed and also someone who strongly contributed to the dpreview community.

A great loss.
--
++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.flickr.com/his_baldness/
++++++++++++++++++++++

Dileep Kumar
Contributing MemberPosts: 694
Like?
In reply to cut_la_roc, May 17, 2011

It's difficult for everyone here to come in terms with this sad news.

He was more than a great photographer. One who willingly dedicated his time to groom others.

I considered him as a "Guru". I wouldn't have been what I'm now without his time to time guidance.

My prayers to his soul.

Kind regards,
Dileep

tinmanrrtx
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
In reply to Jack Frazier, May 18, 2011

Sad news indeed... Ronnie will be missed.
--
tinmanrrtx

AvertedVision
Senior MemberPosts: 1,146
Like?

So very sad! He was a genuinely nice guy as well as being an outstanding photographer.

He's immortalized on my computer because I named a much used Photoshop 'action' after him (a slightly altered version of a downsizing/sharpening sequence that he shared with the forum a while back).

atle
Regular MemberPosts: 367
Like?

wow.
that really is sad.
he really had a lot of very good work.

my thoughts is to the family.

-- hide signature --

~ Atle ~
~ Captured by Nikon ~

upnorth47
Regular MemberPosts: 148
Like?
In reply to atle, May 19, 2011

Ronnie's photos will continue to inspire us and his posts on this forum will continue to educate us. Ronnie inspired countless photographers to greater heights by sharing his photography and knowledge, Ronnie will be greatly missed.
Ronnie, May you rest in peace and enjoy all God's beauty from above.
My sympathy to Ronnie's family and friends.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads