Epson 3800 Maintenance Cartridge

Started Jan 8, 2011 | Discussions
BDW_12
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
Epson 3800 Maintenance Cartridge
Jan 8, 2011

My maintenance cartridge is nearly full. Is there a way to drain some of it or extend the use of it in some way. I don't have a problem with buying a new one but it will be a few days before I can get a new one and I need to get some printing done. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

--Bruce

Adam2
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,735
Like?
Re: Epson 3800 Maintenance Cartridge
In reply to BDW_12, Jan 8, 2011

BDW_12 wrote:

My maintenance cartridge is nearly full. Is there a way to drain some of it or extend the use of it in some way. I don't have a problem with buying a new one but it will be a few days before I can get a new one and I need to get some printing done. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

--Bruce

You can pull out the absorbent pad, replace it with some absorbent material and reset the chip with a chip resetter (around $50-75). Or buy a new tank for $20.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
pluton
Senior MemberPosts: 2,207
Like?
In reply to Adam2, Jan 9, 2011

When mine filled up, I was amazed at how heavy it was--filled with priceless, and now worthless, ink. $$$$.
--
-KB-

Matt Brennan
Contributing MemberPosts: 592
Like?
In reply to pluton, Jan 10, 2011

It is a shame that this ink cannot be recovered, recycled, and used as intended: to print something. You would think the 'green initiative' so many companies have signed onto would prompt something to be done in this area of waste.

:-[

byebyefilm
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
In reply to Matt Brennan, Oct 30, 2012

The "green" you mention is the green of the almighty dollar from you replacing the tank with a new one.

Howard Moftich
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,936
Like?
In reply to BDW_12, Oct 30, 2012

PM sent

irvweiner
Contributing MemberPosts: 705
Like?
In reply to BDW_12, Oct 31, 2012

I purchased a maint cart resetter from Jon Cone, wasn't cheap ($80+) so break-even point is 3-4 carts if you include shpg charges for each replacement.

Benefit is the reset of a cart when you need it. A non-destructive modification I made to my cart: in the semi-circular D shaped space I inserted a plastic bottle cap. This captures all the ink waste generated--I empty the cap every 10+ days, rinse it off and replace. After 14 mos. my foam packing is 98% clean and will never need a replacement.

I'm quite surprised no one posted any sources, a less costly device appeared on Amazon(?) several months ago--but the vendor sold his small batch and left no info about a new batch.

I urge everyone who has bought a useful 'widget' to do more than talk about it--give us readers a link to its source--the 'more eyes on the prize' the better a worthwhile review!!

irv weiner

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads