HX100V More Pics.

Started Apr 7, 2011 | Discussions
ASR45
Forum ProPosts: 31,898Gear list
Like?
HX100V More Pics.
Apr 7, 2011

Apologies, for more flowers but you have to work with what you have.

Regards Alan,

Did i say im loving this camera, WELL I DO.

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 II Canon EOS 6D +7 more
Aisse Gaertner
Contributing MemberPosts: 572
Like?
Re: HX100V More Pics.
In reply to ASR45, Apr 7, 2011

Lovely photos!

Do you know if the digital zoom can be used in video recordings?

The maximum optical zoom + digital zoom is 60x?

regards,

Aisse

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ASR45
Like?
In reply to Aisse Gaertner, Apr 7, 2011

Aisse Gaertner wrote:

Lovely photos!

Do you know if the digital zoom can be used in video recordings?

Dont know, i dont do Video.

The maximum optical zoom + digital zoom is 60x?

I must ry the DZ some day

Alan.

regards,

Aisse

HamMan
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
Re: HX100V More Pics--question?
In reply to ASR45, Apr 7, 2011

Hi Alan,

I also appreciate your photos and comments. After a recent cruise to the Caribbean, I realized that my loyal dslr (Olympus E-1) is getting too heavy for my aging body and neck, especially when traveling. At the time of the cruise I was 3 weeks away from rotator cuff surgery, so the camera seemed even heavier.

Originally was interested in the Fuji HS20, but after a lot of reading (including your postings) have just about decided on the HX100.

Looking on the Sony site and other places cannot determine if the HX100 has full manual mode for still photography. I actually enjoy taking a Sekonic light meter at times when time is plentiful and I want to experiment. Looking at a top view of the camera I notice the "M" on the dial, so assuming it has a manual mode. I know it does not shoot raw which I appreciate sometime, but that is ok. The Sony site only states "program" mode, unless I'm missing it.

Thanks again for your informative comments, photos and taking the time to answer my question.

John (from little Rhode Island)

Aisse Gaertner
Contributing MemberPosts: 572
Like?
In reply to HamMan, Apr 7, 2011

HamMan wrote:

Hi Alan,

I also appreciate your photos and comments. After a recent cruise to the Caribbean, I realized that my loyal dslr (Olympus E-1) is getting too heavy for my aging body and neck, especially when traveling. At the time of the cruise I was 3 weeks away from rotator cuff surgery, so the camera seemed even heavier.

Originally was interested in the Fuji HS20, but after a lot of reading (including your postings) have just about decided on the HX100.

Looking on the Sony site and other places cannot determine if the HX100 has full manual mode for still photography. I actually enjoy taking a Sekonic light meter at times when time is plentiful and I want to experiment. Looking at a top view of the camera I notice the "M" on the dial, so assuming it has a manual mode. I know it does not shoot raw which I appreciate sometime, but that is ok. The Sony site only states "program" mode, unless I'm missing it.

Thanks again for your informative comments, photos and taking the time to answer my question.

I think that he is gonna say: "I don't know"

Jerry Stevens
Senior MemberPosts: 2,388
Like?
In reply to HamMan, Apr 7, 2011

Hi John,

The Sony HX100V definitely has manual mode, which is the "M" on the dial:

-- hide signature --

Jerry (Gerald L. Stevens)

Beau Brownie
Forum MemberPosts: 71
Like?
In reply to Aisse Gaertner, Apr 7, 2011

Well I do! The answer is yes, it does indeed have full manual control. Sony states that the "HX100V offers full manual controls like a DSLR."

The following link has more info:

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Sony-Cyber-shot-DMC-HX100V-First-Impressions-Review/Controls.htm

Good luck with your choice!

HamMan
Like?
In reply to Jerry Stevens, Apr 7, 2011

Thanks for all the help to my question on manual. Yes, I thought this would/should have a full manual mode.

Thank you,
John

ASR45
Like?
In reply to HamMan, Apr 8, 2011

HamMan wrote:

Hi Alan,

John, there is a Manual zoom button on the lens barrel a little stiff on the lens ring but usable works ok.

ASR45
Like?
In reply to Aisse Gaertner, Apr 8, 2011

Aisse Gaertner wrote:

HamMan wrote:

Hi Alan,

I think that he is gonna say: "I don't know"

Bloody hell you are Physic.

HamMan
Like?
In reply to ASR45, Apr 8, 2011

Hi Alan,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I really think your photos are very nice with the HX100V! This camera seems to be very versatile for capturing memories and just having fun making pictures (IMHO). It is amazing to me what this camera and others in this category can do using current technology. I paid 3x the price for my dslr which I still enjoy, but this camera will also be a nice addition for enjoying the hobby.

The manual mode I am referring to is where you can set the aperture and shutter to obtain the exposure you want. Some others also answered this question (which I appreciate also), so I am all set with the answer.

Thanks again and keep your comments and photos coming.

John

ASR45
Like?

HamMan wrote:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I really think your photos are very nice with the HX100V! This camera seems to be very versatile for capturing memories and just having fun making pictures (IMHO). It is amazing to me what this camera and others in this category can do using current technology. I paid 3x the price for my dslr which I still enjoy, but this camera will also be a nice addition for enjoying the hobby.

The manual mode I am referring to is where you can set the aperture and shutter to obtain the exposure you want. Some others also answered this question (which I appreciate also), so I am all set with the answer.

Thanks again and keep your comments and photos coming.

John

Thanks John, appreciated.

HamMan
Like?
In reply to ASR45, Apr 8, 2011

Hi Alan,

Sorry with all these questions.

Do you think a screen protector is a good idea for the 3" lcd? I have purchased in the past for my ipod and it does protect. Use the InvisibleShield brand which is very good. Anyway, just your thoughts on this when you get the time--thanks.

John

ASR45
Like?

HamMan wrote:

Hi Alan,

Sorry with all these questions.

Do you think a screen protector is a good idea for the 3" lcd? I have purchased in the past for my ipod and it does protect. Use the InvisibleShield brand which is very good. Anyway, just your thoughts on this when you get the time--thanks.

I dont use any screen protector, although it might be a good idea, as the weather is warm, one gets ones greasy nose all over the LCD LOL

John

ASR45
Like?
In reply to HamMan, Apr 9, 2011

HamMan wrote:

Hi Alan,

yes sorry on mode dial, has the manual switch on lens barrel for manual focus works well Alan.

Lofi
Regular MemberPosts: 167
Like?
In reply to ASR45, Apr 10, 2011

Hello Alan,

may I ask a favor? What's your opinion about the quality of the pictures below in comparison to the HX100V? You can find the full size in my gallery. The pictures aren't mine, but from a friend.

I'm still undecided. Currently I'm thinking about getting the HX9V only for videos and keeping my other Sony for the pictures. I don't know. All I know is that I hoped that Sony could do better than Nikon. I really want to stick with Sony. Maybe you see an advantage in the HX100V that I don't see?

Thanks & best regards
Lofi

ASR45
Like?
In reply to Lofi, Apr 10, 2011

Lofi wrote:

Hello Alan,

may I ask a favor? What's your opinion about the quality of the pictures below in comparison to the HX100V? You can find the full size in my gallery. The pictures aren't mine, but from a friend.

I'm still undecided. Currently I'm thinking about getting the HX9V only for videos and keeping my other Sony for the pictures. I don't know. All I know is that I hoped that Sony could do better than Nikon. I really want to stick with Sony. Maybe you see an advantage in the HX100V that I don't see?

Thanks & best regards
Lofi

Dont like the first one, the others are ok, my opinion i have had loads of cams, Nikon, canon, fuji ect, and the one of the best to date is the HX100V the carl zeiss lens rock and IQ A1, what more can i say.

Alan.

Mitul
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
In reply to ASR45, Apr 10, 2011

Can we get head-to-head in depth comparison for FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR VS Sony DSC-HX100V. That will be really helpful.

Thanks.

ASR45
Like?
In reply to Mitul, Apr 10, 2011

Mitul wrote:

Can we get head-to-head in depth comparison for FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR VS Sony DSC-HX100V. That will be really helpful.

Thanks.

Indeed, except i only have the HX100V and dont have the HS20, if you go on the FUJI forum plenty shots there plus there is a thread running on problems with the HS20 overheating ect, its as long as my arm.

Say a lot dont it

Alan.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads