Dicapac GH2 underwater case (and for others M4/3)

Started Feb 4, 2011 | Discussions
petr marek
Regular MemberPosts: 174Gear list
Like?
Dicapac GH2 underwater case (and for others M4/3)
Feb 4, 2011

After long search and no info even on Google I´ve just bought and tried Dicapac WP-H10 and it´s perfect! It suits GH2 with 14-42 lens absolutely great, with perfect control and settings overview. Waterproof up to 10m, enclosed lens extender (not needed), UV coated lens and it´s $50!
Hooorray, I´m looking forward to my holiday on Caribbean reefs!

aljudy
Contributing MemberPosts: 535Gear list
Like?
Re: Dicapac GH2 underwater case (and for others M4/3)
In reply to petr marek, Feb 4, 2011

How about a photo of the camera+lens inside the case, please?
--
Amateur Photographer of family mainly

aljudy's gear list:aljudy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,941Gear list
Like?

Looks like a decent option for underwater. I will probably give it a try next week.
--
GH2, GF1, & ZS3 Sample movies
http://www.youtube.com/user/mpgxsvcd#play/uploads
http://vimeo.com/user442745
GF1 Pictures
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/4222674355/albums

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
jhoff80
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?

I was actually considering the WP-S5 for my E-PL2 because it sounds like it's a little larger, but if the cheaper WP-H10 fits the GH, it sounds like it'll fit the E-PL2 as well.

billbourd
Regular MemberPosts: 485Gear list
Like?
In reply to jhoff80, Feb 4, 2011

Is there the ability to access controls other than the shutter release? Looks like the answer to my GH1 and 20mm 1.7 going to a water park. I had looked on Amazon and they have it for $59.
billbourd

billbourd's gear list:billbourd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
petr marek
Like?
Re: here are some photos
In reply to billbourd, Feb 4, 2011

The ability to access all controls is optimal:

mpgxsvcd
Like?

Will it fit in there with the 20mm F1.7 or the 14mm F2.5? I assume the 14-140mm will not fit?
--
GH2, GF1, & ZS3 Sample movies
http://www.youtube.com/user/mpgxsvcd#play/uploads
http://vimeo.com/user442745
GF1 Pictures
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/4222674355/albums

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
petr marek
Like?
In reply to mpgxsvcd, Feb 4, 2011

Max. outer diameter of the lens is 63mm, so I assume 14-140 won´t fit (I guess it´s 66mm). Lumix 20mm/1.7 should be OK.

mpgxsvcd
Like?

Will the 20mm be loose in there? Does the kit zoom fit snugly? Can you actually zoom with it in the bag?

petr marek wrote:

Max. outer diameter of the lens is 63mm, so I assume 14-140 won´t fit (I guess it´s 66mm). Lumix 20mm/1.7 should be OK.

petr marek
Like?
In reply to mpgxsvcd, Feb 4, 2011

I don´t have 20mm to try. The kit zoom fits snugly (61mm outer diameter) with few mm reserve in the lenght. There´s also 4cm extender in the package, but I don´t think you can acess the zoom ring (it´s for ultrazoom compacts or longer lenses). I saw some other models from Dicapac for bigger dslrs, where zooming is available through flexible finger hole in the lens tube, but they are not suitable for GH2 (too big, bad ergonomics, not transparent in settings control area). But anyway who uses zoom underwater?:)

jhoff80
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?

petr marek wrote:

But anyway who uses zoom underwater?:)

For me personally, it'd be more for pool/beach (and maybe even rain/snow) use than only underwater, so the bigger a range I have for zooming the better, which is another reason why I might just stick with the WP-S5 (bigger and bulkier, but max diameter for lens of 82mm/3.2in, and lens length of 5-9.5cm (2.0-3.7in).

As for the 20mm lens, it's my understanding that with these cases that you get vignetting if the lens is not pressed up against the glass of it pretty tightly, so the 20mm might possibly be too short?

Dan Clark
Senior MemberPosts: 2,703Gear list
Like?
I'm find out in a few days...
In reply to jhoff80, Feb 5, 2011

Many thanks to Petr for posting this! I just ordered a WP-H10 for my GH2 + 20/1.7. I'll post results and pics next week.

Regards,

Dan.

jhoff80 wrote:

petr marek wrote:

But anyway who uses zoom underwater?:)

For me personally, it'd be more for pool/beach (and maybe even rain/snow) use than only underwater, so the bigger a range I have for zooming the better, which is another reason why I might just stick with the WP-S5 (bigger and bulkier, but max diameter for lens of 82mm/3.2in, and lens length of 5-9.5cm (2.0-3.7in).

As for the 20mm lens, it's my understanding that with these cases that you get vignetting if the lens is not pressed up against the glass of it pretty tightly, so the 20mm might possibly be too short?

Graham Gibson
Contributing MemberPosts: 604
Like?
Re: I'm find out in a few days...
In reply to Dan Clark, Feb 5, 2011

I've used one of their earlier models on another camera, with great results while snorkeling. It can be a bit fiddly trying to use different settings, but it keeps things dry!

I've read that the DiCAPac WP610 model fits well with the smaller m4/3 cameras + pancake lenses.
--
--------------------------------------------
Panasonic GF1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamgibson/

petr marek
Like?
In reply to Graham Gibson, Feb 5, 2011

I´ve tried 610 model in a shop, but GH2 body can´t fit in there.

valdi99
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
In reply to petr marek, Jan 15, 2013

Great find! Would you tell me please how much space ads the extention tube..?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads