the world ended when DPR scored K5>D7000>60D
In reply to scarman1313, Jan 22, 2011
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
RobS Photonut
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
Re: the world ended when DPR scored K5>D7000>60D
In reply to exp1orer, Jan 22, 2011

Okay, it seems that many of us agree that we should have a camera at least handy. Now, should it be the 4/3, DX or FX sensor size? What about brand? Which might hold up better? Nikon or Canon? Hm, might need a flash too. Better stock up on batteries for the event. How about if I just warm up my trusty ol Bronica and load it up with some good ol 220 print film and fire away? I wouldn't think 35mm slides would be much good. No projectors left, and no power to view them.

{smile}

RobS Photonut's gear list:RobS Photonut's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,139
Like?
Re: Helium is good for balloons.
In reply to WBirch, Feb 1, 2011

WBirch wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

Isn't helium the second most common element in the universe?
But gold, ehh! That's just about money. That glorious little abstraction.

Lots of gas here lately.
Regards.

WayneB.

Without gas we suffocate.

Inspire or expire.

-- hide signature --

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
...oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Torch
Senior MemberPosts: 1,978
Like?
Re: If the world came to the end
In reply to scarman1313, Feb 1, 2011

I think you will be taking photos and video of first contact before that.

Imagine and alternate version of Avatar. Can you imagine advanced beings coming here and getting us straighened out?

They're already here and Govt doesn't like it. Kind of tough when things of no good just get turned off. Did you ever wonder why the world no longer has a space program? That is how long they have been here. Oh, we have a space taxi. Where you gonna go?

Its not the end of the world just the way people live it. We will lose some people in a panic of change, but that's about it.

Biggest Brother doesn't appreciate the World Govt has delayed civilization by 1 century. Yes we are 1 century behind in progress. And you though we were the smart model in the universe. LOL

scarman1313 wrote:

All the talk about the world ending on 12/21/2012, I was just wondering if it did would you be taking photos of the end. It would be a one in a life time event.

-- hide signature --

Torch

carl english
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,964Gear list
Like?
In reply to Torch, Feb 1, 2011

What world are we talking about.

carl english's gear list:carl english's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D70
Oly Kod
Forum MemberPosts: 98Gear list
Like?
In reply to scarman1313, Feb 1, 2011

Its not goin to be the end of the world were we are not going to be here anymore type thing everybody is talking about. Its going to be a new beginning. The mayans have a new calender already. When the Whrite Brothers it was the end of the world as you knew it because powerd flight changed the world. Same thing with Henry Ford with the first real automobile, it was the end of the world as you knew it. What will happen on 2012? Only God knows right now. The only thing that this world is going to be ended completly (were earth is no more) is by us our major natural disasters. I hope I made sense.

Oly Kod's gear list:Oly Kod's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough 8000
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 14,584Gear list
Like?
In reply to Torch, Feb 1, 2011

Torch wrote:

I think you will be taking photos and video of first contact before that.

Imagine and alternate version of Avatar. Can you imagine advanced beings coming here and getting us straighened out?

Don't be so ready. They might be coming here to eat us!!!!

They're already here and Govt doesn't like it. Kind of tough when things of no good just get turned off. Did you ever wonder why the world no longer has a space program? That is how long they have been here. Oh, we have a space taxi. Where you gonna go?

No space program? For the last 20 years, we have had a permanent prescence in space. If you measure by going to other planets, well I'm sure that NAS would be happy to soend someone to Mars if you'll pay for it.

Its not the end of the world just the way people live it. We will lose some people in a panic of change, but that's about it.

Biggest Brother doesn't appreciate the World Govt has delayed civilization by 1 century. Yes we are 1 century behind in progress. And you though we were the smart model in the universe. LOL

This statement does not make any sense whatsoever.

scarman1313 wrote:

All the talk about the world ending on 12/21/2012, I was just wondering if it did would you be taking photos of the end. It would be a one in a life time event.

-- hide signature --

Torch

-- hide signature --

-> > "Oh, and since we're on the subject of advice, you may want to be a little leery of some of the advice you see on this, or any other, message board. If someone is giving you advice ......make a determination about how much weight you'll give that advice. You may find that sometimes there are 'serial-posters' on the internet that should read more and type less."
-Brian Blanco, Sarasota Florida

I include myself in that quote
Chris, Broussard, LA

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Marcamera
Forum ProPosts: 10,008
Like?
In reply to Oly Kod, Feb 1, 2011

Oly Kod wrote:

What will happen on 2012? Only God knows right now.

If that's the case, why don't you ask him now what will happen?
He would need to be pretty callous not to tell you.
Rgds

Oly Kod
Forum MemberPosts: 98Gear list
Like?
In reply to Marcamera, Feb 1, 2011

Rgds

How?

Oly Kod's gear list:Oly Kod's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough 8000
Marcamera
Forum ProPosts: 10,008
Like?
In reply to Oly Kod, Feb 1, 2011

Oly Kod wrote:

Rgds

How?

You should know how if you know that he exists.
Rgds

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads