a300 broken screen

Started Feb 11, 2011 | Discussions
akyr0s
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
a300 broken screen
Feb 11, 2011

had a little accident,camera works fine but the lcd is caput,broken and useless,i can manage without it,(everything exept the iso)

anyone knows the cost of such repair?

Kilrah
Senior MemberPosts: 2,565Gear list
Like?
Re: a300 broken screen
In reply to akyr0s, Feb 11, 2011

About $25 if you buy a spare LCD on ebay and replace it yourself, they are very easy to find

Kilrah's gear list:Kilrah's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
TrojMacReady
Senior MemberPosts: 8,473
Like?
Fix..

akyr0s wrote:

had a little accident,camera works fine but the lcd is caput,broken and useless,i can manage without it,(everything exept the iso)

anyone knows the cost of such repair?

As Kilrah posted, they are both easy to find on Ebay and the replacement is very easy too.

Here's how you replace it (don't have to open up the camera!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP0Yr4YXM9Y

Check which version you have, as there were 2 different versions, the Sony and the AUO (should be printed on the back of the LCD).

Here's the AUO version for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.nl/LCD-Display-for-Sony-DSLR-A200-A300-A350-Alpha-AUO-UK-/180598037844?pt=UK_Photography_DigitalCamAccess_RL&hash=item2a0c7b5d54

And here's the Sony version:

http://cgi.ebay.nl/LCD-Display-Sony-DSLR-A200-A300-A350-Alpha-Sony-UK-/180598038183?pt=UK_Photography_DigitalCamAccess_RL&hash=item2a0c7b5ea7

akyr0s
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Re: sorry for the Dutch links...-->english ones
In reply to TrojMacReady, Feb 11, 2011

thnx guys,i opened the lcd cap like the video above
and ordered the sony version from hk 42e!
the auo was cheaper but..

TrojMacReady
Senior MemberPosts: 8,473
Like?
Re: sorry for the Dutch links...-->english ones

akyr0s wrote:

thnx guys,i opened the lcd cap like the video above
and ordered the sony version from hk 42e!
the auo was cheaper but..

Still a fraction of the price of having it serviced by a Sony repair center...

mcardo
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Fix..
In reply to TrojMacReady, Aug 16, 2011

What would happen if the wrong LCD screen was used?

The LCD on my camera looks physically great, it is an AUO, but everything looks whitish, all picture previews look extremely bright and the black background in configuration screens look grey.

I was suspecting any of the previous owners had installed the wrong screen. If anyone has tried it... what would the wrong screen show?

thanks!

rwshilling
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
In reply to mcardo, Sep 9, 2011

I need an answer for this as well. My screen died a while ago. I removed it, and threw it away. I remember the screen being branded as Sony, and the connector looking the same as the Sony version of the replacements, vs the AUO ones (which are half the price). However the connector shapes look different.

sonnydee
Regular MemberPosts: 306
Like?
In reply to TrojMacReady, Sep 9, 2011

thanks for the replies on this thread.

Any ideas where I can order an LCD for the A700? i tried ebay but am unable to find one...

fikish
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to rwshilling, May 14, 2013

rwshilling wrote:

I need an answer for this as well. My screen died a while ago. I removed it, and threw it away. I remember the screen being branded as Sony, and the connector looking the same as the Sony version of the replacements, vs the AUO ones (which are half the price). However the connector shapes look different.

I accidentally bought the AUO LCD screen (found this thread once it was too late).

I can verify that the image comes up faded and upon ringing Sony and another independent repair centre, they confirmed there's slightly different spec in each (I believe they mentioned it's a different driver). So basically, if you get the wrong screen it should work but you'll barely be able to see anything at all. Makes do for basic info until you order the right screen

CippoLippo
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
In reply to mcardo, Sep 5, 2013

Have you solved. I have the same promblem but with background blu...

CippoLippo's gear list:CippoLippo's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads