Mamiya Sekor CS lens

Started Jan 22, 2011 | Discussions
AstroXMan
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
Mamiya Sekor CS lens
Jan 22, 2011

Hi everyone,
Just wondering is there anyway to mount a Mamiya Sekor CS lens on the NEX.

I have some, and need to figure out a way to put them on. Maybe I will use scotch tape or something. I bought a M42 adapter. But it seems like it doesn't fit. I guess there isn't an adapter for it. I google the world almost.

Help!

Documensony
Senior MemberPosts: 1,163
Like?
Re: Mamiya Sekor CS lens
In reply to AstroXMan, Jan 22, 2011

AstroXMan wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have some, and need to figure out a way to put them on. Maybe I will use scotch tape or something. I bought a M42 adapter. But it seems like it doesn't fit. I guess there isn't an adapter for it. I google the world almost.

Help!

The Mamiya CS range was a nice portfolio of lenses indeed - however even if I remember seing adapters for Mamiya medium format lenses to be used on 35mm cameras, I never saw adapters for the CS-lenses to be used on any other 35mm mounts.
--
-----------------------
Documensony
'Spontaneity is enabled by rigorous practice'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
GBsoftware Inc
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
In reply to AstroXMan, Jan 22, 2011

N/T

Lng0004
Senior MemberPosts: 2,602
Like?
In reply to Documensony, Jan 22, 2011

CS-mount to C-mount adapter. At least that's what it claims... might be the other way around?

http://www.jknelectronics.biz/servlet/the-31/CCTV-5.0mm-Kowa-CS/Detail

KM Legacy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,955
Like?
In reply to Lng0004, Jan 23, 2011

C and CS mounts are used for security cameras and other CCTV cameras, some movie cameras, etc. They are not the same as Mamiya's CS mount for their SLR. I doubt there are any adapters for Mamiya CS to NEX.

KM Legacy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,955
Like?
In reply to Lng0004, Jan 23, 2011

I forgot to include this link: http://www.securityideas.com/corcsmount.html

jazzroy1972
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
In reply to Documensony, Jan 24, 2011

are all of them yours?!?!?
congratulations!!

Documensony wrote:

AstroXMan wrote:

Hi everyone,

Help!

The Mamiya CS range was a nice portfolio of lenses indeed - however even if I remember seing adapters for Mamiya medium format lenses to be used on 35mm cameras, I never saw adapters for the CS-lenses to be used on any other 35mm mounts.
--
-----------------------
Documensony
'Spontaneity is enabled by rigorous practice'

AstroXMan
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
In reply to jazzroy1972, Feb 24, 2011

OKAY i somehow manage to put the lenses on, but now my problem is the aperture pin. The mechanicanism of it is quite different. I doubt that it would work even if i glue it. I can only shoot at wide open. or if i glue it, i think it only work at the glued aperture setting.

Can anyone help me solve this puzzle?

slackard
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
In reply to AstroXMan, Jul 14, 2012

The Mamiya CS Lenses can be mounted to any EOS bayonet using a 3D printed adapter I developed and am selling though Shapeways, an online 3d printing service.

The adapter is inexpensive, retains infinity focus, as well as aperture function for use on canon DSLR or anything that canon EF lenses can be adapted to, e.g. NEX.

You can see the adapter here:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/polymetric

If you're interested in the development of this adapter, check the Mamiya 35mm forum here:

http://rherron.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=geninfo&action=display&num=1296884154

Good luck

sebdanan
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
In reply to slackard, 3 months ago

Hi there Slackard,

I visited your website and I'm grateful like many Mamiya fans that you've developed a CS to EOS adaptor.

But! Why not make a CS to Nex, a CS to m4/3 or a CS to Fuji X adaptor for us? Just think about those Mamiya lenses on a X-Trans sensor!

Now imagine how much more convenient and cost-effective it would be to buy just one CS to whatever adaptor rather than having to buy a CS to EOS and a pile it onto an EOS to whatever body adaptor.

I'm sure you've considered it already. But I thought I might insist. Two or so years after this thread opened there still is no other adaptor on the market than your respectable CS to EOS...

Cheers, Seb.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads